So wait... she might be a real person? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So wait... she might be a real person?

in the end this isn't a story about penetration but rather perpetration. if mante is indeed behind this tale i'm afraid he'll find it's not only going to be very long but extremely wide as well.

She is real:

noodling-376x250.png

"most important stories in history"

Really? History? Are you an moron Mike Freeman. God, I hate the media almost as much as I hate Notre Dame.
Why not? The star and popular player on Notre Dame, who leads his team to the top of the polls & championship game, who just happens to be a devout Mormon, who happens to play at THE Catholic educational institution in the country, just before the NFL draft, comes out as Gay...and its just a footnote? Ummm, no.
In SPORTS history, which is what Freeman likely meant, & to paraphrase the current VP- this would undoubtedly qualify as "A big Fukin' deal"! :confused:

People.

so, we've had players murdered, do the murdering, kill animals, rob, steal and cheat people, and him coming out of the closest is the biggest story in sports history? Give me a break.

While this story is certainly high on the weird -o-meter, this really is nothing more than ESPN making a mountain out of a molehill like they always do.

so, we've had players murdered, do the murdering, kill animals, rob, steal and cheat people, and him coming out of the closest is the biggest story in sports history? Give me a break.

He'd be the first.

again. listen. coming out ain't the story. the story is the story.

IMO, its a bigger story than those you allude to (i.e. Vick, OJ, Carruth,, etc...) It would be on par with Jackie Robinson, assuming he was accepted into the NFL society and prompted others to come forward.

IMO, its a bigger story than those you allude to (i.e. Vick, OJ, Carruth,, etc...) It would be on par with Jackie Robinson, assuming he was accepted into the NFL society and prompted others to come forward.

No way, Poppy. Robinson came in during an era of segregation, extreme prejudice and lynchings. Comparing gay struggles to that of blacks in the mid-19th century is ludicrous.

No way, Poppy. Robinson came in during an era of segregation, extreme prejudice and lynchings. Comparing gay struggles to that of blacks in the mid-19th century is ludicrous.

I agree their struggles are not really comparable. However, if a gay athlete was accepted and encouraged others to come out in one of the four major sports leagues, it would be comparable to Robinson in terms of a paradigm shift in sports.

I agree their struggles are not really comparable. However, if a gay athlete was accepted and encouraged others to come out in one of the four major sports leagues, it would be comparable to Robinson in terms of a paradigm shift in sports.

that makes the assumption that there is this cone of silence placed on gay athletes, which without would cause major disruptions in the sport world order; that being gay in sport means you don't have access to the same opportunity. Before Robinson, blacks didn't have that opportunity, and it was well known - owners actually came out stating they would never have a black on their roster. Has anyone said the same about gays? Has anyone even alluded to it? I think our country, for the most part, has been enlightened enough to understand that who you sleep with isn't that big of a deal - marriage rights notwithstanding.

I would be interested to hear what shift would occur in sports.

ESPN and cbs sports both have deep pockets and were made to look foolish. they're not gonna let this thing die quietly.

Didnt say that they did. They are the ones that triggered this explosion though.

Deadspin did. According to Cowherd today ESPN has been sitting on this story for over a week gathering further info. For once ESPN wasn't leading the way. And the story is on hip-hop radio, BBC, everyone is talking about it. ESPN didn't create that (this time).

FYI Cowherd said he heard it at an informal lunch with an ESPN exec last Friday. Also, I havent heard them say one thing about the gay angle today. It's been all about catfishin'.

that makes the assumption that there is this cone of silence placed on gay athletes, which without would cause major disruptions in the sport world order; that being gay in sport means you don't have access to the same opportunity. Before Robinson, blacks didn't have that opportunity, and it was well known - owners actually came out stating they would never have a black on their roster. Has anyone said the same about gays? Has anyone even alluded to it? I think our country, for the most part, has been enlightened enough to understand that who you sleep with isn't that big of a deal - marriage rights notwithstanding.

I would be interested to hear what shift would occur in sports.

Good post.

I believe that the locker rooms of most high level male sports teams are not a place that very many people would feel comfortable coming out in, especially at the collegiate level. I recently finished my collegiate participation on a football team and I can tell you, sadly, one of the guys coming out would definitely have caused a riff.

Perhaps paradigm shift was a bit hyperbolic.

I believe a Heisman finalist from Notre Dame blazing the trail would do a lot for future people facing similar situations.

I feel this thread is just a few posts away from the OT board.

Good post.

I believe that the locker rooms of most high level male sports teams are not a place that very many people would feel comfortable coming out in, especially at the collegiate level. I recently finished my collegiate participation on a football team and I can tell you, sadly, one of the guys coming out would definitely have caused a riff.

Perhaps paradigm shift was a bit hyperbolic.

I believe a Heisman finalist from Notre Dame blazing the trail would do a lot for future people facing similar situations.

I feel this thread is just a few posts away from the OT board.
Just curious, at what level did you play? I think it has a lot to do with where you are and at what level. For instance, I work at a D3 liberal arts school and about 6 or 7 years ago we had a DT who was our best player, and he was very openly gay, and the players couldn't have cared less. However, he started his career at Northwestern but was basically run out of there due to his sexuality and people being uncomfortable with him in the locker room.

Sounds like Teo's legacy could go in polar opposite directions:

He's either a vilified fraud a la Madoff and Armstrong. Or he could break the (implicit) gay barrier in major sports and become a modern day Rosa Parks.
Whoa...wait...are you saying Rosa Parks was gay? This story gets more interesting every minute.