So what will be SU record going into the ACC tournamen? | Syracusefan.com

So what will be SU record going into the ACC tournamen?

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
13-5 now with 13 to go.

L Nc
L Duke
LVirginia

Potential 23-8

I’ll go with 21-10

12-6 or 11-7. Either way we dance.

I wish we were playing Louisville twice a year. Nonetheless, 2 games against Pitt and BC is a great advantage for us. We get credit for playing an ACC schedule while playing multiple games against its weakest sisters.

I wish we were playing Louisville twice a year. Nonetheless, 2 games against Pitt and BC is a great advantage for us. We get credit for playing an ACC schedule while playing multiple games against its weakest sisters.
Pitt is middle of the road ACC this year

I'd rather we play Louisville AND Notre Dame as our annual twice-a-year opponents than Pitt and BC. When we go to 20 conference games next year will each get a third annual twice-a-year opponent or will everyone just get a third rotational home-and-away opponent added to the current two?

Cheers,
Neil

I'd rather we play Louisville AND Notre Dame as our annual twice-a-year opponents than Pitt and BC. When we go to 20 conference games next year will each get a third annual twice-a-year opponent or will everyone just get a third rotational home-and-away opponent added to the current two?

Cheers,
Neil
It hasn't been announced yet (as far as I know). I have assumed that we will still have our two regular partners plus 4 more home-and-home partners in rotation.

still hoping for 9-9 in the ACC. can see a way to 11 but just as easy to 7.

These three in a row upcoming road games after Miami will tell us a lot. I'm leaning towards 10-8 and hoping for 11-7 right now, but will re-assess after next four games.

First, I was going to go to the ACCT because my son lives in Charlotte. Then we played like crap, so I decided I wouldn’t go. Then we beat Duke, and I thought maybe, just maaaaybeee I will go but I had to see one more game to make sure our better playing wasn’t a fluke. Then we beat Pitt. I pulled the trigger and bought the tickets.

I’ve said 13 the entire time and am sticking to it. 22-9.

As long as we don’t get Georgia Tech twice, I’m cool. I’m so over whatever voodoo hex they have on us.

HL-VOODOO-II-2.jpg

I felt pretty confident going into the Pitt game. I was much more worried about the Ga Tech matchup because of their stout defense. I didn’t think Pitt’s defense was as good and was a bit overrated because of their weak non-conference schedule. Also, with Ga Tech, our offense sputtered and then that affected our defensive intensity. My prediction is that we go 12-6 in conference. My other prediction is that we start out conference play 7-1, beating Miami on Thursday and then scoring a huge upset over Va Tech on the road on Saturday, then beat BC at their place. I think February will be a bit more up and down, especially with the gauntlet to close the season, but we should get to at least 12-6.

First, I was going to go to the ACCT because my son lives in Charlotte. Then we played like crap, so I decided I wouldn’t go. Then we beat Duke, and I thought maybe, just maaaaybeee I will go but I had to see one more game to make sure our better playing wasn’t a fluke. Then we beat Pitt. I pulled the trigger and bought the tickets.
Yup ha... extremely close to doing the same.

more concerned with what will our record be IN the tournament this year .

It hasn't been announced yet (as far as I know). I have assumed that we will still have our two regular partners plus 4 more home-and-home partners in rotation.
Yup, I think this is correct.

When you look at these decisions, you have to take into account what your partner might want. I am sure ESPN wants to be able to leave these games open each year so they can use them to schedule as many compelling, interesting games as possible.

That means the best teams in the league (or maybe more properly put, the most popular big TV draw teams) will play the toughest schedules on a consistent basis.

That probably isn't good news for us. It definitely isn't good for Duke and UNC.

It is great news for schools like BC, Pitt and Wake Forest though.

This was the original belief. But now, everyone's WAG seems to be just as good as anyone else's. Hopefully, Greensboro knows what's going to happen.

They have our number like Pitt used to.its been a few years.

Most of the games have been competitive at least, besides the Final Four game and last year's ACC tourney game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom