So, who are we going to close with? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

So, who are we going to close with?

It's an obscure rule for incoming head coaches.
No. That's not correct. The P5 decided in 2015 to make scholarships for four years.

The NCAA has allowed colleges to provide multiyear scholarships since 2012. Additionally, in 2015, NCAA D1 colleges from the Power Five conferences (colleges in the Football Bowl Subdivision, plus Notre Dame) agreed to implement a rule that prevented multi-year D1 scholarships from being canceled or not renewed for any athletic reason.

No. That's not correct. The P5 decided in 2015 to make scholarships for four years.

The NCAA has allowed colleges to provide multiyear scholarships since 2012. Additionally, in 2015, NCAA D1 colleges from the Power Five conferences (colleges in the Football Bowl Subdivision, plus Notre Dame) agreed to implement a rule that prevented multi-year D1 scholarships from being canceled or not renewed for any athletic reason.
I think he was referring to the rules regarding new coaches.

Just reporting that at a family get together tonight, non Cuse following people are intrigued by what Brown has already done. They Don’t know his name, but notice things are already different.

imagine what buzz can happen if he closes the talent acquisition portion of this off-season strong?

Yeah this is what I was referring to. Good article.
Yes. That would encompass all D1 programs with a coaching change. But I believe the P5 agreement covers the retention of the four year scholarship regardless of a coaching change.

Yes. That would encompass all D1 programs with a coaching change. But I believe the P5 agreement covers the retention of the four year scholarship regardless of a coaching change.
Yeah, these are compatible things. Did you get a chance to read the article yet? They keep the scholarship, but not their place on the team.

Yeah, these are compatible things. Did you get a chance to read the article yet? They keep the scholarship, but not their place on the team.
Yes I read it. And that's basically what the P5 did in their agreement. Plus if they signed an NLI guaranteeing a four year scholarship, which is what they are at all P5 schools, even if there is a coaching change the contract, NLI, with the school remains.

The kids is no longer on the team but gets to continue his/her education.

Yes I read it. And that's basically what the P5 did in their agreement. Plus if they signed an NLI guaranteeing a four year scholarship, which is what they are at all P5 schools, even if there is a coaching change the contract, NLI, with the school remains.
I don't understand what this conversation is about.

Nobody is denying that the player gets to stay on scholarship.

What we're saying is that when a new coach is in, they do have the option of freeing up a scholarship for their use on another student-athlete. The former player retains the scholarship but no longer has a roster spot.

I don't understand what this conversation is about.

Nobody is denying that the player gets to stay on scholarship.

What we're saying is that when a new coach is in, they do have the option of freeing up a scholarship for their use on another student-athlete. The former player retains the scholarship but no longer has a roster spot.
Yes. All I'm saying is that because of the agreement that was made amongst the P5 schools it doesn't matter if there is a coaching change or not. There is always that option to free up a spot on the roster and let a player retain their four year scholarship to complete their education.

Just reporting that at a family get together tonight, non Cuse following people are intrigued by what Brown has already done. They Don’t know his name, but notice things are already different.

imagine what buzz can happen if he closes the talent acquisition portion of this off-season strong?
My “JoePa loving, Sandusky scandal denying, die-hard Penn St fan bother-in-law”, who has talked about Syracuse football in a “you have a cute little football program that I can root for because they are no threat to my team” kinda way, sent me a text out of nowhere a couple weeks ago.

“Who’s this Fran Brown guy? It appears he’s trying to recruit against Penn St.”

He’s in denial about our chances. I really need us to land Humes.

My “JoePa loving, Sandusky scandal denying, die-hard Penn St fan bother-in-law”, who has talked about Syracuse football in a “you have a cute little football program that I can root for because they are no threat to my team” kinda way, sent me a text out of nowhere a couple weeks ago.

Hey, do me a favor?

Next time you see him, kick him in the nuts.

He’s not trying. He’s already landed over 10 guys either offered by PSU in the ‘24 class or out of the portal that were offered by PSU in high school.

Now it’s just a matter of how much more he takes from them.

This is the exact same convo I had with my son’s farherinlaw. He was also in denial.

Hey, do me a favor?

1703815030143.gif

Hey, do me a favor?

And say,”that’s for the kids”.
Do it again , and say “that’s for the women whose lives were ruined by another Joe Pa cover up. “

Last edited:
He’s not trying. He’s already landed over 10 guys either offered by PSU in the ‘24 class or out of the portal that were offered by PSU in high school.

Now it’s just a matter of how much more he takes from them.
Like the sound of that!!

The Village Of The Damned has been in denial for decades.