So wait... she might be a real person? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So wait... she might be a real person?

Sounds like Teo's legacy could go in polar opposite directions:

He's either a vilified fraud a la Madoff and Armstrong. Or he could break the (implicit) gay barrier in major sports and become a modern day Rosa Parks.

He's either a vilified fraud a la Madoff and Armstrong. Or he could break the (implicit) gay barrier in major sports and become a modern day Rosa Parks.
Or both could be his legacy...

Yup. Either way dude has to come clean. He's prolonging the damage. Why kill the made up GF though? Couldn't they just break up and he be heartbroken , not wanna date, etc?

I mean we all slept with a made up girl at overnight camp in Niagra Falls. Rarely did she die.

I also think "she" had to die so that he could justify never dating a woman again... Just too busted up over the tragedy...and of course, it made him sympathetic.
Bump for The General

Dewey Cheatem and Howe
y7uqyba5.jpg

Honestly, all kidding aside, if this turns out to be a case of a kid who was trying to stay in the closet and it spun out of control, as dumb as he was for keeping the lie, erm, "alive", I would feel a ton of pity for him. I'm getting the distinct feeling that may in fact be the case.

Honestly, all kidding aside, if this turns out to be a case of a kid who was trying to stay in the closet and it spun out of control, as dumb as he was for keeping the lie, erm, "alive", I would feel a ton of pity for him. I'm getting the distinct feeling that may in fact be the case.

Yeah, I have a hard time cracking jokes about this. I can envision him crying his eyes out on Oprah and becoming a truly sympathetic figure.

Yeah, if he's just gay I hope they don't pile on more BS and instead just come clean. Could turn this into something good. The storyline will be perfect.

But the real tragedy today is that Conrad Bain died. "When I die, I want you to upload a tribute video on YouTube with Biggie Smalls and the Isley Brothers mixed together. Word."

As did I... This evening.

Some of you have faulty memories as to who went there first.

Jeepers then Bees. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If this really was a hoax -- if Te'o wasn't in on it -- it HAS to go down as THE BEST prank in history, right? I mean, right there on the level with the Cardiff Giant.

or there is going to be an even bigger twist and we are going to find out manti te'o doesn't even exist

That would explain his performance against Alabama...

Can't believe how big this story has become. This is like watching a soap opera. Boring! Even before this story broke Manti TEO's draft prospects were dubious at best. So who really gives a rat's ass about Manti teo's personal life when this guy will likely be (at best) a short-term nfl player (similar to a brian bosworth).

Can't believe how big this story has become. This is like watching a soap opera. Boring! Even before this story broke Manti TEO's draft prospects were dubious at best. So who really gives a rat's ass about Manti teo's personal life when this guy will likely be (at best) a short-term nfl player (similar to a brian bosworth).

What do his NFL prospects have to do with it? One of the most famous athletes in college athletics is either the new face of gay athletes, a lying sociopath or the victim of the the greatest prank since Kaiser Soze convinced the world he was Verbal Kint. Doesn't hurt that he plays for Notre Dame and that we've been force fed his tale of emotional angst and consequent inspiration ad nauseam.

If people will tune in to see Ashton Kutcher put a fly in Coolio's soup, we will sure as hell be riveted by a hoax that duped major media outlets and millions of people. This fabricated story is part of the reason he is so famous in the first place.

ZqoGb.png

Damn, this is gonna get good

"most important stories in history"

Really? History? Are you an moron Mike Freeman. God, I hate the media almost as much as I hate Notre Dame.

"most important stories in history"

Really? History? Are you an moron Mike Freeman. God, I hate the media almost as much as I hate Notre Dame.

I think he clarified that he meant sports history. IF the kid is gay, then it kind of is one of the biggest stories in sports history. When has an active football player ever come out of the closet?

I think he clarified that he meant sports history. IF the kid is gay, then it kind of is one of the biggest stories in sports history. When has an active football player ever come out of the closet?

sorry, but who cares?