So who did we hold off in the end? | Syracusefan.com

So who did we hold off in the end?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Now that the initial signing period has passed, what are some stories on our recruitments?

Who did we have to hold off on in the end to keep kids committed?

Ala Georgia / Strickland years ago

We were the equivalent of a wet paper bag this year.

I read when Rutgers hired Shady that a reporter listed Lowry as one of the first players he should try to flip.

I heard yesterday from a good source that Rutgers/Schady tried to flip Lowery.
Not surprised and they would never admit it. Lowery was underrated by the recruiting sites. Kid should have gotten a bump. Had a monster senior year with a DPOY award. We got two very good edge rushers coming in. They will both be 235-40 pounds by next spring.

This is just dumb and you know it.
Held off at the end... Obviously we landed kids that other schools offered. My point was that the class was committed and didnt have a ton of last minute drama. Read my other post. Im bullish on this class.

Held off at the end... Obviously we landed kids that other schools offered. My point was that the class was committed and didnt have a ton of last minute drama. Read my other post. Im bullish on this class.

Well we all know for a fact that Bleich was being pursued by other schools, as one example. So I stand by my post.

with the length senior members of this board go to to provide thorough, free, coverage of our recruitment it BLOWS my mind that people think this is a bottom out class.

Well we all know for a fact that Bleich was being pursued by other schools, as one example. So I stand by my post.
Your a stand up guy.

You rather we go after a guy no other good programs want? :rolleyes:
SMH.

Off the top of my head, we also had MAJOR competition for guys like Alford, Kinsler, Bleich, Lowery, and others.
I like Lowery, but who was the major competition? Not sure which others had major competition

People said Rutgers in another thread.
So hearsay of one P5 offer (giving Rutgers the benefit of the doubt here) months after he committed is MAJOR competition? Our standards are pretty low.

If you don’t want to compete for the good players, you may want to follow something else. Like knitting or basket weaving. I mean if we want good players, so do others right? I don’t get the concern. It is this way for every recruit. There is always competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom