So, what do you recruiting mavens think... | Syracusefan.com

So, what do you recruiting mavens think...

Crusty

Living Legend
will be the final result for this year's class? Assuming he keeps it up, will Hunt's success sway anybody?
Are we going to get any OLinemen?

will be the final result for this year's class? Assuming he keeps it up, will Hunt's success sway anybody?
Safe to say that we will get some OL, even if they are all JUCO's.

My opinion only, but I definitely think Hunt's success will be a boon to recruiting. Not that it is about him specifically, but his success gives us an exciting offense, will enable us to win games, hopefully get back to a bowl, etc.

That beats the alternative, where every week is a boring, grueling thing to watch in front of 20K fans, about 10K of which are largely disinterested and leave early. Recruits attending our games are going to be treated to a much more exciting brand of football, with lots of action and a lot more points being scored.

Hunt has infused a much needed shot of energy into the program. I'm guessing it pays dividends on the recruiting trail as we close out the class of 2014.

Of course we’re going to fill the class and of course we’re going to get some lineman. The real question is quality not quantity.

I don’t think Hunt’s personal success will sway anybody. I think the team’s success is what will say kids – win win win. And frankly, there’s a long way to go this season before we get a good read on Terrell.

IMHO, we’re going to get another 10 or so kids committed and we’ll get some good ones among those. I believe the rest of our class will be mostly solid 3 star BCS offered kids.

I also believe nobody really has a good handle on what our true prospects are and I fully expect some ‘holy shits’ when officials start getting set up.

We NEED to keep moving on an upward trajectory though or else opposing recruiters are going to hammer us.

Of course we’re going to fill the class and of course we’re going to get some lineman. The real question is quality not quantity.

I don’t think Hunt’s personal success will sway anybody. I think the team’s success is what will say kids – win win win. And frankly, there’s a long way to go this season before we get a good read on Terrell.

IMHO, we’re going to get another 10 or so kids committed and we’ll get some good ones among those. I believe the rest of our class will be mostly solid 3 star BCS offered kids.

I also believe nobody really has a good handle on what our true prospects are and I fully expect some ‘holy shits’ when officials start getting set up.

We NEED to keep moving on an upward trajectory though or else opposing recruiters are going to hammer us.

I'm still waiting for the first "holy shits" in the past decade.

I agree with the others that say the success of offense as a whole would be bigger impact than Hunt, although the 2 are not mutually exclusive considering success of offense happened when Hunt took over. One person specifically who could be swayed by Hunt's play though is Holley. With the 2 being close, Holley may see his success on the field and want to join him in orange.

There are more D1 prospects than there are scholarships available, so Syracuse will fill their allotment. Will they be the biggest, fastest players. Generally speaking, doesen't look likely this year. Not an exact science, but there is a high correlation between the rank of the recruiting classes by the various services, and the rank of the team in the polls. At the midpoint of this recruiting year, I say its been the same mediocre class forming as in the past several years. I am optimistic that McDonald's rep as a recruiter will help in the future

I expect at least one commit out of GA ...

Boyd and Hughes?

Possibly ... there are a couple others with offers that still have Cuse high as well ... although my gut feel is they are B listers but doing some digging.

Boyd and Hughes?

Boyd isn't an option. I think Hughes maybe be plan B or C behind Sykes. I don't see us pulling any GA kids this year.

One recruit that could be impacted by Hunt's emergence...Thomas Holley

Its hard to say if an individual's performance will influence anyone but I think its safe to say the team's performance can do that.When you consider the wealth of talent coming in next year at WR his prospects can only get better for us and the program in general.Even AJ and the other two QBs will benefit as back- ups.

Boyd isn't an option. I think Hughes maybe be plan B or C behind Sykes. I don't see us pulling any GA kids this year.

One recruit that could be impacted by Hunt's emergence...Thomas Holley

Don't be surprised if we sign one ...

I'm still waiting for the first "holy shits" in the past decade.

Really? just regarding official visits? Then you haven't paid attention over the past decade. We've gotten some big time officials over the past decade some of which came out of nowhere. Stan Drayton got a couple on campus. I suspect we'll get visits late from some nice prospects that nobody thinks is on the radar and that nobody has likely even mentioned on the board.

Landing them is a different story but actually winning will help the cause.

Don't be surprised if we sign one ...
Friendship is another matter al together. Unlike Ebo and Gus who talked about it but when it came down to action drove away.

Friendship is another matter al together. Unlike Ebo and Gus who talked about it but when it came down to action drove away.

That has no bearing on my post whatsoever ...

Really? just regarding official visits? Then you haven't paid attention over the past decade. We've gotten some big time officials over the past decade some of which came out of nowhere. Stan Drayton got a couple on campus. I suspect we'll get visits late from some nice prospects that nobody thinks is on the radar and that nobody has likely even mentioned on the board.

I'm more interested in who commits ten who visits. There haven't been any holy shits IMO in the past decade or so.

Who's Left for 2014? That We Know of... - Rivals Stars - Offers are Power 5 Offers Including SU - No Inside Information
Great Chance of Landing at SU
WR - Steve Ishmael - FL - 3* - 10 Offers
All we been hearing is that he's all SU, he loves McDonald and that he will commit here. Long always brings up his name when he talks about the recruiting class as if we have him already. The only thing that worries me is that he is so quiet about it and you rarely hear from him. But I would be shocked if he didn't come here with all the hype about it.
OL - Aaron Roberts - IL - 3* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. He has a top 3 0f Syracuse, Illinois and Oklahoma. No offer from Oklahoma. Honestly, I think he just likes the recruiting process and wants some more offers before he commits. He's tweeted stuff like Syracuse has the best coaching staff in the country and communicates with all the SU players all the time. Can't see him goin anywhere else but SU.
Recruits with SU on Their Top Lists
DB - Mike Johnson - FL - 3* - 11 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game which is a great sign and last I heard he has a top 10 of Arizona, Florida State, Louisville, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas Tech, UCF, Vanderbilt and Virginia. But he has a lot of schools in the mix like Hallmon did. Kind of reminds me of Hallmon where it won't be over till Feb.
DB - Micquell Cotton - IL - 3* - 4 Offers
He has a top 3 of Syracuse, Iowa and Indiana. But won't commit anywhere without a visit. Need to get him up here. MacAllister said he is a sleeper recruit SU might get.
DB - Cordell Hudson - FL - 2* - 6 Offers
Top 4 of Syracuse, Iowa State, Rutgers and Wake Forest. I feel good about getting him.
DB - Lubern Figaro - MA - 2* - 5 Offers
Just cut his list to 3 which is Syracuse, Michigan State and Wisconsin. I hope he comes here but I don't know if he will.
ATH - Antwan Cordy - FL - 2* - 5 OffersTop 5 of Syracuse, Stanford, Duke, Kentucky and Tennessee. I don't see him comin here. I think he wants a big time program right now. He hasn't talked about SU lately.
Highly Rated Recruits High on SU
DL - Thomas Holley - NY - 4* - 18 Offers
He will be making his official visit schedule soon. He is that 4* DL from NY and I think we have the best shot at him then we have had at any of the other ones in the past. Especially that Hunt is doing great and is still young. I think I have heard he is a home body and Isaiah Whitehead said he belives he's either goin to Syracuse or Alabama. I feel good about maybe getting this kid.
LB - Nile Sykes - IL - 3* - 6 Offers
He just canceled his visit for the Clemson game. But, This guy looks like a great Linebacker. I hope we can get him up here. He has connection with Moskal in Illinois and Core6. All I can say is i think he is big time I hope we can get him. I think he could be one of those guys that we have a good shot if we get someone like Holley.
Higly Rated Recruit with Interest in SU
OL - Chad Mavety - NY - 4* - 19 Offers
I think we still have a slight chance of getting him even know he might of moved on to bigger programs like Ohio State. But, I think the only way we have a shot at him is if we get some other big time recruits to match him like Holley. If Holley comes here I could definitely see some names coming back in the conversation. He is a big time recruit that would be a dream recruit for SU. He has said SU was his "dream" school.
DL - Dewayne Hendrix - IL - 4* - 18 Offers
In the beginning of his recruitment we were around the top of his list but he has become a big time recruit with a lot of offers. If we get Cotton up here maybe we can get Hendrix too. If we get Cotton to commit I think Hendrix will definately think hard about it. But, it will be a tough get.
Recruits SU Could Get If They Want Them
OL - Beau Benzschawel - WI - 2* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. I think if he is not contingent and we want him we should be able to get him. I think he wants to go to a BCS school and we are the only ones to offer and Iowa State. If he likes his visit we should get him. We got to play good against Clemson. Fans gotta show up and maybe we can get a commitment.
OL - Kadeem Smith - FL - 2* - 1 Offer
He has one BCS offer if he wants to play in a big time conference his only choice is SU. Does He?
Contingent - I Think?
LB - Justin Hughes - GA - 2* - 3 Offers
I think he is probably contingent on Sykes. Even if we don't get Sykes I don't know if we will get him. We already have a lot of linebackers this year. His other big offers are Kansas State and TCU.
DB - Rasaan Stewart - PA - 2* - 4 Offers
I always see Stewart tweetin about SU. He is probably contingent on all the DB's above. He also does have a couple of other good offers. But, if we want him I Could definately see him comin here like Phillips waited for us.
Recruit SU Wants to Flip
RB - Tommy Mister - IL - 3* - 8 Offers - Iowa State Commit
He is a very good recruit. It will be hard to flip him unless Dawson and Roberts get on his case hard and I still don't know if they could do it. He goes to the same school as Lamar Dawson.
LB - Harold Landry - NC - 3* - 13 Offers - Boston College Commit
High rated LB recruit that we're still in it with. He will be a tough flip as well I feel, he has a lot of nice offers other than BC.
What Happen to These Guys?
TE - Marcus Mosely - FL - 3* - 4 Offers
What happen to this guy, we were in his top 3 and then he disappeared. Are we still on him? He seems like a good player.
LB - Ray Tillman - GA - 3* - 5 Offers
I remeber bein at the top of this guys list too. He seems like a good player from Georgia as well. What happen? Are we still on him?
Other
QB - Randall Cunningham Jr. - NV - 3* - 7 Offers
He has a lot of great offers and I don't see us getting him. He lives far away and I honestly don't want him. I don't think AJ wants another QB at the same caliber in this class and I don't want one either. Aj is a leader and I wouldn't want to ruin things with AJ.
DL - Chris Slayton - IL - 3* - 11 Offers
I remeber people saying he was interested in SU and I hope he still is. He has some good offers would be nice get.
LB - Jawhaun Bentley - MD - 3* - 7 Offers
Earlier he had a top 2 of Iowa and Maryland with interest from Notre Dame. He might be still interested in us but I haven't seen much.

This is just my thinking on the outside and correct me for any mistakes I made. Just guesses and seeing what you guys think?
And a little info that I found out is that SU gets a guy for the secondary from Florida almost every year for like the last 6 years.

Last edited:
Who's Left for 2014? That We Know of... - Rivals Stars - Offers are Power 5 Offers Including SU - No Inside Information
Great Chance of Landing at SU
WR - Steve Ishmael - FL - 3* - 10 Offers
All we been hearing is that he's all SU, he loves McDonald and that he will commit here. Long always brings up his name when he talks about the recruiting class as if we have him already. The only thing that worries me is that he is so quiet about it and you rarely hear from him. But I would be shocked if he didn't come here with all the hype about it.
OL - Aaron Roberts - IL - 3* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. He has a top 3 0f Syracuse, Illinois and Oklahoma. No offer from Oklahoma. Honestly, I think he just likes the recruiting process and wants some more offers before he commits. He's tweeted stuff like Syracuse has the best coaching staff in the country and communicates with all the SU players all the time. Can't see him goin anywhere else but SU.
Recruits with SU on Their Top Lists
DB - Mike Johnson - FL - 3* - 11 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game which is a great sign and last I heard he has a top 10 of Arizona, Florida State, Louisville, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas Tech, UCF, Vanderbilt and Virginia. But he has a lot of schools in the mix like Hallmon did. Kind of reminds me of Hallmon where it won't be over till Feb.
DB - Micquell Cotton - IL - 3* - 4 Offers
He has a top 3 of Syracuse, Iowa and Indiana. But won't commit anywhere without a visit. Need to get him up here. MacAllister said he is a sleeper recruit SU might get.
DB - Cordell Hudson - FL - 2* - 6 Offers
Top 4 of Syracuse, Iowa State, Rutgers and Wake Forest. I feel good about getting him.
DB - Lubern Figaro - MA - 2* - 5 Offers
Just cut his list to 3 which is Syracuse, Michigan State and Wisconsin. I hope he comes here but I don't know if he will.
ATH - Antwan Cordy - FL - 2* - 5 OffersTop 5 of Syracuse, Stanford, Duke, Kentucky and Tennessee. I don't see him comin here. I think he wants a big time program right now. He hasn't talked about SU lately.
Highly Rated Recruits High on SU
DL - Thomas Holley - NY - 4* - 18 Offers
He will be making his official visit schedule soon. He is that 4* DL from NY and I think we have the best shot at him then we have had at any of the other ones in the past. Especially that Hunt is doing great and is still young. I think I have heard he is a home body and Isaiah Whitehead said he belives he's either goin to Syracuse or Alabama. I feel good about maybe getting this kid.
LB - Nile Sykes - IL - 3* - 6 Offers
He just canceled his visit for the Clemson game. But, This guy looks like a great Linebacker. I hope we can get him up here. He has connection with Moskal in Illinois and Core6. All I can say is i think he is big time I hope we can get him. I think he could be one of those guys that we have a good shot if we get someone like Holley.
Higly Rated Recruit with Interest in SU
OL - Chad Mavety - NY - 4* - 19 Offers
I think we still have a slight chance of getting him even know he might of moved on to bigger programs like Ohio State. But, I think the only way we have a shot at him is if we get some other big time recruits to match him like Holley. If Holley comes here I could definitely see some names coming back in the conversation. He is a big time recruit that would be a dream recruit for SU. He has said SU was his "dream" school.
Recruits SU Could Get If They Want Them
OL - Beau Benzschawel - WI - 2* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. I think if he is not contingent and we want him we should be able to get him. I think he wants to go to a BCS school and we are the only ones to offer and Iowa State. If he likes his visit we should get him. We got to play good against Clemson. Fans gotta show up and maybe we can get a commitment.
OL - Kadeem Smith - FL - 2* - 1 Offer
He has one BCS offer if he wants to play in a big time conference his only choice is SU. Does He?
Contingent - I Think?
RB - Josh Boyd - GA - 2* - 2 Offers
I think he has or had a contingent offer. It could of been contingent on Phillips or a second running back. Anomander said Boyd isn't an option. Why? I'm not questioning you, just what's the reason. You didn't say.
LB - Justin Hughes - GA - 2* - 3 Offers
I think he is probably contingent on Sykes. Even if we don't get Sykes I don't know if we will get him. We already have a lot of linebackers this year. His other big offers are Kansas State and TCU.
DB - Rasaan Stewart - PA - 2* - 4 Offers
I always see Stewart tweetin about SU. He is probably contingent on all the DB's above. He also does have a couple of other good offers. But, if we want him I Could definately see him comin here like Phillips waited for us.
Recruit SU Wants to Flip
RB - Tommy Mister - IL - 3* - 8 Offers - Iowa State Commit
He is a very good recruit. It will be hard to flip him unless Dawson and Roberts get on his case hard and I still don't know if they could do it. He goes to the same school as Lamar Dawson.
What Happen to These Guys?
TE - Marcus Mosely - FL - 3* - 4 Offers
What happen to this guy, we were in his top 3 and then he disappeared. Are we still on him? He seems like a good player.
LB - Ray Tillman - GA - 3* - 5 Offers
I remeber bein at the top of this guys list too. He seems like a good player from Georgia as well. What happen? Are we still on him?
Other
QB - Randall Cunningham Jr. - NV - 3* - 7 Offers
He has a lot of great offers and I don't see us getting him. He lives far away and I honestly don't want him. I don't think AJ wants another QB at the same caliber in this class and I don't want one either. Aj is a leader and I wouldn't want to ruin things with AJ.

This is just my thinking on the outside and correct me for any mistakes I made. Just guesses and seeing what you guys think?
And a little info that I found out is that SU gets a guy for the secondary from Florida almost every year for like the last 6 years.

Pretty good list but your missing 1 of the biggest flip candidates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

DeWayne Hendrix should eventually fall into this category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

Pretty good list but your missing 1 of the biggest flip candidates

-
Oh, who am i missing? Hendrix? I didn't know we were still on him. And you never answered my question about Boyd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom