So my wife ... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

See, and I disagree. I think this thread is great. Maybe it's because I like to see others suffer, not sure. Maybe it's because I like the creative ways that people bust the balls of he who suffers. That could be more likely.

I tend to always throw out the 1AA as my sacrifice game. Ok, I'll go to dinner and sacrifice the one thing I love in the fall. See what a great husband I am? (so yeah, let's keep scheduling those until I accidentally have a kid nine months after one of them).

Let's not discuss the Clemson game. I'll probably watch much of it, but either way, my event will have me drinking up to my eye level for free with people I enjoy sharing cocktails with.

Chip, my niece is getting married out of town the weekend of the Clemson game. First kid of the next generation to get married and I'm her Godfather. First home game of the ACC era and I have to miss it. I've already began work on catching a communicable disease or driving a wedge between myself and my sister's family by doing something embarrassing or scandalous. I'm thinking I might just tell her that I'll catch her next one as long as she doesn't schedule it during football season.

My wifes grandfather is in from out of state and she hasn't seen him for 7 years. Here's how the conversation went this morning

Her "what time are you leaving for the game on saturday?"
Me "around 9. I'm picking my aunt up at 9:30 and then we're picking up my buddy from work just after 10"
Her "Oh what time is the game?"
Me "3:30 but it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get there and I'm not sure what traffic will look like"
Her "oh I thought we could go out to breakfast with them but you're leaving so early"
Me *silent for 5-10 seconds not blinking or breaking eye contact
Her "well I guess I can just go without you"
Me "yup"

It's HER grandfather. I assume he is going to be there for more than just breakfast after 7 years. I am a toughy. What can I say!!

It's HER grandfather. I assume he is going to be there for more than just breakfast after 7 years. I am a toughy. What can I say!!
or, eat at 7:00, you know, breakfast time

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

No fault to assess to me, my friend. My wife knows better than to schedule some tea sandwich eating bullshit during game time. My anniversary has never interfered with 'Cuse football.

Here here.

And I was wedded the Day Tebucky Jones beat Tulane at the gun 30-19. It has never been a problem. And wifey B-Day of 3-16 usually is on a NCAA day too.

She got over it a long time ago. And I know it means when interference's do happen, I gotta step up with unexpected dinner or gift pre-emptively.

I admittedly had some conflict early in my marriage related to this topic, but it really was all my fault. My pregnant wife was sleeping with her head resting on me quite comfortably and when McNabb hit Brominski I jumped up excitedly - woke her up, and still haven't heard the end of it.

However, the long term plan is to have kids. I know that sounds nuts, because it takes years of planning and discipline - but if done correctly it will change everything. You just need to brainwash the children from a young age to love all things SU. I have 2 kids now 12 and 14 and all the years of hard work have finally paid off. If something gets scheduled on gameday, I don't have to say a word. My son, and even sometimes my daughter, is right there running the point for me. I just smile and shrug, baby.

Smile and shrug.

I admittedly had some conflict early in my marriage related to this topic, but it really was all my fault. My pregnant wife was sleeping with her head resting on me quite comfortably and when McNabb hit Brominski I jumped up excitedly - woke her up, and still haven't heard the end of it.

However, the long term plan is to have kids. I know that sounds nuts, because it takes years of planning and discipline - but if done correctly it will change everything. You just need to brainwash the children from a young age to love all things SU. I have 2 kids now 12 and 14 and all the years of hard work have finally paid off. If something gets scheduled on gameday, I don't have to say a word. My son, and even sometimes my daughter, is right there running the point for me. I just smile and shrug, baby.

Smile and shrug.

Do you embarrass your son Donovan with this story from time to time?

My wife and I were in a once in a lifetime vacation in Hawaii during SUs most recent run to the final 4. You better believe we found the two or three sports bar on all of the big island.

I would contact the friend directly and arrange the TV situation. You being a SU fan is part of your makeup. They'll love you for being honest.

Here's how you avoid this in the future: everyone has a smartphone, right? Set up a Google calendar and sync it to both of your phones. Put all of the SU games in the calendar first, then all of your other crap. Next time she wants to schedule something, must check the shared calendar, and she should know you can't double-book, especially on Syracuse games.

This is how we keep track of our crazy schedule and it helps keep us both sane, what with all of the kids events, Dr appointments, etc.
This is exactly our setup. Works great.

Less than three days to help this guy out. At this stage of the game, I agree with the posters who suggest enlisting the help of the "lunch" friends. Or maybe we can get the stable closed down...hmmm...

This is the best OT thread I've seen in a long time. Spike their drinks with Ambien and you'll be watching the game by the end of the first quarter.
Or bring some turkey appetizers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Orijinal: you're a lucky SOB!!!

December 13th is "National Day of the Horse".
There is no SU basketball game scheduled for that day, and the ACC football championship was held the previous weekend

I'd suggest taking your spouse for a horse ride on that day.

Just imagine if the ACC-B1G challenge was that day!

The thing with this is I could make it work, do breakfast, and just get to the game before kick off. However, by the time tomorrow morning rolls around I will be a mess and not feel like dealing with anyone that doesn't want to solely discudd Syracuse football. So I could, I just don't want to.

Get a new wife, you big sissy. My wife basically picked out and bought our current house because she and the realtor wanted to go house-hunting during the 2004 SU-Michigan State hoops game. I just told her to tell me how it works out.

The thing with this is I could make it work, do breakfast, and just get to the game before kick off. However, by the time tomorrow morning rolls around I will be a mess and not feel like dealing with anyone that doesn't want to solely discudd Syracuse football. So I could, I just don't want to.

We are all the same sick puppies. I hate talking to anyone on game day either about anything other than the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom