So, what do you recruiting mavens think... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So, what do you recruiting mavens think...

What would happen if we beat Clemson? Yes, I am serious. Over the past four years we have managed several impressive upsets, including three over WV. We have beaten top 10 teams and by the way - actually dominated them. In one game anything can happen!

Would that one win have any immediate effect on recruiting?

How many commits do we have now and how many open spots do we have left?

What would happen if we beat Clemson? Yes, I am serious. Over the past four years we have managed several impressive upsets, including three over WV. We have beaten top 10 teams and by the way - actually dominated them. In one game anything can happen!

Would that one win have any immediate effect on recruiting?

Hey, it couldn't hurt, right??? ;)

The press coverage would be fantastic. Clemson would complain about the Dome and a huge window of opportunity would open for us.

We are doing much better with skill position recruits but we need to find more lineman on both sides of the ball. A Clemson win might change some NY kids minds in the future.

Who's Left for 2014? That We Know of... - Rivals Stars - Offers are Power 5 Offers Including SU - No Inside Information
Great Chance of Landing at SU
WR - Steve Ishmael - FL - 3* - 10 Offers
All we been hearing is that he's all SU, he loves McDonald and that he will commit here. Long always brings up his name when he talks about the recruiting class as if we have him already. The only thing that worries me is that he is so quiet about it and you rarely hear from him. But I would be shocked if he didn't come here with all the hype about it.
OL - Aaron Roberts - IL - 3* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. He has a top 3 0f Syracuse, Illinois and Oklahoma. No offer from Oklahoma. Honestly, I think he just likes the recruiting process and wants some more offers before he commits. He's tweeted stuff like Syracuse has the best coaching staff in the country and communicates with all the SU players all the time. Can't see him goin anywhere else but SU.
Recruits with SU on Their Top Lists
DB - Mike Johnson - FL - 3* - 11 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game which is a great sign and last I heard he has a top 10 of Arizona, Florida State, Louisville, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas Tech, UCF, Vanderbilt and Virginia. But he has a lot of schools in the mix like Hallmon did. Kind of reminds me of Hallmon where it won't be over till Feb.
DB - Micquell Cotton - IL - 3* - 4 Offers
He has a top 3 of Syracuse, Iowa and Indiana. But won't commit anywhere without a visit. Need to get him up here. MacAllister said he is a sleeper recruit SU might get.
DB - Cordell Hudson - FL - 2* - 6 Offers
Top 4 of Syracuse, Iowa State, Rutgers and Wake Forest. I feel good about getting him.
DB - Lubern Figaro - MA - 2* - 5 Offers
Just cut his list to 3 which is Syracuse, Michigan State and Wisconsin. I hope he comes here but I don't know if he will.
ATH - Antwan Cordy - FL - 2* - 5 OffersTop 5 of Syracuse, Stanford, Duke, Kentucky and Tennessee. I don't see him comin here. I think he wants a big time program right now. He hasn't talked about SU lately.
Highly Rated Recruits High on SU
DL - Thomas Holley - NY - 4* - 18 Offers
He will be making his official visit schedule soon. He is that 4* DL from NY and I think we have the best shot at him then we have had at any of the other ones in the past. Especially that Hunt is doing great and is still young. I think I have heard he is a home body and Isaiah Whitehead said he belives he's either goin to Syracuse or Alabama. I feel good about maybe getting this kid.
LB - Nile Sykes - IL - 3* - 6 Offers
He just canceled his visit for the Clemson game. But, This guy looks like a great Linebacker. I hope we can get him up here. He has connection with Moskal in Illinois and Core6. All I can say is i think he is big time I hope we can get him. I think he could be one of those guys that we have a good shot if we get someone like Holley.
Higly Rated Recruit with Interest in SU
OL - Chad Mavety - NY - 4* - 19 Offers
I think we still have a slight chance of getting him even know he might of moved on to bigger programs like Ohio State. But, I think the only way we have a shot at him is if we get some other big time recruits to match him like Holley. If Holley comes here I could definitely see some names coming back in the conversation. He is a big time recruit that would be a dream recruit for SU. He has said SU was his "dream" school.
Recruits SU Could Get If They Want Them
OL - Beau Benzschawel - WI - 2* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. I think if he is not contingent and we want him we should be able to get him. I think he wants to go to a BCS school and we are the only ones to offer and Iowa State. If he likes his visit we should get him. We got to play good against Clemson. Fans gotta show up and maybe we can get a commitment.
OL - Kadeem Smith - FL - 2* - 1 Offer
He has one BCS offer if he wants to play in a big time conference his only choice is SU. Does He?
Contingent - I Think?
RB - Josh Boyd - GA - 2* - 2 Offers
I think he has or had a contingent offer. It could of been contingent on Phillips or a second running back. Anomander said Boyd isn't an option. Why? I'm not questioning you, just what's the reason. You didn't say.
LB - Justin Hughes - GA - 2* - 3 Offers
I think he is probably contingent on Sykes. Even if we don't get Sykes I don't know if we will get him. We already have a lot of linebackers this year. His other big offers are Kansas State and TCU.
DB - Rasaan Stewart - PA - 2* - 4 Offers
I always see Stewart tweetin about SU. He is probably contingent on all the DB's above. He also does have a couple of other good offers. But, if we want him I Could definately see him comin here like Phillips waited for us.
Recruit SU Wants to Flip
RB - Tommy Mister - IL - 3* - 8 Offers - Iowa State Commit
He is a very good recruit. It will be hard to flip him unless Dawson and Roberts get on his case hard and I still don't know if they could do it. He goes to the same school as Lamar Dawson.
What Happen to These Guys?
TE - Marcus Mosely - FL - 3* - 4 Offers
What happen to this guy, we were in his top 3 and then he disappeared. Are we still on him? He seems like a good player.
LB - Ray Tillman - GA - 3* - 5 Offers
I remeber bein at the top of this guys list too. He seems like a good player from Georgia as well. What happen? Are we still on him?
Other
QB - Randall Cunningham Jr. - NV - 3* - 7 Offers
He has a lot of great offers and I don't see us getting him. He lives far away and I honestly don't want him. I don't think AJ wants another QB at the same caliber in this class and I don't want one either. Aj is a leader and I wouldn't want to ruin things with AJ.

This is just my thinking on the outside and correct me for any mistakes I made. Just guesses and seeing what you guys think?
And a little info that I found out is that SU gets a guy for the secondary from Florida almost every year for like the last 6 years.

Pretty good post, Syracuse has a chance to land some pretty good kids by signing day. Still I dont see that big time recruit coming out of this class, Mavety is all but gone and despite the good feelings from Holley he is still an extreme long shot, but we have at least improved our position there. Getting Ishmael, Roberts, Johnson/Cotton and another RB would be a really nice class.

We have 10 commitments and possibly WR Jeremy Cooper and DT Wayne Williams. If both enroll in January (which has been the plan) then both can count backwards. I haven’t kept up with the roster number this year but I’ll guess we bring in 10-12 more kids.

I’m guessing some Florida kids are going to pop up late that will get our attention.

I'm more interested in who commits ten who visits. There haven't been any holy shits IMO in the past decade or so.
Revering solid waste matter isn't a real popular endeavor. I presume you mean a highly regarded 5star prospect and from that point of view I agree. As a matter of fact I don't recall us being mentioned by any of that caliber of talent.

Pretty good post, Syracuse has a chance to land some pretty good kids by signing day. Still I dont see that big time recruit coming out of this class, Mavety is all but gone and despite the good feelings from Holley he is still an extreme long shot, but we have at least improved our position there. Getting Ishmael, Roberts, Johnson/Cotton and another RB would be a really nice class.

K.J. Williams is a big time recruit that we beat out Michigan for?!

K.J. Williams is a big time recruit that we beat out Michigan for?!

I am not taking anything away from the KJ Williams commit but by that time his Michigan offer was no longer valid as they received there two WR commits they were going to take for the year. Williams is still a big pick up no doubt but I am talking 5 star level kid like a Ishaq, OE, Holley, etc etc.

I'm more interested in who commits ten who visits. There haven't been any holy shits IMO in the past decade or so.
Who do you consider the "holy " commits prior to the past decade?

We have 10 commitments and possibly WR Jeremy Cooper and DT Wayne Williams. If both enroll in January (which has been the plan) then both can count backwards. I haven’t kept up with the roster number this year but I’ll guess we bring in 10-12 more kids.

Actually I think thereare 11 commits...Colton, Bennett, Rodney, Lamar, Erv, Zaire, AJ, Cabinda, Custis, Naes, KJ. 13 if Wayne and Corey make it.

Who's Left for 2014? That We Know of... - Rivals Stars - Offers are Power 5 Offers Including SU - No Inside Information
Great Chance of Landing at SU
WR - Steve Ishmael - FL - 3* - 10 Offers
All we been hearing is that he's all SU, he loves McDonald and that he will commit here. Long always brings up his name when he talks about the recruiting class as if we have him already. The only thing that worries me is that he is so quiet about it and you rarely hear from him. But I would be shocked if he didn't come here with all the hype about it.
OL - Aaron Roberts - IL - 3* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. He has a top 3 0f Syracuse, Illinois and Oklahoma. No offer from Oklahoma. Honestly, I think he just likes the recruiting process and wants some more offers before he commits. He's tweeted stuff like Syracuse has the best coaching staff in the country and communicates with all the SU players all the time. Can't see him goin anywhere else but SU.
Recruits with SU on Their Top Lists
DB - Mike Johnson - FL - 3* - 11 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game which is a great sign and last I heard he has a top 10 of Arizona, Florida State, Louisville, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas Tech, UCF, Vanderbilt and Virginia. But he has a lot of schools in the mix like Hallmon did. Kind of reminds me of Hallmon where it won't be over till Feb.
DB - Micquell Cotton - IL - 3* - 4 Offers
He has a top 3 of Syracuse, Iowa and Indiana. But won't commit anywhere without a visit. Need to get him up here. MacAllister said he is a sleeper recruit SU might get.
DB - Cordell Hudson - FL - 2* - 6 Offers
Top 4 of Syracuse, Iowa State, Rutgers and Wake Forest. I feel good about getting him.
DB - Lubern Figaro - MA - 2* - 5 Offers
Just cut his list to 3 which is Syracuse, Michigan State and Wisconsin. I hope he comes here but I don't know if he will.
ATH - Antwan Cordy - FL - 2* - 5 OffersTop 5 of Syracuse, Stanford, Duke, Kentucky and Tennessee. I don't see him comin here. I think he wants a big time program right now. He hasn't talked about SU lately.
Highly Rated Recruits High on SU
DL - Thomas Holley - NY - 4* - 18 Offers
He will be making his official visit schedule soon. He is that 4* DL from NY and I think we have the best shot at him then we have had at any of the other ones in the past. Especially that Hunt is doing great and is still young. I think I have heard he is a home body and Isaiah Whitehead said he belives he's either goin to Syracuse or Alabama. I feel good about maybe getting this kid.
LB - Nile Sykes - IL - 3* - 6 Offers
He just canceled his visit for the Clemson game. But, This guy looks like a great Linebacker. I hope we can get him up here. He has connection with Moskal in Illinois and Core6. All I can say is i think he is big time I hope we can get him. I think he could be one of those guys that we have a good shot if we get someone like Holley.
Higly Rated Recruit with Interest in SU
OL - Chad Mavety - NY - 4* - 19 Offers
I think we still have a slight chance of getting him even know he might of moved on to bigger programs like Ohio State. But, I think the only way we have a shot at him is if we get some other big time recruits to match him like Holley. If Holley comes here I could definitely see some names coming back in the conversation. He is a big time recruit that would be a dream recruit for SU. He has said SU was his "dream" school.
Recruits SU Could Get If They Want Them
OL - Beau Benzschawel - WI - 2* - 2 Offers
He is visiting for the Clemson game. I think if he is not contingent and we want him we should be able to get him. I think he wants to go to a BCS school and we are the only ones to offer and Iowa State. If he likes his visit we should get him. We got to play good against Clemson. Fans gotta show up and maybe we can get a commitment.
OL - Kadeem Smith - FL - 2* - 1 Offer
He has one BCS offer if he wants to play in a big time conference his only choice is SU. Does He?
Contingent - I Think?
RB - Josh Boyd - GA - 2* - 2 Offers
I think he has or had a contingent offer. It could of been contingent on Phillips or a second running back. Anomander said Boyd isn't an option. Why? I'm not questioning you, just what's the reason. You didn't say.
LB - Justin Hughes - GA - 2* - 3 Offers
I think he is probably contingent on Sykes. Even if we don't get Sykes I don't know if we will get him. We already have a lot of linebackers this year. His other big offers are Kansas State and TCU.
DB - Rasaan Stewart - PA - 2* - 4 Offers
I always see Stewart tweetin about SU. He is probably contingent on all the DB's above. He also does have a couple of other good offers. But, if we want him I Could definately see him comin here like Phillips waited for us.
Recruit SU Wants to Flip
RB - Tommy Mister - IL - 3* - 8 Offers - Iowa State Commit
He is a very good recruit. It will be hard to flip him unless Dawson and Roberts get on his case hard and I still don't know if they could do it. He goes to the same school as Lamar Dawson.
What Happen to These Guys?
TE - Marcus Mosely - FL - 3* - 4 Offers
What happen to this guy, we were in his top 3 and then he disappeared. Are we still on him? He seems like a good player.
LB - Ray Tillman - GA - 3* - 5 Offers
I remeber bein at the top of this guys list too. He seems like a good player from Georgia as well. What happen? Are we still on him?
Other
QB - Randall Cunningham Jr. - NV - 3* - 7 Offers
He has a lot of great offers and I don't see us getting him. He lives far away and I honestly don't want him. I don't think AJ wants another QB at the same caliber in this class and I don't want one either. Aj is a leader and I wouldn't want to ruin things with AJ.

This is just my thinking on the outside and correct me for any mistakes I made. Just guesses and seeing what you guys think?
And a little info that I found out is that SU gets a guy for the secondary from Florida almost every year for like the last 6 years.
Awesome job. Love the big board analysis. Thinking Harold Landry III, Chris Slayton and Jawhaun Bentley are some of the players not on this list that we have been involved with lately and we are still in the hunt.

Really appreciate the work you did here.

Who are you referring to? Why are you so vague?

He is being vague because he doesn't want to get in trouble with his "source". Not for publication on an internet site.

He is being vague because he doesn't want to get in trouble with his "source". Not for publication on an internet site.
Ohhhh, thanks i was wonderin and I just remebered it's Landry. Forgot about him.

Awesome job. Love the big board analysis. Thinking Harold Landry III, Chris Slayton and Jawhaun Bentley are some of the players not on this list that we have been involved with lately and we are still in the hunt.

Yea, thanks your right I should definately have Landry up there in the flip category. Forgot about him. It's hard to keep track of everyone

Who's Left for 2014? That We Know of... - Rivals Stars - Offers are Power 5 Offers Including SU - No Inside Information...

Nice work...I believe we will land the following here but is contingent on our performance somewhat the rest of the year.

Pencil in these guys:
Holley* (Something about what he siad in his interview...got that gut feeling he is the guy that is going to break the curse of NYC)
S.Ishmael
Johnson
Cotton

* If he signs on with us, look for him to bring in Sykes, Mavety and a player to be named later with 4 star talent!

Maybes (ifies)
Roberts (Stock appears to be dropping on him by some)
Figaro
Hudson

And...3 players none of us know about that will be a suprise...possible flips our way for a change.

Should be's are Benzschawel and Smith if we can't get OL men.

Most notably I noticed that Mr. Witter is absent from your list. May be for good reason as I also don't see him coming here. I am guessing here, but I see a class in the 22-24 range if I am right.

KJ is a flip in the waiting if his dream school offers, IMO. (and there may be more that 1 of those on his list, I kind of feel worse about him then I did Gus last year, and I didn't feel to good about him this time last year either! Plus we have PSU who was just given 5 more recruits for this class, jus saying...

Oh and I didn't know Slayton and Bentley were still interested. There so many.

Holley will be between us and PSU.

Edit: this is an opinion i have based on things I have heard and read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom