So when are we losing? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So when are we losing?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if one, two or three of our (very recent) former adversaries picked us off— Pitt, Nova, SJ (in that order of likelihood, IMO)

Both Pitt games will be tough. I'd expect to lose @Pitt. But we're probably gonna be underdogs in 3 or 4 games the rest of the regular season. Based on the ratings today, Pomeroy has us as dogs @Pitt, Duke, and UVA. (UVA and Duke each 1 point dogs; I think Duke is probably better than their 19th ranking in Pomeroy though). We have 5 "road" games before the trip to Pitt; St Johns, Virginia Tech, BC, Miami, and Wake. St. Johns will be tough, but the other four we should all win. All caveats about road games being tough no matter what aside.

Tough to say. As most of us have thought even before the season we're pretty good. But we're certainly not invincible as the St Francis game showed us. I'll go into every game expecting the win and be disappointed no matter who we lose to. Like most SU teams I think we are capable of the clunker What loss just as much as we're capable of blowing out Arizona, Duke, Kansas etc by 20. I wouldn't be surprised if this team ultimately loses 3-4 games. We've been 9-0 before, doesn't mean much except that we're playing well enough to win.

The team is playing very well right now so it's hard to imagine they are going to lose to anyone. But I am thinking Wake Forest because it is a second road game in a row and just before the Duke at home game. So the team will be tired of traveling and thinking about the game with Duke. And Wake Forest did pretty good against KU and they will have a strong home court advantage.

It is possible that this board will be in the "world is over" mode entering the tournaments, as the last five games of the season are the toughest stretch of the year. And yet we will still be a solid contender despite this.

At Duke
At Maryland
At Virginia
Georgia Tech
At Florida St

The last 3 are tough road games.

Yeah, I saw that on the schedule, too. I am hopeful that I will remember the dark days of last year's season's end, and remember that anything can happen.

Also, I think people should be able to emote on this board and spill their hopes, dreams and worries. Then we all talk about it. If someone has a worry, that someone is not necessarily Eyor. Ya know? I was talking to a secretary yesterday, thrilled that we are doing so well. She said, "Peggy, but in the beginning of the season, you were so down about the team." I said, "Bev, they weren't playing very well, and now they are!" By acknowledging when we aren't playing well, I don't mean to be Peggy Pooper; it's just a statement of fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom