so this is the same team as last year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

so this is the same team as last year

He said he wanted to run more and shoot more. Didn't see of the former last night. There never was never a sense of urgency to push the ball before UVA set up their defense. They looked like a young team that hasn't played together especially with everyone standing on top of one another. There wasn't any spacing and there was too much 1 on 1 via Elijah. It's only the first game, but I didn't get any confidence out of what I saw.

Isn’t that coaching?

No. He specifically called out screening in the post game. They simply didn't execute as if they forgot how to play basketball.

40 minutes for Marek is just not a good sign.

Sidibe was awful in the time he played. If this season turns out to be a wash, and I think it will be as my expectations are very low this year, give his time to Edwards/JBA to develop them.

No movement on O. Our assist leaders had two assists. We had 7 assists total and 9 turnovers.

We shot 24% on FGs, 17% on threes and 43% at the line. Awesome.
Bingo...no offensive plays... dribble to a point...look for someone to pass the ball or take a uncomfortable shot at the basket... through in no aggressive rebounding.
A very dissapointing game. I hope this is not we will see for the rest of the season. Sad...sad!

Would prefer Edwards over Sidibe and Guerrier over Marek. But for god sakes Quincy get off the mother loving arc

So, as ineffective as Sidibe was, why didn't Edward's get more PT? He looked more capable than either Mo or Marek. He came in, scored a bucket, blocked a shot and got a rebound within 2 minutes.
I won't argue but will say that with such a limited time to see Edwards it is hard for me to agree...yet. He definitely provided a spark and you cannot teach his length but he is also raw and will likely have the usual rookie mistakes too.

Would prefer Edwards over Sidibe and Guerrier over Marek. But for god sakes Quincy get off the mother loving arc
Quincy had leaning ill-advised fall-down shot inside reminiscent of Brissett. Maybe it is a Canadian thing?

Quincy had leaning ill-advised fall-down shot inside reminiscent of Brissett. Maybe it is a Canadian thing?
At least he draws a defender away from the perimeter when he does that.

Can't go by that. Our best offensive centers over the years have been denied the ball. The ball was passed to him once in the lane and he finished.

We also lead the game at 2-0, so there's that too. ;)

I won't argue but will say that with such a limited time to see Edwards it is hard for me to agree...yet. He definitely provided a spark and you cannot teach his length but he is also raw and will likely have the usual rookie mistakes too.
I get that, but I wonder what the thinking was to not give him a shot earlier in the game. What would it have hurt to give him a couple of minutes in the first half? We weren't getting much of anything from the 5 spot anyway.

It's the same team the last several years.

When you can't recruit elite players anymore the offense of "go make a play" isn't going to work.

100% We haven't had a good recruiting class in years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom