So which team is going to the B12? | Syracusefan.com

So which team is going to the B12?

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Rumors that it is a BE team.

I hope so. Good for them. Big East Football coffin nail driven further.

Louisville would be a good fit. Good for them, I was kind of thinking they were going to get stuck w/out a conference when the music stopped, so this would be a positive development for their program. They would have a nice little rivalry with Kansas in basketball.

"The Big XII should extend an invitation to Louisville! Why not Louisville? That program is a sleeping giant!" - Lee Corso

Courtesy of Awful Announcing. Corso said it this morning on gameday.

60% Louisville
20% TCU
15% WVU
3% Cinci
1.999999% UConn
.0000001% Rutgers

"The Big XII should extend an invitation to Louisville! Why not Louisville? That program is a sleeping giant!" - Lee Corso

Courtesy of Awful Announcing. Corso said it this morning on gameday.

Lee Corso was the head coach at Louisville from 1969 to 1972.

I believe the Big 12 goes to BYU to get to 10 teams. It will then offer Boise State, and Louisville to get back to 12 teams. If not Boise State then Louisville and Cincinnati.

On College Gameday this morning (I think) they had the new Big 12 commissioner and he specifically stated that there is a movement to not add another school from Texas. That would seem to me to rule out TCU, especially since job #1 for this guy is to build some unity in that conference.

The Big XII is happy with 10. That's what their TV contract calls for.

First choice is likely BYU, followed by Louisville and then WVU or Cincinnati.

west virginia.

i would imagine the b12 was their 1st call after they got the door slammed in their face by the SEC.

hell, they probably leaked SU and Pitt to the ACC, if anyone deserved a heads up on that 1, its them.

i could see TCU going with aTm to the SEC, it gives them a 2nd team in the state and the Dallas/Ft Worth market.

Well, that was quick. Hope the BE didn't spend too much time figuring out how to advertise them.

I read the other day that if it is TCU, they have the same out clauses as all the BE teams. $5M and 27 months.

I think if Mizzou goes SEC, WVA gets an invite with Lville thereby effectively killing BE football.

If TCU can get the Big 12 commish Texas to approve, they will probably get in. The smart move would be Louisville.

I read the other day that if it is TCU, they have the same out clauses as all the BE teams. $5M and 27 months.

That's nuts.

Marinatto is going to do whatever he can to keep this Frankenstein together and you gotta believe with SU and Pitt gone and basketball onlies have a majority he can raise the exit fee from 5 million to whatever he seems fit like the ACC did. That is why you gotta believe the 10th team for the Big XII-III will be Brigham Young University. They are a solid basketball and football school and won't rock the Oklahoma/Texas domination of the league. If the Big XII-III decided to get back to 12 then the Big East obviously loses atleast one team as only Boise State is out there that could be a non-Big East candidate. Remember the Big XII-III discussed Pittsburgh and if they thought about Pitt then WVU, Louisville, Cincinnati are candidates and location doesn't completely matter. I heard Texas doesn't want TCU because they don't want another Texas team recruiting off playing against the Longhorns in the state. They want the top recruits to pick between playing for the Longhorns or Aggies in the SEC. I just wish the BCS would pass a by-law that to be a BCS conference you need a championship game. It would force the Big XII-III to add 3 teams and would force the Big East's hand, and could get us into the ACC faster.

I believe the odds on the Big XII-III's 10th team are as followed.
BYU 1 to 1
Louisville 8 to 1
West Virginia 9 to 1
Boise State 10 to 1
TCU 20 to 1
SMU(dark-horse they have the oil money unlike TCU) 50 to 1
Field- 100 to 1
West

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member