So, what do you recruiting mavens think... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So, what do you recruiting mavens think...

I’ll add a name that still hasn’t emerged nationally but should at some point: Jordan Ingraham OG 6-2 315 from Booker T Washington in Miami.

Here are 5 Florida players that could emerge late:

Recap done by Larry Bulstein as under the radar Florida kids. Wint – reportedly has a Syracuse offer

*Henry Bussey, RB, 5-9, 180, Hialeah. This one-time American Heritage Plantation standout is truly a prospect that you have to account for on every offensive play. He can break a take open — in an instant!

• Kendon Davis, WR, 6-3, 200, Plantation. When he was at Northeast, playing behind Stacy Coley, many paid little attention. Now, as a senior for the Colonels, he gives this team a dimension it hasn’t had in a long time. Fall asleep on him and you will making a huge mistake. This could be a pass-catcher who will leave a mark.

• Tevin Evans, DE, 6-1, 200, Booker T. Washington. If everyone thought that Ingraham was a surprise, here is a player that Norcross and every opponent will have to keep an eye on. He knows where the football is at all times — and the move from outside linebacker will only showcase his skills.

• Justin Morgan, Athlete, 5-10, 170, Deerfield. Ask anyone who has watched him play, this may be one of the most versatile players in the senior class. His athleticism is outstanding, but his ability to play football is much more impressive.

• Anthony Wint, LB, 6-1, 220, Homestead. There may not be a tougher and more athletic linebacker in any class than this gifted playmaker. One coach remarked that you have to find him on every snap.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/29/3594643/larry-blustein-prospects-still.html#storylink=cpy

I’ll add a name that still hasn’t emerged nationally but should at some point: Jordan Ingraham OG 6-2 315 from Booker T Washington in Miami.
These are the kind of kids that we'll learn about because their coaches will probably let McDonald know.

Here are 5 Florida players that could emerge late:

Recap done by Larry Bulstein as under the radar Florida kids. Wint – reportedly has a Syracuse offer

*Henry Bussey, RB, 5-9, 180, Hialeah. This one-time American Heritage Plantation standout is truly a prospect that you have to account for on every offensive play. He can break a take open — in an instant!

• Kendon Davis, WR, 6-3, 200, Plantation. When he was at Northeast, playing behind Stacy Coley, many paid little attention. Now, as a senior for the Colonels, he gives this team a dimension it hasn’t had in a long time. Fall asleep on him and you will making a huge mistake. This could be a pass-catcher who will leave a mark.

• Tevin Evans, DE, 6-1, 200, Booker T. Washington. If everyone thought that Ingraham was a surprise, here is a player that Norcross and every opponent will have to keep an eye on. He knows where the football is at all times — and the move from outside linebacker will only showcase his skills.

• Justin Morgan, Athlete, 5-10, 170, Deerfield. Ask anyone who has watched him play, this may be one of the most versatile players in the senior class. His athleticism is outstanding, but his ability to play football is much more impressive.

• Anthony Wint, LB, 6-1, 220, Homestead. There may not be a tougher and more athletic linebacker in any class than this gifted playmaker. One coach remarked that you have to find him on every snap.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/29/3594643/larry-blustein-prospects-still.html#storylink=cpy

Anthony Wint...
http://syracusefan.com/threads/olb-anthony-wint-fl-offered.52602/

Tajee Fullwood just popped back up on the radar according to the Skout front page. Currently a USF commit.

We have 10 commitments and possibly WR Jeremy Cooper and DT Wayne Williams. If both enroll in January (which has been the plan) then both can count backwards. I haven’t kept up with the roster number this year but I’ll guess we bring in 10-12 more kids.

Pffft that's nothing. I was able to count backwards in 1st grade. Standards have changed over the years I guess... :)

Johnny Morant comes to mind, although he may be from this decade.
The point I was trying to make is they have been few and far between.
A lot of fans (especially those under 30) assume the teams during our "glory years" were built around major recruits. Our most well-known players from that era (McNabb, Freeney, Johnson, McClain) would not qualify as "holy " recruits.

My opinion only, but I definitely think Hunt's success will be a boon to recruiting. Not that it is about him specifically, but his success gives us an exciting offense, will enable us to win games, hopefully get back to a bowl, etc.

That beats the alternative, where every week is a boring, grueling thing to watch in front of 20K fans, about 10K of which are largely disinterested and leave early. Recruits attending our games are going to be treated to a much more exciting brand of football, with lots of action and a lot more points being scored.

Hunt has infused a much needed shot of energy into the program. I'm guessing it pays dividends on the recruiting trail as we close out the class of 2014.

We sure could use a good showing against Clemson. That will make for a great weekend for the recruits who are visiting. Weather has been great, too (knock wood).

Who's Left for 2014? That We Know of... - Rivals Stars - Offers are Power 5 Offers Including SU - No Inside Information
Great Chance of Landing at SU
WR - Steve Ishmael - FL - 3* - 10 Offers
All we been hearing is that he's all SU, he loves McDonald and that he will commit here. Long always brings up his name when he talks about the recruiting class as if we have him already. The only thing that worries me is that he is so quiet about it and you rarely hear from him. But I would be shocked if he didn't come here with all the hype about it.
OL - Aaron Roberts - IL - 3* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. He has a top 3 0f Syracuse, Illinois and Oklahoma. No offer from Oklahoma. Honestly, I think he just likes the recruiting process and wants some more offers before he commits. He's tweeted stuff like Syracuse has the best coaching staff in the country and communicates with all the SU players all the time. Can't see him goin anywhere else but SU.

GREAT POST !! Thank you for all the hard work in putting this together.

The point I was trying to make is they have been few and far between.
A lot of fans (especially those under 30) assume the teams during our "glory years" were built around major recruits. Our most well-known players from that era (McNabb, Freeney, Johnson, McClain) would not qualify as "holy " recruits.

I love this post! I get so tired of hearing alleged recruiting guru's slamming our classes. "Ohhh, there no Freeney's or McNabbs in this group" I guess that is true, we are getting a lot of three star kids now who have multiple offers from major schools. The McNabb's, Freeney's, Moose's from the past didn't have multiple offers and would all have been 2 star guys if these services were around then.

I love this post! I get so tired of hearing alleged recruiting guru's slamming our classes. "Ohhh, there no Freeney's or McNabbs in this group" I guess that is true, we are getting a lot of three star kids now who have multiple offers from major schools. The McNabb's, Freeney's, Moose's from the past didn't have multiple offers and would all have been 2 star guys if these services were around then.

Not with McNabb, anyway. He was a big-time recruit out of Chicago. There were lots of people on him. That was a big get - he probably would have been a 4 star recruit. Freeney was also big time by Connecticut standards, but probably would have been a 3 star due to his lack of height.

GREAT POST !! Thank you for all the hard work in putting this together.

As long as Oklahoma doesn't go after him hard, I think Roberts is a done deal. Beau from Wisconsin should be good to go. Kadeem Smith is one we don't talk about too much, but I think we get him too. They are all coming for Clemson. Toss in Ishmael who I think we inevitably get, Justin Hughes quite possibly too. I think we have a decent shot with Holley but I don't want to get too excited there. Word on the street(i.e. one of the pay sites) is that a mystery guest is coming for Clemson too, possibly a kid already committed elsewhere whom we might flip. I have a hunch who that is, but won't toss that out there. I am sure a Juco OL will come into the picture, maybe the kid who is teammates with Wayne Williams, or the kid we visited yesterday who plays at Nassau with Mavety (yeah, I am sure we were there to visit Mavety and Travis Lock first, but the other kid too). This will end up being a nice solid class of about 19-20.

Not with McNabb, anyway. He was a big-time recruit out of Chicago. There were lots of people on him. That was a big get - he probably would have been a 4 star recruit. Freeney was also big time by Connecticut standards, but probably would have been a 3 star due to his lack of height.

I believe that SU and Nebraska were his only big offers, and only SU was offering him as a QB, Nebraska wanted him to play in the secondary. He may have gotten a good rating anyway, you are right. Freeney may have been a two star, lack of height, playing in Connecticut, and going to Cuse are all reasons the sites would give him two stars! :0

As long as Oklahoma doesn't go after him hard, I think Roberts is a done deal. Beau from Wisconsin should be good to go. Kadeem Smith is one we don't talk about too much, but I think we get him too. They are all coming for Clemson. Toss in Ishmael who I think we inevitably get, Justin Hughes quite possibly too. I think we have a decent shot with Holley but I don't want to get too excited there. Word on the street(i.e. one of the pay sites) is that a mystery guest is coming for Clemson too, possibly a kid already committed elsewhere whom we might flip. I have a hunch who that is, but won't toss that out there. I am sure a Juco OL will come into the picture, maybe the kid who is teammates with Wayne Williams, or the kid we visited yesterday who plays at Nassau with Mavety (yeah, I am sure we were there to visit Mavety and Travis Lock first, but the other kid too). This will end up being a nice solid class of about 19-20.

have a feeling some people are going to loose their mind

I don't know if McNabb was considered big time. he decided between Syracuse and Nebraska. I really have no idea who his other choices were but you're talking a time period when only a few schools recruited running quarterbacks and Nebraska was primarily run first. I think his choices were very limited nationally. Syracuse imho, pretty much revolutionized 'dual' threat QB's but that's another discussion.

Freeney was not considered big time. Rob Konrad was though. Marvin Harrison was a Parade All American. I think a couple of our ‘busts’ were higher rated than our stars. Dulayn Morgan – 1st Team USA today – 5 star prospect by today’s standards. Scott Freeney out of Georgia was considered HUGE at the time. Damion Mallery was another Parade AA bust.

Clifton Smith was a top 100 prospect at the time.

Joe’s point is dead on though – our primary stars by today’s standards would considered 3 star prospects with a few 4’s sprinkled in. We were recruiting nowhere near the level of the Miami's and FSU's back then. The major difference back then from now is that we were in the discussion with a lot of the top prospect, we could just never seal the deal. I'm starting to see a turnaround now though, we're getting back into the discussions which is a welcome change from the past 10 years.

I don't know if McNabb was considered big time. he decided between Syracuse and Nebraska.
They were recruiting the same guys we wanted. We also went after Tommie Frazier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom