So my wife ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

Explain to her that 3:30 is not lunch it is early bird dinner time so unless you are 65 you will have to reschedule. Otherwise 2:45 finger goes down the throat no one can blame you for staying home not wanting to get them sick.

I can see you doing the phone in the lap trick but to keep looking down and making noises, maybe a yesss and a nooo, make look a little weird to your wife and friends. :rolleyes::D

What kind of cars do you have? I'm sure one of them is prone to some sort of issue and Saturday is the only chance you'll have to work on it and finish at 3:25 and be far to tired and dirty to make lunch. Aside from that, disconnect the battery. "What, the car won't start? It's not even trying to turn over?! I guess we can't make lunch"

flat tire is even easier. Oh crap, there's a flat. Why don't you take the other car sweetie so you're not late and I'll try to catch up with you after I change this. Then the temporary spare will have no air....

I can't believe you people are indicating ways to weasel out of this. Unless the OP was the reason why prior plans needed to be rescheduled because he was hung over And was found to be cheating the night before, this shindig needs to be rescheduled without a single additional thought required.
Yeah. I'm at a complete loss here. I know wife's are off limits on the forum, but if this story is even remotely accurate it tells me a lot about her. Just terrible for her not to say "of course I can reschedule". That's what 99% of wives would say. Maybe it's guilt trip time

If only that were the case :) At the friend's house, and no way is my wife going to let me connive my way into getting the TV turned on. But thanks for the suggestion.

Can't you just call the friend's hubby and beg him to cancel ? No one's the wiser. I'll bet a night at the strip club on your dime could make that happen pretty fast.

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.
This exact situation is why they invented divorces.

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.
Missing the game for a lunch? That is pathetic. Grow a sack. My wife would kick me in the nuts if i did that. First question i asked my wife when i met her was "how important are sports to you"? Her response was "#1 on my list". I dont understand people who marry non sports girls. Blows me away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

My wife would forgive me.

one year anniversary. 20 Jan, 2011. I planned us a nice weekend at the Chena Hot Springs resort. It was the same day as the ND game, we were 20-0, but thats cool, the Hot Springs has a bar, and we could have a few drinks and watch the game... Well, the bar doesnt have a TV. I was furious, but since it was the whole anniversary thing I sucked it up and we ordered dinner. As the waiter handed us our food he wispered "they just got the game on in the lodge for you"

Wife just looked at me and said "Go". threw my in a to go box, and I was outta there. Caught the last 5 minutes. We lost. Wife was over it by time I got back, and we went on with the rest of our night.

We have good women - no question about it. Mine is currently thinking of what tailgate food to make for us to bring down on Saturday. Two years ago she knew nothing of football (big hoops fan though).

Once. That's 1 time in the past two decades have I had a problem with a conflict over watching an SU football, basketball, lacrosse game.

A couple of years ago my wife invited my brother in law and his wife over for dinner. When I found out about it I was pretty PO'd. And I was right.

The ground rules were set many years ago. If I want to watch a game I watch a game. She understood that and understands that. I watch them all!

This is something that a husband and wife have to agree upon before they tie the knot. It's basic.

My B-I-L and his wife did come over and I sat in front of the TV and watched the whole game. I was still kinda pissed.

Man up.

(compromises about other things)

I got season tickets to my beloved Bills this season. About a month or two back I realized to my horror opening day with the Patriots is the same day as my wife's birthday.

I brought this up to her and she insisted I go to the Bills game since I played all that money for seasons. She said we will just go out for dinner and dancing (I hate to dance but the cards were in her hand) the night before...Syracuse plays NW at 6pm the night before. I don't have the balls to say anything so I will be missing that game...

I got season tickets to my beloved Bills this season. About a month or two back I realized to my horror opening day with the Patriots is the same day as my wife's birthday.

I brought this up to her and she insisted I go to the Bills game since I played all that money for seasons. She said we will just go out for dinner and dancing (I hate to dance but the cards were in her hand) the night before...Syracuse plays NW at 6pm the night before. I don't have the balls to say anything so I will be missing that game...

dinner at a sports bar? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom