So who’s concerned that… | Syracusefan.com

So who’s concerned that…

I didn’t see him get injured during the game live but knew he was out the entire second half. On replay looks like his last play was on kick coverage with 1:14 left to go in the first half. Saw him hop over somebody when the camera panned away when the play was pretty much over and past him. Only thing I can think of is he landed on somebody and maybe turned an ankle a bit or possibly may have tweaked a muscle during the return? but he looked pretty ok during the play. They showed him on the sidelline on the first defensive snap of the next series because they were talking about the MOB podcast. He was standing up and looked disappointed but nothing major looked wrong with him.

Based on that I’m optimistic he’ll be back for NC State 3 weeks later. Would be great as I think there is a significant drop off between him and Simmons in regards to both coverage and tackling. Despite them having the or designation on the depth chart.

I would really like to see less starters on specials than we have. We are starting to get thin.
yes! absolutely hate to see this. Only so much energy and specials absolutely kills ya and puts them in position to have a greater likelyhood of high speed injuries. Don't like it. If we had alabama/Georgias depth no problem, us, not so much.

yes! absolutely hate to see this. Only so much energy and specials absolutely kills ya and puts them in position to have a greater likelyhood of high speed injuries. Don't like it. If we had alabama/Georgias depth no problem, us, not so much.
My take is they knew the first four were must wins and went all in. I’d expect to see more of the load being spread after NCSt. That game IS the bowl game.

My take is they knew the first four were must wins and went all in. I’d expect to see more of the load being spread after NCSt. That game IS the bowl game.
Interesting thought.

Feels very possible and realistic.

We've run out of steam toward the end of the season during Babers' tenure, for various reasons.

Why not just get in the mindset that the season is shorter than it really is and go balls to the wall to pile up early wins and secure your bowl?

Thankfully this season we have BC last. I think they'll have completely imploded by then and it won't matter what state we're in, we'll handle them.

IIRC in the glory days of Coach P it was mostly starters in kick coverage as well even though we probably had more depth back then. And that helped maker us one of the best special teams units in the country many years
I think using starters on special teams started with Coach Mac.

Wax said in the first few minutes of the podcast, "he'll be back next week."
That could just mean for the podcast. However, if they don't allow injured players on the podcast, him returning to the podcast next week is telling.

I don't know anything about this but I'm going to speculate on the many possibilities for his absence.
I'm kind of settling on he was Myles Garrets passenger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom