So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

Qs gone
U guessing or ya know. If so why.
Autry loves Bell..he’s a huge piece for next year
i do think he could be but has to improve mentally. If he is tougher then he will realize that when he is off he could still impact game in other ways. There have been glimpses of it in the season so lets hope it continues.

Nobody knows or actually cares if these are good or bad kids. If the so called bad kids were a little better at basketball then some of this attitude stuff would be either brushed aside or viewed as a part of what makes them good basketball players. You chose to read into body language and 2nd hand rumors because we are not winning enough. Anything on the subject of good or bad kid is lame as hell. You guys just want to win more.
That is not completely true.. JB used to push talented kids on who were not fitting.. I'm not for all the rumors... but the on court stuff you can see.. There are differences between playing and winning and competing and being Winners.. Judah, Bell, and Q have skill to win but they are not winners.. We get blown out in many losses because they cant handle adversity and they fold.

My issue more with Q is his Basketball IQ.. I think he competes but makes some bad decisions. I dot see him not having mental toughness but I do think he needs player leadership that he isnt getting.

Taylor did not have a gpod year but he just does his job and doesnt complain on court. Body language does matter whether you like it or not.. I speak from HS level but Im sure its the same in college cause some refs are the same.. They do not like teams like Cuse with players who Bitch after every call and throw their arms up.. You can laugh but It matters to karma and the Basketball Gods to get things to go your way..

There was a point when i thought if we were on the bubble and close we wouldnt get in cause we are a mentally weak group.. Why do you think medai never talks Cuse anymore.. Our team is tough to watch for people from a discipline perspective. That does start with Red but the only way to force it on players is to move them on

I think a big factor that some have alluded to although not directly on this board is that the team is somewhat divided. On one hand, you had the four of Benny, Judah, Q and Bell. On the other hand, you have Maliq, JJ, JT and Cuffe. The level of commitment to team and the behavior level is so much greater for the latter four that it isn’t close. We have seen immature and disrespectful behavior from the first four repeatedly and it really is up to Red to decide how much he can take. But I think it is pretty clear that he is looking for his team to adopt a mindset of the latter four next year.

One thing I did not realize so clearly until the last Clemson game was the tangible animosity between Joe and Judah... it seemed beyond just competitive in-game opponents.

I mean, I suspected they weren't the best buds last year, but it seemed clear as day in that game they REALLY don't like each other...

Made me also question whether Joe left because JB retired or if he simply couldn't stomach another season playing with JM...

I am now kinda thinking it may have been primarily the latter...

I may be completely off base in that assessment, as it is mostly gut feeling...

One thing I did not realize so clearly until the last Clemson game was the tangible animosity between Joe and Judah... it seemed beyond just competitive in-game opponents.

I mean, I suspected they weren't the best buds last year, but it seemed clear as day in that game they REALLY don't like each other...

Made me also question whether Joe left because JB retired or if he simply couldn't stomach another season playing with JM...

Joe had the last laugh.

Quadir is a tough one. I would want him to stay. He’s athletic, unafraid and can play at this level. I would like to think that Red could coach him up. He is willing to rebound and his shot, while not good, should improve as his mechanics are not terrible.

On the flipside as I have complained about before, he does not prioritize taking care of the ball, and is more interested about getting on sportsCenter. He is not a good shooter and cannot finish with his left hand. His defense somehow has gotten a pass from many on this board, but it is awful.

I think a big factor that some have alluded to although not directly on this board is that the team is somewhat divided. On one hand, you had the four of Benny, Judah, Q and Bell. On the other hand, you have Maliq, JJ, JT and Cuffe. The level of commitment to team and the behavior level is so much greater for the latter four that it isn’t close. We have seen immature and disrespectful behavior from the first four repeatedly and it really is up to Red to decide how much he can take. But I think it is pretty clear that he is looking for his team to adopt a mindset of the latter four next year.
More of a can do attitude versus No, not my style attitude.

It didn’t just start. He stopped going to class weeks ago..
ok but why stop going to classes so now he has to make classes up next year wherever he goes and why if he isnt in class is he playing at all for us. He would be gone immediately. Just my opinion. He seemed to play aloofly or more whatever happens happens.

Nobody knows or actually cares if these are good or bad kids. If the so called bad kids were a little better at basketball then some of this attitude stuff would be either brushed aside or viewed as a part of what makes them good basketball players. You chose to read into body language and 2nd hand rumors because we are not winning enough. Anything on the subject of good or bad kid is lame as hell. You guys just want to win more.
That simply isn't true. Yes, we want to win more. There was a lot going on with this team. And it wasn't good. If you want to win, you have to have the right pieces. But you also have to have everyone pulling the rope in the same direction. That wasn't the case with our team. There was a lot of disrespect for the coach and what we were trying to do. And it came from 2 or 3 players. Oh, and that isn't guessing or reading body language.

Today’s generation care more about opportunity and money vice more than they do about college education.

What percentage of college basketball players make it successfully in the pros? Conversely, what percentage of college students graduate and find sustaining employment?

I think Joe left because he was also told that his role would change.

That simply isn't true. Yes, we want to win more. There was a lot going on with this team. And it wasn't good.
Why was there so little control? Why were there no consequences?

This is probably not the right place to post this, but something that has bothered me all year is our players posting their highlights after a loss. The self promotion above team success just floors me. It probably happens everywhere, but it bugs me.

Cuffe isn't as good as some people on here believe he is. He's fine as a 10th man.
I don't know about 10th man, but I will say...He passes eye test to me especially on defense, but his metrics are hideous. Lowest BPR on team other than Carey, MAYBE skewed by limited mins to a degree, but there might be something to what you are saying. And I say that as someone who wants Cuffe back. Just think maybe we want him back as like the 4th guard again.

I don't know about 10th man, but I will say...He passes eye test to me especially on defense, but his metrics are hideous. Lowest BPR on team other than Carey, MAYBE skewed by limited mins to a degree, but there might be something to what you are saying. And I say that as someone who wants Cuffe back. Just think maybe we want him back as like the 4th guard again.
He’s a streaky shooter and his defense is above average at best. Theres a reason why his metrics aren’t great.

I think mainly Joe didn't want a diminished role. That said - I can't imagine Joe or anyone has fun playing with a ball dominant guy who from the outside looking in seems more interested in personal points than team wins.

Also if I was a portal guy looking to make SU my home - I would be d--n sure I have a guard that will feed me the ball.

I don’t understand the hate on Cuffe, I thought he should’ve played more down the stretch.
Did he have even one good game down the stretch? I don't think we beat UNC if he wasn't correctly DNP'd.

You want to tell me hes a better Symir Torrence and 4th guard fine we have 13 scholarships to use but hes too short and showed nothing to indicate being good enough to start for us.

If he stays and fights his way into the rotation and improves great. But like Starling I don't see a team with him playing a lot of minutes being any better than 11-9 ACC and likely NIT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom