So, who are we going to close with? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So, who are we going to close with?

It's very hard to keep things on the downlow these days so I doubt there are any surprises, but I'd also bet there were kids who've visited that were not known to have visited. That happens more than we think. Probably some in-homes done to that we're not aware of.
This

Currently committed elsewhere kids who don't want the pressure added if they want to explore a different option to make sure they are comfortable where they are signing.

Would not be surprised if there were a couple in homes with names nobody has mentioned just to kick the tires and see if they have interest

Assuming Edwards. Really hope we get Diggs, super bullish on him and Heard. Those two with the kid from Buffalo and returning guys is a really formidable D. Hopefully we hear something on Diggs soon.

Good calls! We got all three of those guys. Any other thoughts on tomorrow's surprises?

I think he's a nice to have, not a need to have. Would still love to see him here though.

IMO Haynes and Meeks were more important.

Seems like we've brought in about 4 really good WRs already. Somebody has to emerge from that group.

OK, so now that we exceeded our wildest dreams already, who are the cherries on top??

Maraad Watson, the DL, is high on many people's lists. He's committed to Kent State? We should be able to flip that, if he's good enough.

AJ Harris, the Georgia DB, could be the 5 star (or one of them ...) that was hinted about. That would be great.

Mekhi Mews from GA might add to our incoming stable of new WRs.

Most people think Walter Nolan, the 5 star DL from Texas A&M, is not within reach. He was called the best player in the portal. If Coach Robinson can't get him to join us, well maybe he can talk Dominick McKinley into it.

We definitely need another big inside DT. One of the A&M guys, and Watson would be a home run, unbelievable.

Others have said better OL will be available in the spring, after JUCOs graduate and some players at factory schools find themselves not in the lineup.

Not an insider but from reading this forum…

Group A- I’m thinking we get:
- Barnes, Watson, Odom
Group B- 5 stars mentioned that are possible
- Harris, Bolden, Seaton, McKinley
Group C- 5 star moonshots
- Stewart, Nolen

Last edited:
I love the way everyone is thinking. Grabbing a 5 star at the end (Bolden or whomever) feels a little too Hollywood ending. But it would be sweet, for sure.

I'm baseline hoping we beat Tennessee and get Watson and flip Arnold for today as we need big bodies. Hoping we get more experienced big bodies through the portal after signing day.

I hope today continues to be Frantastic for the Cuse!

Holding out hope for Watson, though I think he leans Tennessee.

I imagine there will be a couple names that will surprise.

Mews probably goes to Tech.

Torrance to BC.

Will add some names between now and February, mainly portal.

IF IF IF they somehow landed McKinley, that would send as big a shock wave as a Bolden flip.

I think Bolden sticks with FSU ultimately.

There will still be play in portal next few weeks.

Some Tennessee recruitniks think Watson is going to Syracuse.

(you have Tennessee and an FSU recruitnik worried about Syracuse, when has that ever happened)

Mews would be such a big get punt returner.

I have no delusions on Bolden and I don’t think McKinley signs today.

Some names to keep an eye on as the 2024 class begins to close out over the next six weeks.

Bertrand (Portal)
Chappell (Portal)
Harris (Portal)
Barnes (HS)

All targets that are in play at this point

Any others still out there?