So raise your hand if.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So raise your hand if..

Depends on the mod. I don’t ban people etc. I’m not quite sure what Dash is getting defensive about. He bumps my post with a snarky remark - fine. He follows it up calling the post stupid - fine.

Then when I kinda push back and defend the original post, he tells me to grow up.

The defense rests.
SMH Still at it. Just to be clear, I thought the first post was ridiculous because it was at the half. The second post was not at your first post but at some of the posts after that. Like saying that the game has passed jb by. You have made this a big deal. Not me. And the defense should have rested long before this.

Last edited:
He's got some talent on that team. They lost a heartbreaker to loyola last year.
Should they be better than us, given where they were before he arrived?

Should they be better than us, given where they were before he arrived?

I don't know. He's always been a pretty good recruiter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they make a serious run this year. They play tomorrow against Gonzaga at a neutral site. Should be a very good game.

Maybe not to those extremes, but I think when you’re jump shot heavy you’re going to get those bad stretches and hot stretches. Not really sure we can do much about it, other than try to get some transition baskets. We’re not going to have a post scorer, and unless Carey and Brissett really improve at getting to the basket and finishing, we’re going to largely rely on jumpers falling.

Carey needs to play as much as possible. We plod and we suffer. Until Frank is better or even totally healthy play Carey as much as possible.

Even in the 2H especially mid-2H when we reverted back to the stagnant offense we simply passed around and launched VS their zone...which was absolutely terrible. Their D as a whole was bad. Our offense makes bad D’s look good. Just a lot of launches and forced 3’s and jumpers in teh 2H. Some of them went in but it’s russian roulette playing this way. Nice to see Chukwu get a few points inside. We’ll take it but my goodness. I dd pick Georgetown to cover so not all that surprised.

Still think if this team had a good offensive big they'd be great. What I'd give for a Rick Jackson at the 5 right now...

Not that Chukwu is good or even average offensively, but the offense would have looked a lot better yesterday if players were willing to pass to him when he's wide open. This offensive system is fine if you have the right personnel for it (quickness, breakdown ability, comfort in the pick and roll, and shooting around those other three things), but that's not really what we have this year unfortunately. What seemingly makes matters worse is that the guys doing all the creating just don't have good vision at all. We had guys wide open for layups and dunks almost every possession and I think Elijah Hughes threw the pass once and that was it.

Last edited:
I don't know. He's always been a pretty good recruiter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they make a serious run this year. They play tomorrow against Gonzaga at a neutral site. Should be a very good game.
Sure. My point is, if a coach that most think is inferior to JB has them this good in a relatively short time without pulling in any remarkable recruiting classes (consistently worse than ours) since he's been there, why are they a top 10 team and we are not a top 25 team. Why are we underachieving? We shouldn't be.

Sure. My point is, if a coach that most think is inferior to JB has them this good in a relatively short time without pulling in any remarkable recruiting classes (consistently worse than ours) since he's been there, why are they a top 10 team and we are not a top 25 team. Why are we underachieving? We shouldn't be.

Sanctions. Apparently we have been devastated by the sanctions.

Might have something to do with our three PG being hurt and unable to practice or play for months?

Hot Take - this team will be fire come March.

He's got some talent on that team. They lost a heartbreaker to loyola last year.

Admiral Schofield is a big time SF/SG type. Physical. Same with Grant Williams. Nice combo of forwards who are physical. Good guards. Kyle Alexander is a C/PF who can score inside as well as step out occasionally. He’s averaging 10/7. Ontario kid, actually.

1. accurately describing objective reality is not necessarily excuse making
2. 7-2, ranked 18 in pomeroy is an interesting definition of "awful."

There is nobody that likes stats more than I do, we were the definition of awful the first half of last game and have lost two other games against teams we should/could beat. It was impressive when we beat OS, but outside of that we've been awful and look awful. Georgetown is trash and it shouldn't take a Kobe like second half by Battle to beat them on a last second shot.

You really think we're the 18th best team in the country?

There is a new excuse and new issue every year why we're awful during the regular season. It's getting old.
Getting old? That implies there’s still some meat left on the bone.

Still think if this team had a good offensive big they'd be great. What I'd give for a Rick Jackson at the 5 right now...

Or Arinze doing disco step layups and dunks...

There was a big guy that really improved every year...

1. accurately describing objective reality is not necessarily excuse making
2. 7-2, ranked 18 in pomeroy is an interesting definition of "awful."
Probably not, but spending the better part of the last 4+ years unranked isn't all that good. Going back to 2014-15, not including preseason rankings, we have spent a total of 6 weeks in the AP top 25 and all of those have been in November.

There is nobody that likes stats more than I d

then why are you at war with them? su's offensive rating in the four games before frank returned was 1.06 points per possession, it has been 1.15 since then. we have had one bad half out of ten, and even there, the looks were good the shots just didn't fall.

and have lost two other games against teams we should/could beat.

that was not the team that is taking the court now & going forward, and if you can't admit it then you are deceiving yourself but no one else

You really think we're the 18th best team in the country?

i think that is fair for now but i think they are better than that - much better - as they round into shape. the absolute fact of the matter is that syracuse is 6 weeks behind everyone else in preparation but that should equalize by the start of conference play

Georgetown is trash
that, too, remains to be seen

Probably not, but spending the better part of the last 4+ years unranked isn't all that good. Going back to 2014-15, not including preseason rankings, we have spent a total of 6 weeks in the AP top 25 and all of those have been in November.
and what correlates perfectly with those 4 years?

There is a new excuse and new issue every year why we're awful during the regular season. It's getting old.
Nah this was an excuse for Roberson, too. Once he got healthy, he was a beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom