So the scream at our bench... | Syracusefan.com

So the scream at our bench...

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I preface this by admitting it's easy to be an old school tough guy on the internet...but whoever it was aimed at ...the response from our team seemed weak. IF it was at JB, Junior and JG3 can't just sit there. Either nobody with/on the team heard, or we all have super self discipline in a competitive environment, or we need to find a Louis McCroskey twin pronto. That just seemed like weak sauce from afar.

Yeah, we don't have someone that can send a message. Of course it's harder to give attitude back when you're getting your butt handed to you. I didn't have a problem with Smith doing it either. If it had been one of our swagger guys from years past and we were winning, we'd be talking about it with a smirk.

I can only imagine if this had happened against the 2009 team. I remember the game before the 6 OT game when our whole team was ready to brawl with Seton Hall. Devo and Jonny were always barking at opposing players at the top of the zone and we had AO and Rick as the intimidators. Paul was a brick wall and even Andy had an edge to him.

The contrast of everything in that game yesterday. Jabari is the kind of kid we always used to get…not anymore.
Yeah, and watching that kid reverse dunk off the alley oop reminded me of watching Stevie float to the rim on the fast break. I can't stand Bruce Pearl but I'l have to try to catch some of their games this year.

Yeah, and watching that kid reverse dunk off the alley oop reminded me of watching Stevie float to the rim on the fast break. I can't stand Bruce Pearl but I'l have to try to catch some of their games this year.
That’s the UNC transfer…

I like that Auburn team. Them, Arizona and Duke have impressed me most so far.

That’s the UNC transfer…

I like that Auburn team. Them, Arizona and Duke have impressed me most so far.
Not the 7 footer. There was a smaller guy that either played guard or small forward that did it too. I think Kessler did it in the first half. Another kid with hops did it in the second.

Edit: It's Devan Cambridge

Does anyone know what he said? I couldn’t tell off the replay. I thought he said “they can’t with me” but don’t know if that’s right.

Our response didn’t surprise me because our team is soft. Jimmy and Joe at the scorers table looked over at JB like the two kids in school looking for the teacher to put him in timeout.

Even Mike Waters reaction as a proxy Syracuse representative on Twitter was embarrassing when you consider how when we were good we had guys barking at the other team all the time.

Not the 7 footer. There was a smaller guy that either played guard or small forward that did it too. I think Kessler did it in the first half. Another kid with hops did it in the second.

Edit: It's Devan Cambridge

I had turned on Dechambeau and Cupcake at that point

Does anyone know what he said? I couldn’t tell off the replay. I thought he said “they can’t with me” but don’t know if that’s right.

Our response didn’t surprise me because our team is soft. Jimmy and Joe at the scorers table looked over at JB like the two kids in school looking for the teacher to put him in timeout.

Even Mike Waters reaction as a proxy Syracuse representative on Twitter was embarrassing when you consider how when we were good we had guys barking at the other team all the time.
Right, that's why I have no problem with it. Unless he goes to the bench to stand over JB and glare down at him, it's much ado about nothing. It's childs play compared to Devo.

I had turned on Dechambeau and Cupcake at that point
I was watching Auburn, pretending I was watching our '88-89 team play against this team.

I heard it was something to the effect of “get someone who can guard me”

The contrast of everything in that game yesterday. Jabari is the kind of kid we always used to get…not anymore.

When did we ever get top 10 guys on the regular? Seems like Donte Greene was the last in 2007. Melo in 2002. How many others and how far back? This smacks of "the older I get, the better I was".

Eric Devendorf 2009 Big East tournament.

East+Tournament+Second+Round+hnhBlJDAjeux.jpg

He got a T for taunting a Seton Hall player after making a shot and leaving his follow thru in his face.

It was what he did.

T wouldn't want a player on the Syracuse team taunting an opposing teams coach. Very Bruce Pearlesque.

When did we ever get top 10 guys on the regular? Seems like Donte Greene was the last in 2007. Melo in 2002. How many others and how far back? This smacks of "the older I get, the better I was".
We got Pearl, Coleman, and Owens close together and that was when the talent was more spread out because elite guys stayed 3-4 years. Wallace came shortly after Owens left. Even though academics kept him off campus we landed Winfred Walton who was top 10. Flynn and Green were in the same class. Not all of those guys were top 10, but I believe they were all MAA and considered elite. MCW was a MAA. Dion Waiters wasn't but was clearly elite and they both came on the heels of one another and on Flynn and Greene. Paul Harris may have been overrated but was very highly thought of when we landed him.

We have had brief lulls in talent before, but this is a drought.

We got Pearl, Coleman, and Owens close together and that was when the talent was more spread out because elite guys stayed 3-4 years. Wallace came shortly after Owens left. Even though academics kept him off campus we landed Winfred Wallace who was top 10. Flynn and Green were in the same class. Not all of those guys were top 10, but I believe they were all MAA and considered elite. MCW was a MAA. Dion Waiters wasn't but was clearly elite and they both came on the heels of one another and on Flynn and Greene. Paul Harris may have been overrated but was very highly thought of when we landed him.

We have had brief lulls in talent before, but this is a drought.
Winifred Wallace ? Lolll