So what's your pre-game brew of choice? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So what's your pre-game brew of choice?

I usually hit a tall drink of water before the game.

olivia-wilde-teen-vogue.jpg

utica club. OUTSTANDING! Am i the only person annoyed with the fact that you cant find Labatts Blue/light outside of the NY PA area? When i lived in Mass noone had ever even heard of it..i was pissed off to high hell. I enjoy many great beers but blue light is usually my everyday beer so between that and not being able to find a real pizza or wing anywhere in the entire state it was an easy decision to move back to Syracuse. Driving home for every game was a bit much as well but there was no way in hell i was giving up my seasons tickets. Sorry i got off topic.

i lived in boston for four years. the star market on mt auburn st in watertown sold labatt blue. only place in town where i could find it. they also sold molson. it was so random when i stumbled upon that but it was fantastic.

One of these away games we should get a bunch of people to pay Dinosaur BBQ to come with one of their smokers and do all the food for everyone..have them bring some ApeHanger Ale and a couple other middle ages brews that will knock us on our ass.
Actually, the MetLife game wouldn't have been a bad choice for this... there is a DinosaurBBQ in Newark. I don't recall them having the Middle Ages brews, but the food... ahh, the food!

Actually, the MetLife game wouldn't have been a bad choice for this... there is a DinosaurBBQ in Newark. I don't recall them having the Middle Ages brews, but the food... ahh, the food!

Middle Ages is always served at the ORIGINAL Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse. For those that don't know..Middle Ages created Ape Hanger Ale just for Dinosaur BBQ.

my group will be golfing prior to kick off so likely the Ol Busch Light. During game time I will drink some Octoberfest or Labatts Blue (couple places to find it in Iowa actually). I drink heavily before, during, and after games. But I also DVR all games to catch what I "miss".

Yuengling lager

I hate you right now. I am finding out that Yuengling in Los Angeles is like a myth. These beer stores keep telling me they can get some in, but no one ever does.

I will probably go with some sort of Lagunitas.

Cripes! That's a Pennsylvania beer brewed not too far from State College. Bad choice, friend! Oh Lord

:)

No its Americas oldest beer. It is like 120 miles from Penn State, BUT it is right off I-81

Syracusefan.com board tailgates have been sponsored by Yuengling

No its Americas oldest beer. It is like 120 miles from Penn State, BUT it is right off I-81

Syracusefan.com board tailgates have been sponsored by Yuengling

Certainly tastes like it's the oldest. I drink alot of craft beer but I can't stand this stuff. I tried it once and thought it tasted horrible. Like dirty socks. My apologies to those who like, wasn't trying to insult or start a thread war. Just my opinion, nothing else.

I hate you right now. I am finding out that Yuengling in Los Angeles is like a myth. These beer stores keep telling me they can get some in, but no one ever does.

I will probably go with some sort of Lagunitas.
Probably a good day for a little sumpin sumpin

While in NYC/NJ you could always try this. Some young guy bought the rights and started having it brewed again.
I tried it recently and it was bad.

rheingold.jpg

I pretty much only drink IPAs these days. My current favorite is Oskar Blue's Deviant Dale's IPA. I am sorry that there is no Syracuse or local connection.
ezytebyh.jpg

Oskar Blues makes some fantastic beers. Recently discovered them and I'm a big fan. Probably not a game day drink but their Ten Fidy is outstanding.

I pretty much only drink IPAs these days. My current favorite is Oskar Blue's Deviant Dale's IPA. I am sorry that there is no Syracuse or local connection.

I've been wanting to try this stuff. Pale Ales in a can, awesome for tailgates and beaches. I want some!

I've been wanting to try this stuff. Pale Ales in a can, awesome for tailgates and beaches. I want some!
Well, I almost never drink it or any beer out of the can or bottle. Like a fine wine, you don't experience the aromas unless it's in a glass/cup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom