So wait... she might be a real person? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So wait... she might be a real person?

FYI Cowherd said he heard it at an informal lunch with an ESPN exec last Friday. Also, I havent heard them say one thing about the gay angle today. It's been all about catfishin'.

Still "if," of course, but I think most people will avoid going there for legal reasons. Certainly makes sense if you're Deadspin, breaking the story, to only point out the facts first. And I'll probably still believe that's the case even if their presser says otherwise.

Again, IF he is, worst case he can leave football and go make millions on the public speaking circuit.

Just curious, at what level did you play? I think it has a lot to do with where you are and at what level. For instance, I work at a D3 liberal arts school and about 6 or 7 years ago we had a DT who was our best player, and he was very openly gay, and the players couldn't have cared less. However, he started his career at Northwestern but was basically run out of there due to his sexuality and people being uncomfortable with him in the locker room.

I played Canadian University football just outside the GTA.

Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in the world and has a proud, strong gay community. As taboo as it is to be homophobic today, a lot of athletes around my age just don't get it.

pre internet dating . at least you could put your arms around brooke.
michael-jackson-brooke-shields.jpg