so now it's Bourama's knee again. ugh. | Syracusefan.com

so now it's Bourama's knee again. ugh.

pearl31

in cahoots
PS article

Boeheim:
"His knee is just not right," Boeheim said. "He says he can play. But I'd rather use him if it was more of an emergency. He hasn't looked like he can do much in practice. He says he can play, but it doesn't look like it, watching him."

PS article

Boeheim:
"His knee is just not right," Boeheim said. "He says he can play. But I'd rather use him if it was more of an emergency. He hasn't looked like he can do much in practice. He says he can play, but it doesn't look like it, watching him."
Things started to get a little bit uncomfortable when both Moyer & Battle got dinged up with Marek coming off of a hard fall in a game 2 days ago...

I think with the knee it's very bad case of tendinitis. And the ankle sprain might be of the high ankle variety. Not sure why he's practicing at all. Shut him down. See if that will work.

I really hope we have the right diagnosis on his ankle. JB did say "knee" tonight but who knows if that's what he literally meant (he could've said "knee" and meant "leg"). I imagine we have given both the knee and ankle MRI's but this is starting to sound odd to me. Then again, tendinitis can last for a long time.

It's really unfortunate because a healthy Bourama would've been continuing the upward trajectory from the early games. We really need him too.

This team is really banged up...a team of 8 scholarship players.

I wonder if this injury might make JB think of scouring the bottom of the sea for a big for next year. Not that this will linger into next year, just mean that JB might realize we need more depth behind BS and PC, even if it's a project. But it feels like we are done with '18 class.

I wonder if this injury might make JB think of scouring the bottom of the sea for a big for next year. Not that this will linger into next year, just mean that JB might realize we need more depth behind BS and PC, even if it's a project. But it feels like we are done with '18 class.

Would be cool to see them go to the European well again. Dolezaj can help identify them and recruit them.

Uggh.. I really hope we can just let him heal it for a few weeks. It is impressive we are 10-1 given that the element Bourama brings was so valuable before he got hurt. He adds another dimension on both ends when healthy.

No clue why we haven't shut him down. If he doesn't get healthy, it'll sink us in the ACC. No hyperbole.

His knee will never be completely healed. It is Chronic.

Uggh.. I really hope we can just let him heal it for a few weeks. It is impressive we are 10-1 given that the element Bourama brings was so valuable before he got hurt. He adds another dimension on both ends when healthy.

I’ve been a Cuse fan for nearly 40 years .. this is not how we operate .. if you can walk , you dress

Well he didn't play vs. Colgate, played 10 min vs. GTown and didn't play vs. Buffalo.

If he doesn't play vs. St. Bonaventure that means he's played 10 minutes of gametime from 12/5 - 12/27 and 0 minutes from 12/17 - 12/27 (assuming he plays vs. EMU)

I'd say if we get to the EMU day and he's not feeling better, we're in trouble. Once we get into ACC play we're gonna start having 2 games a week - and except for 10 minutes vs. GTown he would have had 22 days with no minutes - if he's not better by then...

Things started to get a little bit uncomfortable when both Moyer & Battle got dinged up with Marek coming off of a hard fall in a game 2 days ago...
Seriously, pretty soon JB's going to be forced to put this kid in the game.

ollie-hoosiers-free-throw-2.jpg

I’ve been a Cuse fan for nearly 40 years .. this is not how we operate .. if you can walk , you dress
JB's version of Junction Boys.

I think with the knee it's very bad case of tendinitis. And the ankle sprain might be of the high ankle variety. Not sure why he's practicing at all. Shut him down. See if that will work.

I really hope we have the right diagnosis on his ankle. JB did say "knee" tonight but who knows if that's what he literally meant (he could've said "knee" and meant "leg"). I imagine we have given both the knee and ankle MRI's but this is starting to sound odd to me. Then again, tendinitis can last for a long time.

It's really unfortunate because a healthy Bourama would've been continuing the upward trajectory from the early games. We really need him too.

This team is really banged up...a team of 8 scholarship players.

We definitely need 3 bigs every year. Taurean was supposed to be the other one. Disappointing we didn't get a plan B fill in but that's how JB rolls.

do you have access to his medical records ? mRis? arthrograms? Physical exam results ? Bone scans ? Family history ? Prescriptions ?
Not needed. In most cases his condition is chronic.

No minutes against Buffalo. JB in his presser said that he is not ready just yet, even though Sidibe feels he is. How important is this guy going to be as we move forward?

Very.

Exactly. We have no legitimate backup center without Sidibe except Marek just trying to do what he can playing out of position.

No minutes against Buffalo. JB in his presser said that he is not ready just yet, even though Sidibe feels he is. How important is this guy going to be as we move forward?

He was really good in the early games and was really showing signs of being a huge help. Have to try to get him close to healthy. The other problem is if/when he gets healthy, he needs to get back up to speed. He looked completely out of sorts against Georgetown. He's not normally a spaz; in that game he was.

This could be a dagger. ACC teams will attack Chewy knowing that we have no back-up. ACC teams will know our vulnerabilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom