So my wife ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

This probably makes all the married folks feel a little better so thanks for posting.

I'll be at the beach, and it's been completely agreed that we either go back to the house before 3:30, or I just go to a nearby bar at 3:30, depending on how long everyone wants to stay.

My wife said how about you don't go up to NYC on Labor Day and you go to Chicago the following week instead.

I can't complain.

Marriage is give and take. You get to watch both games and your wife suggests the Chicago trip. Well done sir. And kudos to your wife for finding that middle ground.

Marriage is give and take. You get to watch both games and your wife suggests the Chicago trip. Well done sir. And kudos to your wife for finding that middle ground.

Yeah, I definitely don't get my way as much as I'd like. But when it comes to SU football, I play my it's only 12 regular season games card and become a fairly intolerable whiny b**tch around the house when I don't get my way. After 9 years, she can deal with one game a week.

I'm not a proud man. At least not all the time.

I have a family picnic/birthday thing(1 hr from home) on Saturday but once I heard of it I made sure that it was early enough(1230-3pm) that ill be able to at least listen to 1st quarter while im driving home listening to the game on Sirius and then watch the rest at home since the game won't be over til close to 7.

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.

i know some divorce attorneys. what state are you in?

I'm only kidding... just burn your couchburn

that will teach her a lesson.

I think you walked right up to that non-judgmental line and then blasted right through it. :D

Oh, for sure. But, I mean, come on with this. His wife is making him go to lunch, and he's going? That's two times the terrible is what that is.

Oh, for sure. But, I mean, come on with this. His wife is making him go to lunch, and he's going? That's two times the terrible is what that is.

Preaching to the choir on that. Hard to fathom.

sack the up and cancel the lunch date.

my wife is down with whatever my cuse game plans are and she generally knows better, if she makes fall plans she'll ask the game situation first. My sons are 4 and 10 and I've already warned them not to get married on a game day or else they may be sol on the tab.

I have an idiot brother who's getting married this fall on the day of the GT game. Per his wife's instructions he's forbidding us from watching the game at the reception bar and we all just laughed.

it's a long weekend, just move it.

Have you seen the video where Bob Costas is interviewed about the 6 OT game? He's in Hawaii with the wife and had dinner reservations planned as the sun set over the Pacific. Needless to say, Bob did not make it to the restaurant at the originally scheduled time.

Is she a communist?

First off, edowd is winning this thread.

Second, everybody's in such a rusg to punch themselves in the man balls to prove they're alphas or whatever that we're like 90 posts in and not a single one of you has recommended the only sensible compromise.

Our esteemed friend's wife is busy from noon to 3 right? And kickoff is at 3:30, right? Well geniuses, there's a culinary delight known as brunch often served at finer dining establishments on weekends beginning around 10 o'clock, right?

So... reschedule for brunch. Everybody wins.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Everything that can be said on this thread has been said.

The important events in my life that I've canceled or and/or rescheduled to watch 'Cuse games are WAY more important in the grand scheme of things than some dumb "lunch" with friends... A "lunch" that wasn't scheduled at lunchtime, mind you.

The initial post here is so lame, I almost feel like we're being trolled.

Second, everybody's in such a rusg to punch themselves in the man balls to prove they're alphas or whatever that we're like 90 posts in and not a single one of you has recommended the only sensible compromise.

Our esteemed friend's wife is busy from noon to 3 right? And kickoff is at 3:30, right? Well geniuses, there's a culinary delight known as brunch often served at finer dining establishments on weekends beginning around 10 o'clock, right?

Or a 7:30 dinner. Plus be a hero and offer to pick up the check. Or just send the wives out for dinner. There are a few ways for this to be a win-win.

My fiance let me buy a new 65" Samsung LED TV for the basement and I'm not only having a bunch of friends over to watch football all day on Saturday, but she's going to be downing drinks right along with us.

I win.

And yes, I know that this will end once we're married.

Nahhhh. This deserves no compromising or heroic suggestions.

This deserves a "I can't go to lunch, the SU game is on at 3:30". And a spouse that says "oh OK, no problem."

Only thing that makes sense is that the lunch is with his wife's boss and she needs it to make a good impression, get promoted...and get inducted into some psycho fluckin weird arse cult where they shut themselves off from all normal folks activities.

Good god man, what the fluk??

Lets forget the fact that we are on a Syracuse fan board and u state that u can't watch a Syracuse Football game...and take a second look at what just transpired.

2 things jump at me...

1. Your wife doesn't know you. For if she did, A) this wouldn't be scheduled B) it would be moved, or C) game watching would be accommodated.

2. You don't have the balls to stand up for yourself.

But you know what, it's probably the hidden bonus option...

3. You just don't belong here. And honestly, ain't nothin wrong with that.

I have a family picnic/birthday thing(1 hr from home) on Saturday but once I heard of it I made sure that it was early enough(1230-3pm) that ill be able to at least listen to 1st quarter while im driving home listening to the game on Sirius and then watch the rest at home since the game won't be over til close to 7.
Absolutely. I've done a bunch of things where you can time it to listen to the beginning of the game in the car. That's totally acceptable.

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.

I had a wife like that once.

I learned to pay attention to my wife and mother-in-laws scheduling a long long time ago! They will schedule something 3 months out! That is one thing I make sure I listen to!

1. Your wife doesn't know you. For if she did, A) this wouldn't be scheduled B) it would be moved, or C) game watching would be accommodated.

Absolutely. Some things need to be covered before a first date actually happens. Unless that first date is at a sporting event or a sports bar.

Those were my first two dates. The third one was at a driving range. I knew I had to get it all on the table early on.

Point #1

When she said lunch on 31st, the first words out of my mouth would have been, "Fine. As long as we are home by 3:30 for the SU game."

The fact that those words never passed your lips is on you.

Point #2

I understand that you need to pick your battles but this is one battle worth fighting.

You need to get this stuff on her calendar so she is aware of it. And you have to make it clear that this stuff is YOUR priority.

Man, I cannot wait until Kaiser gets a hold of this thread...

Just got back from being out in this evening. Took a look at the thread and read through all responses. Laughed out loud a few times. Let my wife read a few too. She does feel bad.

In our house, it's just me, the wife, and the dog. No kids. Married for 12 years

This story is absolutely true. I am not trolling. Although I don't know how to authenticate myself because no one here knows me from a slice of bread.

Believe me, Forza, I am kicking myself for never sputtering those words and the second point is well taken for future reference. I'm not getting out of this one now, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom