So if Sean Tucker | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

Im too young to remember but how was it used in recruiting when it came out?

Grabted PSU embarrassed us that year and G Rob ensued
The Express was released in Sept 2008, that was G Rob's last season, so it was more applicable to Marrone's era. I'd say 2-3 years after that we regularly had recruits mention the movie in recruiting interviews. I don't think the program ever fully capitalized on it because of the idiotic decision to retire the number. That movie was a freebie to make the number relevant again but turned into yet another missed opportunity with the only real tradition we have.

We have no traditions at Syracuse... except 44. I'm sorry - standing up and clapping until the first basket in hoops is not a tradition.

44 is what we have. It needs to be used both on the hoops and football side. Derrick Coleman. John Wallace. Michael Owens. Rob Konrad. These are the legends from my time on the Hill. During my dad's time - it was Ernie, Floyd and Jim Brown.

It's time to keep the tradition going. For the current generation.
Can anyone explain what happened in hoops with 44? We had Coleman, and then Wallace a few years later. Then Winfred Walton was supposed to wear it. It was becoming the number for star forwards.

And that’s it. And now nobody even talks about it. For awhile I think some would wonder why Warrick or Anthony didn’t wear it.

Why did they unofficially retire it for hoops too? I find it hard to believe nobody has wanted the number for 25 years. I know DC and JW’s jerseys are in the rafters, but they’ve made the point that they honor jerseys, not retire numbers.

The best thing SU has to keep Tucker is Shrader.
Shrader is critical to Tuckers success as he has to be accounted for by the D.
If SU had gone with Tommy my guess is Tucker has at a minimum 33% less yardage and i believe Tucker transfers.
Shrader and Tucker compliment each other extremely well and another year to Gel together along with the OL bodes well for the future.
These guys make each other exponentially better which is the primary reason Tucker should stay.

Can anyone explain what happened in hoops with 44? We had Coleman, and then Wallace a few years later. Then Winfred Walton was supposed to wear it. It was becoming the number for star forwards.

And that’s it. And now nobody even talks about it. For awhile I think some would wonder why Warrick or Anthony didn’t wear it.

Why did they unofficially retire it for hoops too? I find it hard to believe nobody has wanted the number for 25 years. I know DC and JW’s jerseys are in the rafters, but they’ve made the point that they honor jerseys, not retire numbers.
It was never really a thing in hoops. It had potential, but it never happened. It's hard to say if it was a wasted opportunity because we've had a decent level of success recruiting forwards over the years.

I like the Knowshon Moreno comparison that Mark Richt ( for Gus Edwards forever) gave for Sean. Very similar size backs and games.

Sean’s value is set partly by his accomplishments in the playing field but also by the number of followers he has for social media.

Right now he only has a couple thousand followers. If you haven’t already done so, pllease start following him. And while you are at it, follow Buddy and other SU athletics related accounts you check regularly. It is free and an easy way to help our athletes get more visibility, value and money down the road.

Sean’s value is set partly by his accomplishments in the playing field but also by the number of followers he has for social media.

Right now he only has a couple thousand followers. If you haven’t already done so, pllease start following him. And while you are at it, follow Buddy and other SU athletics related accounts you check regularly. It is free and an easy way to help our athletes get more visibility, value and money down the road.

Instagram handle is

tucker5timez​

This man is endearing, takes responsibility for things that aren’t even his fault. A true leader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom