So its been a few days, who are some names we are looking at for DC do you think? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So its been a few days, who are some names we are looking at for DC do you think?

Someone I believe had mentioned Newberry as a candidate because of a connection with Babers. At least I think so. Anyways. That’s not happening now.

Someone I believe had mentioned Newberry as a candidate because of a connection with Babers. At least I think so. Anyways. That’s not happening now.
he is interim tagged not permanent

I'm not upperdeck, but this has been well documented.

"That support from SU was something White emphasized in his exit interview. Though he had two to three serious offers each season to make lateral moves away from Syracuse, he said Wildhack and Babers always did what was necessary to keep him around."

“Mr. Wildhack and Dino, those are the two reasons why I’ve been here for three years,” White said. “Especially Mr. Wildhack. That dude has taken care of me and my family tremendously. I’ve turned down numerous schools from numerous conferences.”

Tony White

Also offered an FCS HC job that he turned down.

Let’s say Monroe takes DC, that means we have a $711k salary opening. How do we utilize those funds to makes this coaching staff better is my question! Hire two more assistants? Or pay a proven high end assistant with great recruiting a mega salary?
And whatever the buyout was for TW and Anae.

I'm good with giving Monroe a shot. However, I bet that JW/DB want to see who's available before annoiting Nick.

I am intrigued by Sean Lewis's DC at Kent State, Jeremiah Johnson, runs the 3-3-5, has a long track record of being a defensive coordinator (one year at Kent State, nine years at Northern Iowa). Good DC and has been successful everywhere. Clearly gettable.

Maybe ADJW and Dino reward Swag with an Assistant Head Coach title and then bring in a DC? Reward Swag for doing DC for the bowl and for his loyalty, performance and recruiting. The kids clearly love the guy. I just looked and no one is currently Assistant HC.

Dino's been working with Nick since 2014. Seems like plenty of time to make an assessment whether he's on the list or not, rather than base it on one game.
images (13).jpeg

I'm good with giving Monroe a shot. However, I bet that JW/DB want to see who's available before annoiting Nick.

I am intrigued by Sean Lewis's DC at Kent State, Jeremiah Johnson, runs the 3-3-5, has a long track record of being a defensive coordinator (one year at Kent State, nine years at Northern Iowa). Good DC and has been successful everywhere. Clearly gettable.
Excellent candidate, I read on another site that Kent St improved by 7 pts a game this year on D with him in his first season, that is impressive

Excellent candidate, I read on another site that Kent St improved by 7 pts a game this year on D with him in his first season, that is impressive
I want to be the program who snags a P5 proven coordinator but we really are not that. We need to take the best guys from G5 schools and get our 3-5 years out of them (like we did TW). Nothing wrong with that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom