So it can be done | Syracusefan.com

So it can be done

upperdeck

Living Legend
SU arranging for watching the soccer game on the big screen before the bball game shows they can find away to show games in the Dome . Now figure out how to get it done for football and maybe there is a reason for people to show up early or see highlights of other games in game,

SU arranging for watching the soccer game on the big screen before the bball game shows they can find away to show games in the Dome . Now figure out how to get it done for football and maybe there is a reason for people to show up early or see highlights of other games in game,
Are major television contracts involved?

Is it free? I have to imagine turning the lights on and getting the personal ready to open and operate the Dome, even for what is essentially a movie is somewhat costly. Not saying they shouldn't do it.

You've apparently never heard the "expressed written consent" spiel near the end of sports broadcasts.

Why would I want to go into the Dome early to watch other games?

Are major television contracts involved?
thats the question.. I know they have done it before.. this is SU playing on ESPN.

I imagine there are rights issues to be solved..

Maybe they can only show ACC highlights? maybe only highlights from whoever is broadcasting the game?

But the question is other places do it. Bills games I have been to show NFL highlights. Other college games have done it.

As to why would I want to..

They have asked many times for people to show up earlier. I would gladly show up 30-60 min earlier and eat something at the Dome if I had something to do..

now maybe when WIFI is fixed I just stare at my phone and the issue goes away. Lets hope.

The same for half time.. yea I can watch the band but i would rather see whats going on with other games and since the cant be bothered to really show scores or stats in a meaningful way.

I mean if ESPN is showing the game throw the ESPN halftime show on just to see scores and highlights of things I am missing while sitting in the Dome for 4 hrs.

They can show games in the tents outside pre-game that hundreds can watch, so why not in the dome? I would rather go in and sit in my seat than stand under a tent.

One thing chair backs are gonna do is make it harder to eat since there wont be a place to set my dome dog(S) down now.

thats the question.. I know they have done it before.. this is SU playing on ESPN.

I imagine there are rights issues to be solved..

Maybe they can only show ACC highlights? maybe only highlights from whoever is broadcasting the game?

But the question is other places do it. Bills games I have been to show NFL highlights. Other college games have done it.

As to why would I want to..

They have asked many times for people to show up earlier. I would gladly show up 30-60 min earlier and eat something at the Dome if I had something to do..

now maybe when WIFI is fixed I just stare at my phone and the issue goes away. Lets hope.

The same for half time.. yea I can watch the band but i would rather see whats going on with other games and since the cant be bothered to really show scores or stats in a meaningful way.

I mean if ESPN is showing the game throw the ESPN halftime show on just to see scores and highlights of things I am missing while sitting in the Dome for 4 hrs.

They can show games in the tents outside pre-game that hundreds can watch, so why not in the dome? I would rather go in and sit in my seat than stand under a tent.

One thing chair backs are gonna do is make it harder to eat since there wont be a place to set my dome dog(S) down now.
It sounds like you just want to stay home. (There's nothing wrong with that.)

It sounds like you just want to stay home. (There's nothing wrong with that.)
nope.. I want to enjoy football while at a game.

I wonder why when you go to a golf prga event they have a dozen scoreboards/video boards around showing things

when you go to a MLB game they have stats and scoreboards

why at the dome we have to pretend its the only game happening in the whole world

nope.. I want to enjoy football while at a game.

I wonder why when you go to a golf prga event they have a dozen scoreboards/video boards around showing things

when you go to a MLB game they have stats and scoreboards

why at the dome we have to pretend its the only game happening in the whole world
When you’re at a PGA event, you can only see like 2% of the action that is actively happening on the same ground. Hence the screens.

Do you want stats and scores or do you want to watch other games while action in the Dome is not taking place? Those are two very different things.

IMO, it’s a bad look for a school to stream other schools’ games - it feels like an admission of defeat that nothing they have to offer is worth the time of the fans in attendance.

Rangers v devils is the game of the night, with MNF a close 2nd.

If the Dome can find a way to show both of those games, while the hoop team plays Monmouth…I’ll buy 5 tickets and go.

Otherwise, I’m staying home.

Here’s the bigger question. What happens if the soccer game goes to OT? That adds 45 mins plus PKs if needed. Will they keep the soccer game on the screens that they charged some people for or will they piss people off by turning it off while the bball game is played?

i have long said they should just do this for away games in club 44 or expand for bigger games/expected attendance

When you’re at a PGA event, you can only see like 2% of the action that is actively happening on the same ground. Hence the screens.

Do you want stats and scores or do you want to watch other games while action in the Dome is not taking place? Those are two very different things.

IMO, it’s a bad look for a school to stream other schools’ games - it feels like an admission of defeat that nothing they have to offer is worth the time of the fans in attendance.
I want the best fan experience possible. Im not asking for live games in dead periods.. That might be nice for big events though.. But pre-post game/halftime/between periods might be nice. And the reality is that sitting in the dome watching SU doesnt mean I dont want to know how the Tenn/Ala game plays out. or like when the Mets/Yankees WS was being played. or the Cortica jug.

Imagine in a few yrs and SU is 10-1 playing BC in game 12 and we need someone to lose the SEC to make the 12 team playoff.

OR closer to home when SU hosted the NCAAs and was playing out midwest while the games were going on in the Dome and people who paid money(mosly locals) were trying to keep track of the SU game while at the dome.

MLB many stadiums have special scoreboards now to help keep track of Out of Town games with more than just the scores

If you want people in the seats you need to elevate the games. SU sees it with Soccer of which a small number of people are even local fans of the game,

I know that I have people who dont go to SU games with me because its a great CF weekend with 3-4-5 good games and they would rather stay home and watch them than take 4-6 hrs of time to go . but if they could keep track of those games better they might come

WIFI will help. But there is nothing like being at a game when another important game is going on and people finding out about it, it creates a buzz.. Even more so if the game means something that crowd.. 40K finding out at the same time is better than a few hundred trying to do so on phones.

I want the best fan experience possible. Im not asking for live games in dead periods.. That might be nice for big events though.. But pre-post game/halftime/between periods might be nice. And the reality is that sitting in the dome watching SU doesnt mean I dont want to know how the Tenn/Ala game plays out. or like when the Mets/Yankees WS was being played. or the Cortica jug.

Imagine in a few yrs and SU is 10-1 playing BC in game 12 and we need someone to lose the SEC to make the 12 team playoff.

OR closer to home when SU hosted the NCAAs and was playing out midwest while the games were going on in the Dome and people who paid money(mosly locals) were trying to keep track of the SU game while at the dome.

MLB many stadiums have special scoreboards now to help keep track of Out of Town games with more than just the scores

If you want people in the seats you need to elevate the games. SU sees it with Soccer of which a small number of people are even local fans of the game,

I know that I have people who dont go to SU games with me because its a great CF weekend with 3-4-5 good games and they would rather stay home and watch them than take 4-6 hrs of time to go . but if they could keep track of those games better they might come

WIFI will help. But there is nothing like being at a game when another important game is going on and people finding out about it, it creates a buzz.. Even more so if the game means something that crowd.. 40K finding out at the same time is better than a few hundred trying to do so on phones.
The things you're mentioning are incredibly specific, though, and the only likely universal interest that everyone at the game has is the game itself.

Nope. And I would guess the majority of fans in attendance at the Dome don't either.
it would be interesting to know.. I have no idea who is sitting around my area any more but its at least 50/50 they have bets on games just the little talk I can hear around me. not every college age kid I deal with is betting or doing fantasy but its way over 50%. Just sitting around me at my hockey games people are betting and hockey is hard to bet on in NY because you cant bet on the NY teams.

I walk into the bar at the golf course and soccer is on and its because people are betting it.. You never would have seen that 25 yrs ago, the TV would have been on golf or off. Now everyone is betting golf/soccer/baseball/nascar

it would be interesting to know.. I have no idea who is sitting around my area any more but its at least 50/50 they have bets on games just the little talk I can hear around me. not every college age kid I deal with is betting or doing fantasy but its way over 50%. Just sitting around me at my hockey games people are betting and hockey is hard to bet on in NY because you cant bet on the NY teams.

I walk into the bar at the golf course and soccer is on and its because people are betting it.. You never would have seen that 25 yrs ago, the TV would have been on golf or off. Now everyone is betting golf/soccer/baseball/nascar
Everyone you talk to. There’s a stat out there that like 90% of sports betting is done by like 10% of the participants.

Here’s the bigger question. What happens if the soccer game goes to OT? That adds 45 mins plus PKs if needed. Will they keep the soccer game on the screens that they charged some people for or will they piss people off by turning it off while the bball game is played?

Screw it - let's just win the damn game like 4 - nil, so it ends on time.
Problem solved.

Everyone you talk to. There’s a stat out there that like 90% of sports betting is done by like 10% of the participants.
not sure how that stat works. I dont think 1 in 10 people bet.. But everyone I personally know that goes to SU games is betting in some way and every kid I coached thru the years that now is out and has a job is betting, many of them were while still in HS. My kid is out of college and went to a nerd school with little sports to watch and yet they all were betting. Now that is legal/easy even more

this survey was from almost 2 yrs ago. amount of sports fans interested in betting. right before the boom hit to legalize it. it says 48% of households that make over $125K have an interest in betting.

Another stat is 20% of people have bet on sports in the last yr. So if you remove all the people with little interest in sports I wonder what the number would be.

NHL62%
NCAA Basketball59%
NBA57%
NCAA Football55%
MLB52%
NFL48%

not sure how that stat works. I dont think 1 in 10 people bet.. But everyone I personally know that goes to SU games is betting in some way and every kid I coached thru the years that now is out and has a job is betting, many of them were while still in HS. My kid is out of college and went to a nerd school with little sports to watch and yet they all were betting. Now that is legal/easy even more
"Everyone you talk to" is not a reflection of how many people actually sports bet.

Also, what's the link to what you cite in terms of numbers? I want to see the methodology.

neilson report

first one i grabbed

how many betters will there be

it says about 20 million adults.

I mean roughly 1/3 of the US is under 18 or over 70 and thats probably a small number of this group so 20 million out of 200 million? Back to the 1 in 10.. now the numbers say about 60 million a month watch sports.. so if 20 million bet thats like 1 in 3..

Given that its probably more like 1 in 5 are betting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom