So the scream at our bench... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So the scream at our bench...

We got Pearl, Coleman, and Owens close together and that was when the talent was more spread out because elite guys stayed 3-4 years. Wallace came shortly after Owens left. Even though academics kept him off campus we landed Winfred Wallace who was top 10. Flynn and Green were in the same class. Not all of those guys were top 10, but I believe they were all MAA and considered elite. MCW was a MAA. Dion Waiters wasn't but was clearly elite and they both came on the heels of one another and on Flynn and Greene. Paul Harris may have been overrated but was very highly thought of when we landed him.

We have had brief lulls in talent before, but this is a drought.
David Johnson. Richard manning .. also big time recruiters from far… far away

Does anyone know what he said? I couldn’t tell off the replay. I thought he said “they can’t with me” but don’t know if that’s right.

Our response didn’t surprise me because our team is soft. Jimmy and Joe at the scorers table looked over at JB like the two kids in school looking for the teacher to put him in timeout.

Even Mike Waters reaction as a proxy Syracuse representative on Twitter was embarrassing when you consider how when we were good we had guys barking at the other team all the time.
Mike Waters is anything but a proxy Syracuse representative.

Eric Devendorf 2009 Big East tournament.

East+Tournament+Second+Round+hnhBlJDAjeux.jpg

He got a T for taunting a Seton Hall player after making a shot and leaving his follow thru in his face.

It was what he did.
Hmm…I don’t remember him getting a T for that.

I remember AO getting into it with their big guy and clapping in his face.

I remember SH hammering Ongenaut as he went to the basket, and that sparked a lot of pushing and talking, with Devendorf in the thick of it.

Then we went on a huge run, capped by Devendorf hitting that 3 from the corner and really celebrating it.

Mike Waters is anything but a proxy Syracuse representative.

Was speaking strictly to his tweet about Smith. He’s probably the programs most recognized beat writer and he sounded like a fan on the verge of tears. And his tweet of course was then rightfully laughed at by plenty.

Our response was soft. Kid’s reaction was weird.

Our guys in the past didn’t bark at other coaches. They talked to other players.

We should’ve put Ajak in to hammer him. He’s the only guy we got that’s like that.

Our response was soft. Kid’s reaction was weird.

Our guys in the past didn’t bark at other coaches. They talked to other players.

We should’ve put Ajak in to hammer him. He’s the only guy we got that’s like that.

All day. Ajak don't let that go!

How does Jimmy have more minutes at the 5 than Ajak has at the 4! Boooooo!

#freejba

j/k

When did we ever get top 10 guys on the regular? Seems like Donte Greene was the last in 2007. Melo in 2002. How many others and how far back? This smacks of "the older I get, the better I was".
Top 10 is pretty literal here but we used to have lots of guys that could play like Jabari. Hammer was probably our most recent examplr

Ya. Let’s still not talk about it. Who cares? JB called out one of his guys. Smith stood up for him. I’d kill for someone that had that much fire in him. JB isn’t special. He opened himself up to this with his comments.
What did JB say?

Philly kids always gave our team an edge. JBA’s about it. The rest of our team’s baby powder soft imo

Was speaking strictly to his tweet about Smith. He’s probably the programs most recognized beat writer and he sounded like a fan on the verge of tears. And his tweet of course was then rightfully laughed at by plenty.
Well, Mike isn't a fan of the Orange. So that part is ridiculous. Maybe he thinks it is over the line for a kid to yell at the opposing coach.

Well, Mike isn't a fan of the Orange. So that part is ridiculous. Maybe he thinks it is over the line for a kid to yell at the opposing coach.

Maybe the kid thinks it's over the line for a coach to criticize players at other programs. I have no issue with it, love it when teammates stand up for each other.

There was an incident in the soccer final four a few days ago, a Duke player was taunting UCLA's keeper after a goal. A central defender came back and laid him out. I wouldn't punish him at all for that red card, I'd want kids like that on my team. The Duke kid rolled around like he got shot by a high-powered rifle. It was beautiful.

Maybe the kid thinks it's over the line for a coach to criticize players at other programs. I have no issue with it, love it when teammates stand up for each other.

There was an incident in the soccer final four a few days ago, a Duke player was taunting UCLA's keeper after a goal. A central defender came back and laid him out. I wouldn't punish him at all for that red card, I'd want kids like that on my team. The Duke kid rolled around like he got shot by a high-powered rifle. It was beautiful.
I would. To force your team to play a man down is unfair to every other teammate. Sticks and stones. I want kids on my team that play with discipline.

It deserved the technical it got but it’s hard to care beyond that.

Joe gets under people’s skin when we’re winning and Buddy runs his mouth a bit when he’s on. And if 18 year old me was running up a team that starts two of the head coaches sons there is no doubt I would be talking.

It got the technical it deserved and at least JB didn’t Coach K it and lecture the kid after the game. Trash talking is fun.

It deserved the technical it got but it’s hard to care beyond that.

Joe gets under people’s skin when we’re winning and Buddy runs his mouth a bit when he’s on. And if 18 year old me was running up a team that starts two of the head coaches sons there is no doubt I would be talking.

It got the technical it deserved and at least JB didn’t Coach K it and lecture the kid after the game. Trash talking is fun.
trash talking player to player is fine. You don't talk to the other coach. Unless he talks to you.