So say Edwards gets hurt again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So say Edwards gets hurt again

We did beat them this year.
I’m not saying JB can’t coach. I sort of think it’s unbelievable we even get as many wins as we do, with inferior talent.

Wstate come here and you have a chance to start. Game over.

Somehow Kansas had:
Agbaji, McCormick, Wilson, Braun, Harris coming back.

Yet got 4 3-4 star recruits and got Remy Martin to transfer on their team, got some other backups to transfer to them

This idea that people wont come to backup is specific to mediocre programs and teams, basically.

I like that we don't have a viable option behind Jesse and a proven forward to pair with Benny. We've got young players who can only learn and grow by being thrown into the fire. I would rather our young team play, gain confidence and not look over their shoulder. If they lose a ton of games, I'll keep watching, knowing it will prepare our guys for the following year on our team rather than transfer.

Somehow Kansas had:

Yet got 4 3-4 star recruits and got Remy Martin to transfer on their team, got some other backups to transfer to them

This idea that people wont come to backup is specific to mediocre programs and teams, basically.
We don't know if we can land quality transfers because we don't even try. It's disgraceful. Look up stale in the dictionary. Let me know what you see.

We don't know if we can land quality transfers because we don't even try. It's disgraceful. Look up stale in the dictionary. Let me know what you see.
We also dont play the bench and have a rep, history of that.

I like that we don't have a viable option behind Jesse and a proven forward to pair with Benny. We've got young players who can only learn and grow by being thrown into the fire. I would rather our young team play, gain confidence and not look over their shoulder. If they lose a ton of games, I'll keep watching, knowing it will prepare our guys for the following year on our team rather than transfer.
I'm sorry, who cares if kids transfer because they are sitting behind guys that are better than them? It isn't worth a losing team to get guys experience. We were never that kind of program. And we shouldn't be now. This staff should be hitting the road trying to get us in with a quality portal forward. We aren't but we should be. We have a question mark with Benny and a complete unknown at the other forward.

I'm sorry, who cares if kids transfer because they are sitting behind guys that are better than them? It isn't worth a losing team to get guys experience. We were never that kind of program. And we shouldn't be now. This staff should be hitting the road trying to get us in with a quality portal forward. We aren't but we should be. We have a question mark with Benny and a complete unknown at the other forward.
I wouldn't actually be worried about this if the coaching philosophy was different.

We've got a pile of unknowns, and a coach that rides his horses. Who knows who the horses should even be?

I don't think the "sub a few dudes at the 12 minute mark of the first half and play your starters the entire 2nd half unless there's foul trouble or injury" type of approach matches up well with these young guys.

Although I am going to find it pretty funny when, as Alsacs puts it so well, JB decides to make one of the freshmen a made man at forward and plays them 35 minutes a game.

Serious question: what is the staff doing right now? Just waiting until August or whenever practices start and hoping for the best? This board seems to be pretty knowledgeable and I don’t hear anyone saying we are doing anything. No recruiting activity, no transfer activity, no summer overseas tour this year, no media appearances, no community events I’ve heard about. Golf and fishing?

Have you modified your opinion? I might be wrong but I thought you were one of the posters who didn’t really want to recruit over kids we just recruited before they got a chance. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

I’m sure the staff knows what they’re doing, but we have to be the only team in college basketball that doesn’t have any starting forwards returning and not trying to get someone in the portal.

I’m sure the staff knows what they’re doing, but we have to be the only team in college basketball that doesn’t have any starting forwards returning and not trying to get someone in the portal.

I’m not trying to be inflammatory, but why are we sure this staff knows what they’re doing regarding this new world order of recruiting?

I agree with you that a quality forward from the portal is needed (though some think another backup center is what we need). But, I'd be surprised if we get one. An Andrew White, Gbinije, Wes Johnson type would cement this team... but we will see if that type of player is out there and is interested in us.

I agree with you that a quality forward from the portal is needed (though some think another backup center is what we need). But, I'd be surprised if we get one. An Andrew White, Gbinije, Wes Johnson type would cement this team... but we will see if that type of player is out there and is interested in us.
“we will see” has to be changed to now!

Somehow Kansas had:

We can’t use Kansas as any mold, as they are pending sanctions and are possibly the biggest cheaters in the game right now. But as we’ve said, we have a starting position available. At the 3/4, whatever Benny is not playing.

This isn’t a down year due to guys leaving after we made a final four. This following year garbage has to end. We’re becoming BC. Things have to be done now.

No. We aren't even looking for a forward. We do want a portal back up center. Good luck finding that.

Have you modified your opinion? I might be wrong but I thought you were one of the posters who didn’t really want to recruit over kids we just recruited before they got a chance. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.
Well, I don't want to recruit a young forward. But I do want a older kid. I know begger's can't be choosers. I said I wouldn't recruit a John Canden type, who I like a lot , because that wouldn't be fair to our committed young guys. But an older kid, with a year to go?? Sign me up.

No. We aren't even looking for a forward. We do want a portal back up center. Good luck finding that.
Hearing any names at all? Other than our hopes for Akok…

To respond to the OP statement with a Jeopardy style question:

“Alex, what is ‘we are completely and totally FFF’d’”?

We’re going to desperately need Jesse for 25-30+ mins a game, each and every game, to even have a chance of winning.

IF he gets hurt, then it’s GMac quote time -
We won’t win ten €u<£&@ games without him.

Well, I don't want to recruit a young forward. But I do want a older kid. I know begger's can't be choosers. I said I wouldn't recruit a John Canden type, who I like a lot , because that wouldn't be fair to our committed young guys. But an older kid, with a year to go?? Sign me up.

Gotcha. That’s what I said also and I thought you agreed. I’ll go take a nap now.

1. Let’s not put this type of negative hypothetical out there. Positive vibes only
2. Without any inside info I’d be surprised if we didn’t try to bring in someone as a backup 5. Cards are stacked against us because I get the sense we felt very confident in Ballard and didn’t reach out to anyone else. I do wonder at this point if we try and re-recruit Frank. The pitch hasn’t really changed but much more desperate without QB committed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom