So...who is our starting QB? Seriously. | Syracusefan.com

So...who is our starting QB? Seriously.

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
I don't follow 'cuse football much during the summer, nor do I follow recruiting much (football and basketball. Just figured out who our freshman for this season are for bball.)

Serious question.

Allen or Hunt or shock strategy ... Broyld !

Purely speculative : drew Allen BUT

Full disclaimer.

I'm an idiot.

Something tells me your full disclaimer should be more than 3 words, but I guess that will do. :)

If it truly is even then HCSS will go with Allen. He will bet that Allen will continue to learn at a rapid pace and by mid-season be the much better choice. I don't like it because I am rooting for Hunt but that is the sensible way to go (again, if it truly is even).

I think our receivers are the big question mark and having a more mature QB might mitigate that element a bit.

Reading between the lines (which is fun but really speculative), it appears that coaches really like where the D is and are optimistic about Broyld but need receivers to step up. I am starting to think that they like how the OLine is coming together and if so, we are in for a good dose of the run game and some trickeration as well.

McDonald is the key. His offense will determine if we are just competitive or really good. I am thinking this guy looks at Broyld with different eyes that DM and NH and will use him extensively. GM knows he has Broyld for three years and I think he will make him a center piece.

On the other hand, what the hell do I know, I am just a crazy Orange Fan.
BTW I don't think DM would have used GMIII and RunDMC as kick returners (nice move).
Go Orange!

As a USC alum I watched Kessler and Wittek late last night vs Hawaii. They were both bad but Kessler especially was terrible. Should've had two more INTs if the Hawaii guys could hang on to the ball. I don't think our guys could be as bad. I'm serious. I have a feeling it will be Hunt. Just the way Conley was talking in the video about having a potential extra running threat for PSU to worry about.

So, assuming I didn't miss the sarcasm in this thread, we actually don't know yet?

As long as its not Joe Fields I don't care. He did end up being a good safety though.

Only John Syracuse truly has this answer.

I would guess Allen.

Dislcaimer though:

I think Edowd and I were twins seperated at birth so I have the same issues re: being an idiot on occassion.

Only John Syracuse truly has this answer.

I would guess Allen.

Dislcaimer though:

I think Edowd and I were twins seperated at birth so I have the same issues re: being an idiot on occassion.
Don't speak for me... I never said on occasion!

I heard a rumor that Greg Paulus was coming back.

Just a rumor though.