So, who are we going to close with? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So, who are we going to close with?

All the info I have lol
Mad Money GIF by South Park

OK, so now that we exceeded our wildest dreams already, who are the cherries on top??

Maraad Watson, the DL, is high on many people's lists. He's committed to Kent State? We should be able to flip that, if he's good enough.

AJ Harris, the Georgia DB, could be the 5 star (or one of them ...) that was hinted about. That would be great.

Mekhi Mews from GA might add to our incoming stable of new WRs.

Most people think Walter Nolan, the 5 star DL from Texas A&M, is not within reach. He was called the best player in the portal. If Coach Robinson can't get him to join us, well maybe he can talk Dominick McKinley into it.

We definitely need another big inside DT. One of the A&M guys, and Watson would be a home run, unbelievable.

Others have said better OL will be available in the spring, after JUCOs graduate and some players at factory schools find themselves not in the lineup.

OK, so far we got Watson. So that's a great bolster to the interior defense.
McKinley from A&M is said to be announcing in January.
Please please please.

Last edited:
OK, so far we got Watson. So that's a great bolster to the interior defense.
Watson from A&M is said to be announcing in January.
Please please please.
That's alot of Watsons.

That's probably the Georgia kid. 5 star. Whoop, there it is!
Whomever it is I expect an announcement tomorrow. The way our commits have been quite nicely spaced out has kept us in the news seemingly everyday for the past 2 weeks. I have to imagine that’s part of the plan. Let everyone have some time in the spotlight and keep the buzz train rolling. Today is about the HS class signing their NLI. Tomorrow is about the next drop of news / transfer(s) coming to town

Whomever it is I expect an announcement tomorrow. The way our commits have been quite nicely spaced out has kept us in the news seemingly everyday for the past 2 weeks. I have to imagine that’s part of the plan. Let everyone have some time in the spotlight and keep the buzz train rolling. Today is about the HS class signing their NLI. Tomorrow is about the next drop of news / transfer(s) coming to town

Plus, it's manageable for the recruiting services and they can stay on top of ensuring they take a star from every one of our commits...

Might be another day with the Bowl game thurs, they may not want to take focus away from that.

In regards to next moves, given we had 18 signings plus 6 transfers, is the staff waiting to confirm who might portal or grad transfer post bowl game? OG is staying but it sounds like possibly Barron and Wax could leave? My guess only but I would think we see a few WRs leave given transfers and commits coming in. I could also see a couple DEs transfer possibly.