So the scream at our bench... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So the scream at our bench...

What is Smith even talking about? He alluded to some slight that sounds entirely made up in his mind. The only thing soft is these kids’ fragile egos. I love a fiery kid like Devo, but when you’re winning by 20, why are you screaming at the opposing coach when he never said one thing about you.

I remember a story about The Pearl (our Pearl not the guy on the Auburn bench) when he was in high school. Not screaming at the opposing coach or even really talking trash, but sort of funny.

He had scored a bunch of points in a short period and as he was running back past the opposing bench he said "yo coach...don't you think you should call a timeout?"

So the post standard.com used to be anti JB and now it’s prob JB….hmmm. About right for this place.

The sad part is we have five guys coming in next year that are not physical at all.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said, in how many different threads.

Last year Boeheim criticized former UNC player and current Auburn player Walker Kessler. He was talking about his buddy Roy retiring and decided it was appropriate to let every know he that he thought Kessler was soft (my interpretation, not exact words) for transferring. Smith and his teammates apparently didn't take too kindly to JB's unsolicited opinions about their teammates character.

Fair play if you ask me.

We should’ve put Ajak in to hammer him. He’s the only guy we got that’s like that.

Philly kids always gave our team an edge. JBA’s about it. The rest of our team’s baby powder soft imo

What's the basis for Ajak being our hard man/enforcer? He always struck me as a good-natured, lovable, goofball.

What's the basis for Ajak being our hard man/enforcer? He always struck me as a good-natured, lovable, goofball.

He played like 11 seconds in the BC game last year after sitting for most the year and he immediately tried to fight BC.

I think it may have been after a rebound for a missed free throw? I don't recall what started it up.

What is Smith even talking about? He alluded to some slight that sounds entirely made up in his mind. The only thing soft is these kids’ fragile egos. I love a fiery kid like Devo, but when you’re winning by 20, why are you screaming at the opposing coach when he never said one thing about you.

Here is JBs exact words after Williams announced his retirement and made it known the whole portal thing was bad for basketball. It was obvious that Kessler leaving was the straw that broke the camels back for Roy.

“Why Walker Kessler would leave there is beyond me,” Boeheim said. “He’s going to get the ball 25 times a game there. It’s just wounded pride. That’s crazy.

So the post standard.com used to be anti JB and now it’s prob JB….hmmm. About right for this place.

Not sure if this is a passive aggressive comment about my post piggybacking off Dasher’s issue but, again, I was referring specifically to Mike Waters tweet and how it came off weak.

I don’t read anything from him or their site or particularly care if they’re “anti” or “pro” JB.

Not sure if this is a passive aggressive comment about my post piggybacking off Dasher’s issue but, again, I was referring specifically to Mike Waters tweet and how it came off weak.

I don’t read anything from him or their site or particularly care if they’re “anti” or “pro” JB.
I said it because it was the topic of discussion and there’s been posts saying the exact opposite before. Mike isn’t a homer and if he was it would be for UNC because that’s where he graduated from.

Mike's tweet was 100% on target. It was a classless move. 2. Pearl should take a player out that yells at the other coach. 3. Auburn fans didn't like what Mike said. That's too bad. I hope Alabama roasts them today. They also thought it was a-ok to go for a tie in a bowl game.

Last edited:
Hmm…I don’t remember him getting a T for that.

I remember AO getting into it with their big guy and clapping in his face.

I remember SH hammering Ongenaut as he went to the basket, and that sparked a lot of pushing and talking, with Devendorf in the thick of it.

Then we went on a huge run, capped by Devendorf hitting that 3 from the corner and really celebrating it.
Watch the first half minute.

Here is JBs exact words after Williams announced his retirement and made it known the whole portal thing was bad for basketball. It was obvious that Kessler leaving was the straw that broke the camels back for Roy.

“Why Walker Kessler would leave there is beyond me,” Boeheim said. “He’s going to get the ball 25 times a game there. It’s just wounded pride. That’s crazy.
Sounds pretty benign to me. Then again JB got lots of heat including from Bilas for saying Duke played better without a kid who quit their team. Anything NC seems to have pretty thin skin.

He got in a few players faces last year. He doesn’t back down. He’s a jokester but gritty

Lol. This thread.

JB, a millionaire untouchable college coach, talking trash (and that’s what it was) about a teenager transferring out of his own free will and then people here getting the vapors bc someone gave it back to him.

He’ll be fine.

trash talking a player isn't the same thing as trash talking an opposing coach
It's fine, they're adults. Too me, that was the best thing about playing in college. Some coach acted like a , you got to tell him what's up.

It's fine, they're adults. Too me, that was the best thing about playing in college. Some coach acted like a , you got to tell him what's up.
At what level and what coach allowed you to talk smack to another coach? I'm legit interested. The level doesn't really matter but I am curious.