So my wife ... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

This thread has me really juiced . I think of the things I used to do to be able to attend a game, not just watch it! This is a good one. My oldest was two months old, we didn't have a pot to piss in. I told the wife I really had to go to the next football game, which was the next day. She said sure.The forecast was for snow, so what. Well, did it snow! A two hour ride turned into a 3 1/2 hour ride. Was it bad! She didn't say a peep. I checked her and my son into a hotel and rushed up to the hill. Scalped a ticket and walked through two feet of snow to get to my seat just in time foropening kick.
My ticket was right in the middle of the WVU section! This was the Michael Owens game! What a blast. Thinking back, the guy next to me was in suspenders, overalls, and didn't have any teeth. Didn't think much about it at the time, but now I lmao every time I think of that game!
And someone has to go to lunch. Wow

This thread has me really juiced . I think of the things I used to do to be able to attend a game, not just watch it! This is a good one. My oldest was two months old, we didn't have a pot to piss in. I told the wife I really had to go to the next football game, which was the next day. She said sure.The forecast was for snow, so what. Well, did it snow! A two hour ride turned into a 3 1/2 hour ride. Was it bad! She didn't say a peep. I checked her and my son into a hotel and rushed up to the hill. Scalped a ticket and walked through two feet of snow to get to my seat just in time foropening kick.
My ticket was right in the middle of the WVU section! This was the Michael Owens game! What a blast. Thinking back, the guy next to me was in suspenders, overalls, and didn't have any teeth. Didn't think much about it at the time, but now I lmao every time I think of that game!

You sure it wasn't 10 feet of snow, uphill both ways?? ;)

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.
Grow a pair......Oh Lord

Epic thread! My anniversary is Saturday. I will be watching the game. Last time this happened, we were in the Smokies and we watched the opener from the cabin vs Northwestern. Our 5 year anniversary we spent in Knoxville watching Cuse vs UT - probably one of the most memorable anniversary weekends we ever had. Great memories are made from moments like this. Make this weekend memorable!

Best night of my life, that was. I walked all the way from Sadler in my shorts and Otto t-shirt. Watched one of the all-time best SU games, then met my future (and current) wife at a party we had in the dorm.

Man, did it snow hard that night.

You can always tell her that doing the wild thing is out of the question unless she reschedules. My wife did that to me once and I folded like a cheap suit.
If I did that my wife would schedule lunch during every SU game.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Great memories. I was 16 years old and rushed the field after we won and witnessed a buddy (and board member) tackle Otto only to find out that it was a girl.

My wifes grandfather is in from out of state and she hasn't seen him for 7 years. Here's how the conversation went this morning

Her "what time are you leaving for the game on saturday?"
Me "around 9. I'm picking my aunt up at 9:30 and then we're picking up my buddy from work just after 10"
Her "Oh what time is the game?"
Me "3:30 but it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get there and I'm not sure what traffic will look like"
Her "oh I thought we could go out to breakfast with them but you're leaving so early"
Me *silent for 5-10 seconds not blinking or breaking eye contact
Her "well I guess I can just go without you"
Me "yup"

My wifes grandfather is in from out of state and she hasn't seen him for 7 years. Here's how the conversation went this morning

Her "what time are you leaving for the game on saturday?"
Me "around 9. I'm picking my aunt up at 9:30 and then we're picking up my buddy from work just after 10"
Her "Oh what time is the game?"
Me "3:30 but it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get there and I'm not sure what traffic will look like"
Her "oh I thought we could go out to breakfast with them but you're leaving so early"
Me *silent for 5-10 seconds not blinking or breaking eye contact
Her "well I guess I can just go without you"
Me "yup"

Ah the silent card. Well played. Blurting out something in that situation can only lead to disaster.

No fault to assess to me, my friend. My wife knows better than to schedule some tea sandwich eating bullshit during game time. My anniversary has never interfered with 'Cuse football.
Here are just a few recent potential conflicts:

Sept 2, 2006: Syracuse at Wake Forest
Sept 2, 2002: Buffalo at Syracuse
Sept 2, 1999: Syracuse at Toledo

Those were all evening games, BTW.

There will be future games on September 2nd.

Get married according to Marsh's schedule and you'd be assured not to have a conflict. :)

Here are just a few recent potential conflicts:

Sept 2, 2006: Syracuse at Wake Forest
Sept 2, 2002: Buffalo at Syracuse
Sept 2, 1999: Syracuse at Toledo

Those were all evening games, BTW.

There will be future games on September 2nd.

Get married according to Marsh's schedule and you'd be assured not to have a conflict. :)

The wife bought me 2 tickets for the Wake Forest game in 2006.

Okay let's play lets pretend.

It's October 17, 1987. Syracuse is playing Penn State. You planned to buy tickets, or if no luck you were looking forward to watching the game on TV...BUT...your wife informs you that she has basically unilaterally made plans for you that day. You cave and your ranking as a Syracuse football fan drops quicker than the snow in Oswego in January.

You miss this...you regret it for the rest of your life.

Who knows what potentially historical SU football event will happen this Saturday?

Syracuse (6-0) Routs Penn State by 48-21
By GORDON S. WHITE Jr., Special to the New York Times
Published: October 18
Don McPherson, the Syracuse quarterback, threw an 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage against Penn State today. And that was just the beginning of a surprisingly easy upset over the 1986 national champion Nittany Lions

OK. on the day of that game we lived in Toronto. I had my cousins wedding in Albany on Sunday. Made sure we arrived at my parent's home in Gloversville in plenty of time to see the game. As I drove down 81 from Canada I really wanted to pull over in Syracuse and go to the game, lol. Made the 8 hour drive with a baby and 3 year old in tow in time for the game. Bathroom break..hell noo. Hold it in, lol. I really remember watching that game. It was one of my favorite moments of SU game watching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom