So what's the context for Schiano's move? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So what's the context for Schiano's move?

$$$$$$$$$$$, 5 year deal, he can coach two years get fired, secure his families future, and be pretty much right back where he is in a few years. Granted he is like most meatheads where I am sure he honestly believes he can win in the NFL which he won't. This would have been Marrone's job with more success this year.

That said, great move for Shady. Kudos. I am sure he just doubled his salary

Marrone didn't have a Belichick recommendation.

Not sure I've heard of one from Sean Payton. :)

$$$$$$$$$$$, 5 year deal, he can coach two years get fired, secure his families future, and be pretty much right back where he is in a few years. Granted he is like most meatheads where I am sure he honestly believes he can win in the NFL which he won't. This would have been Marrone's job with more success this year.

That said, great move for Shady. Kudos. I am sure he just doubled his salary

Yeah, there is always a healthy dose of greed (understandably so -- not attempting to judge) and ego involved in all of these decisions. But he also gets to move from Jersey to Tampa, so factor that in with a big pay increase and he probably at least doubled his take home.

Yeah, there is always a healthy dose of greed (understandably so -- not attempting to judge) and ego involved in all of these decisions. But he also gets to move from Jersey to Tampa, so factor that in with a big pay increase and he probably at least doubled his take home.

Less taxes as well, F it, why not. Just set yourself for life. 5 years of big money in Florida is like 7-8 in Jersey or NY with the taxes as well. Like I said, it's a GREAT move for Schiano and people will get over it on both sides of the deal

1. Was he waiting for JoePa to leave and once he didn't get the job he said the hell with college ball?
2. Does he know something about what RU's real prospects are for getting out of the BE?
3. Was it simply an increase in pay/chance to coach in the NFL?
4. Is it the financial situation in NJ, was he going to be asked to renegotiate his contract, cut assistant salaries, cut his recruiting budget?

His work on building the recruiting foundation to his program was starting to take off, why leave now? I doubt he is going to get that much of a bump going to TB.

I think it's a little bit of #2, as much as it may be an unknown, and I think it's a lot of #3, the chance part anyway. A lot of college guys want to try their luck in the NFL. Probably a little sick of recruiting, would rather try scouting and drafting.

Good for him. Hopefully bad for Rutgers. Their irrelevance would be our benefit.

I think it's a little bit of #2, as much as it may be an unknown, and I think it's a lot of #3, the chance part anyway. A lot of college guys want to try their luck in the NFL. Probably a little sick of recruiting, would rather try scouting and drafting.

Good for him. Hopefully bad for Rutgers. Their irrelevance would be our benefit.

A few years back we had John Calipari in to speak at a sales conference I was at. The guy is a ridiculously compelling speaker, I can see why he recruits the way he does (potential shadyness aside).

During the Q&A someone asked him why he left UMass to go to the Nets. His answer was "money". Ego was a little part, he said most every college coach wants to see how he could make it at the professional level. But mostly it was money.

I suspect that's what Schiano is thinking too.

A few years back we had John Calipari in to speak at a sales conference I was at. The guy is a ridiculously compelling speaker, I can see why he recruits the way he does (potential shadyness aside).

During the Q&A someone asked him why he left UMass to go to the Nets. His answer was "money". Ego was a little part, he said most every college coach wants to see how he could make it at the professional level. But mostly it was money.

I suspect that's what Schiano is thinking too.

Absolutely, I don't blame him but the timing is really bad and he isn't an RU alumni. There are a ton of people that wanted him fired last year. Where is Omar when you need him... The game is the game. INDEED

smart business and security decision----ya gotta admit he had all ru drinking koolaid for 12personally rich,underachieving years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom