So my wife ... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

I missed my brother in laws 30th birthday party to watch the 7-8 giants close out a season. Mu wife agreed and it was her brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/
My wedding was delayed fifteen minutes due to the giants eagles game in 2002 to close the season.

We needed to win to make the playoffs, which we did. Lost the SF debacle of a game, which I also watched, on our honeymoon.

My wife understand me, as hard as that is for her to do!

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.

Point #1

When she said lunch on 31st, the first words out of my mouth would have been, "Fine. As long as we are home by 3:30 for the SU game."

The fact that those words never passed your lips is on you.

Point #2

I understand that you need to pick your battles but this is one battle worth fighting.

You need to get this stuff on her calendar so she is aware of it. And you have to make it clear that this stuff is YOUR priority.

Man, I cannot wait until Kaiser gets a hold of this thread...

My wedding was delayed fifteen minutes due to the giants eagles game in 2002 to close the season.

We needed to win to make the playoffs, which we did. Lost the SF debacle of a game, which I also watched, on our honeymoon.

My wife understand me, as hard as that is for her to do!
that was your GD fault for getting married on a Sunday in the fall.

i bet his wife is a closet rutgers fan-

if not my vet doesnt charge a whole lot to get those worthless danglers removed - might as well have them snipped off so its a legit excuse to be such a pansy

This probably makes all the married folks feel a little better so thanks for posting.

I'll be at the beach, and it's been completely agreed that we either go back to the house before 3:30, or I just go to a nearby bar at 3:30, depending on how long everyone wants to stay.

My wife said how about you don't go up to NYC on Labor Day and you go to Chicago the following week instead.

I can't complain.

You can always tell her that doing the wild thing is out of the question unless she reschedules. My wife did that to me once and I folded like a cheap suit.
Nice idea, I'm not sure it would work as well the other way around. Been married for 15 years, and I'm pretty certain of this...

Does your friends house have a TV? I would have no problem requesting that the game be turned on and hanging out on the couch... As long as the wife or her friend will keep bringing me cold beers.

porkchop in every pint

You can always tell her that doing the wild thing is out of the question unless she reschedules. My wife did that to me once and I folded like a cheap suit.

in a country with 300 million people you couldn't find a women who would put up with you for 2 minutes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom