So what's your pre-game brew of choice? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So what's your pre-game brew of choice?

Does anybody have anything to say about Porkslap Ale? Bought some for tonight.

Does anybody have anything to say about Porkslap Ale? Bought some for tonight.

I've had it and it's good. That whole mix is good with the moo thunder, snapperhead IPA and I forget the other but all 4 were above average. They've made an apperence at Skytop lot with myself in seasons past.

I'm going a little outside the box, and enjoying some Presidentes. :) The only place I've been able to find it in Upstate NY is at Beers of the World in Rochester. One of my favorite beers from the Caribbean.

No its Americas oldest beer. It is like 120 miles from Penn State, BUT it is right off I-81

Syracusefan.com board tailgates have been sponsored by Yuengling

There's a strange phenominon with Yuengling Lager. Those that have access to it aren't that impressed but those who don't long for it. I would take their Porter over their Lager by a wide margin. It's not great but it's pretty good and makes a great session beer.

I pretty much only drink IPAs these days. My current favorite is Oskar Blue's Deviant Dale's IPA. I am sorry that there is no Syracuse or local connection.
ezytebyh.jpg

Sam the beer man in Bingo has Oskar Blues.

http://www.samthebeerman.com/stbm/

Dales, Deviant Dales, ten fiddy, and old chub have all made apperence's at my past Skytop ventures.

No its Americas oldest beer. It is like 120 miles from Penn State, BUT it is right off I-81

Syracusefan.com board tailgates have been sponsored by Yuengling

I know where it's brewed: Pottsville, PA (among other places now, but that was the original site). Right in the heart of Nitty-Kitty Land! And you allow them to sponsor SyrFan tailgates??? Oh the horror of it all, the horror!! Infiltrated by the enemy--who's the Benedict Arnold?

penn state shower 3.jpg

I know where it's brewed: Pottsville, PA (among other places now, but that was the original site). Right in the heart of Nitty-Kitty Land! And you allow them to sponsor SyrFan tailgates??? Oh the horror of it all, the horror!! Infiltrated by the enemy--who's the Benedict Arnold?

View attachment 4688

That would have been TexanMark. Seriously, Yuengling is a pre-prohibition style American Lager, it is about 8% corn fermentables. It is the best value session beer out there (another close is Hudepohl in Cinci) I am not treating it like a craft beer. Whoever said it taste like sock is stupid. Any regular American light lager (Bud,Miller,Coors, et. al.) tastes like nothin to me (even PBR)

And who the fluck cares where things are brewed. I am bummed personally because this is the first year since I started brewing that I didn't make a specific kick-off batch because of logistical problems in LA.

I even had the Lion-tamer grain bill all worked up. At least we will play them again so it will get made.

Saranac Pale Ale, Saranac Black Forest, or Saranac Adk IPA

That would have been TexanMark. Seriously, Yuengling is a pre-prohibition style American Lager, it is about 8% corn fermentables. It is the best value session beer out there (another close is Hudepohl in Cinci) I am not treating it like a craft beer. Whoever said it taste like sock is stupid. Any regular American light lager (Bud,Miller,Coors, et. al.) tastes like nothin to me (even PBR)

And who the fluck cares where things are brewed. I am bummed personally because this is the first year since I started brewing that I didn't make a specific kick-off batch because of logistical problems in LA.

I even had the Lion-tamer grain bill all worked up. At least we will play them again so it will get made.
Curious if you wouldn't mind sharing the recipe? I'm always looking for new stuff to brew.

I'm very partial to Six Point Brewery's Sweet Action right now. Also really like Ithaca's Flower Power (bad name, but good beer). Once it gets colder (Nov), I will probably switch to a heartier beer for game day.

There's a strange phenominon with Yuengling Lager. Those that have access to it aren't that impressed but those who don't long for it. I would take their Porter over their Lager by a wide margin. It's not great but it's pretty good and makes a great session beer.

I think Lord Chesterfield Ale is far and away their best product. If I has acecess to it here in Dallas I would be drinking it all of the time. Reminds of my fav Canadian beer Labatts 50, which sadly, I can no longer find (except occasionally in Buffalo). I will be bringing a case of Chestys with me on Sat.

Curious if you wouldn't mind sharing the recipe? I'm always looking for new stuff to brew.

Don't know your set-up but I do 10G all-grain. I would link the recipe I posted to hbd.org but apparently the IRS shut them down. It was a pretty simple American pale

From memory it was:

18# 2-row pale
6# American Victory
2# Crystal 20L

Mash at 150 or so.

4 oz.. Cascade in the boil 2 oz. at 5 minutes. and 2 oz. at flameout

Shooting for OG about 1.065 IBUs about 60 but a real nice citrus/floral character form the late hops

Oskar Blues makes some fantastic beers. Recently discovered them and I'm a big fan. Probably not a game day drink but their Ten Fidy is outstanding.

Oskar Blues is awesome. I could drink Dales Pale Ale like it's my job.

On tap for me this weekend are any of the following:

* Ommegang's saison
* Caldera's IPA
* Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA
* No-Li IPA

All of these beers are transformed into Syracuse area beers when they hit my gut. That's the magic, power and majesty of Orange fandom.

Miller Light.

The perfect football brew.

Or Sam Adams.

Don't know your set-up but I do 10G all-grain. I would link the recipe I posted to hbd.org but apparently the IRS shut them down. It was a pretty simple American pale

From memory it was:

18# 2-row pale
6# American Victory
2# Crystal 20L

Mash at 150 or so.

4 oz.. Cascade in the boil 2 oz. at 5 minutes. and 2 oz. at flameout

Shooting for OG about 1.065 IBUs about 60 but a real nice citrus/floral character form the late hops
Thanks. Looks good. Cascade are my all time favorite for American pale ales and IPAs, though I am beginning to use newer hops, such as Citra, as well.

I mainly do 5gal batches but could bump up to 10gal with my setup. That's a lot of beer though, given that my wife doesn't drink beer, and I like to keep 2 different ones on tap. An Ubu Ale clone is next...

Thanks. Looks good. Cascade are my all time favorite for American pale ales and IPAs, though I am beginning to use newer hops, such as Citra, as well.

I mainly do 5gal batches but could bump up to 10gal with my setup. That's a lot of beer though, given that my wife doesn't drink beer, and I like to keep 2 different ones on tap. An Ubu Ale clone is next...

Yea, when I moved to Cali I neglected to think about regulating fermentation temps since I have always just done ales in a basement so now I have a line on a couple old chest freezers I am soon to try my hand at some lagers.

I also HAVE to step it up to start kegging, luckily the wherehouse/studio that is storing all my equipment is right next to a place that distributes soda syrup. I walked out back and saw like 35 corny kegs and was like, this is a sign, bottling zen is over.

Oskar Blues makes some fantastic beers. Recently discovered them and I'm a big fan. Probably not a game day drink but their Ten Fidy is outstanding.

Dales pale ale has become one of my go to beers. Just had deviant dales for the first time two days ago and my mind was blown. For the game I have victory headwater pale ale, with a celebratory Dogfish Head Namaste...you know to relax afterwards

Me and Shaf don't drink anything pre-game. We inject rabid deer blood and a test/sust/d-bol cocktail. This comes after pulling semi's around one-legged for a few hours.

This gets us to where we need to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom