So who wanted dion gone? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So who wanted dion gone?

I've got some news for ya Bees-and this will be blasphemous- Derrick Coleman 1st year(and more)- jerk, Billy Owens-jerk,Pearl Washington-big-time jerk. If you want to run every 1st year jack-ass out of town and not give them at least a chance of growing up,you would have to take away about 300 of JB's wins.

Not one of those guys tried to ruin the team from the inside out and were cancers on the team. Again, being a jerk, or getting in fights with football players or anything else you want to point to is not the same thing and it's not even close. Worse teammate ever (last year).

Anyone man enough to admit it? And man enough to admit they couldnt have been more wrong?

I'll be in that group. I'm not sure I actively wanted him gone as much as I only wanted him back if he actually wanted to be here and work on his game. I think anyone who really believed the kid desperately wanted to be here, work hard and get in ridiculous shape has far more faith than I do. I was clearly, unquestionably and without a doubt wrong. But you won't catch me apologizing for being a bit skeptical about a kid who had been to 4 different high schools, told the head coach to f off, was out of shape and openly seemed to be mulling transfer options.

d will was worse than waiters has been to date imo.

Williams had three years to build up his resume. Waiters turned it around after year 1, but it was quite a year 1. If you had been projecting, you'd have to at least put him in the Williams category.

Not one of those guys tried to ruin the team from the inside out and were cancers on the team. Again, being a jerk, or getting in fights with football players or anything else you want to point to is not the same thing and it's not even close. Worse teammate ever (last year).
Youre so dramatic and not even accurate. Dion was the worse teammate last year in the history of jb's program lololllllll

Youre so dramatic and not even accurate. Dion was the worse teammate last year in the history of jb's program lololllllll

Without a doubt. Even pick up games, nobody wanted him on their team.

really? because he scored baskets in a game (0 assts) he got pt due to an injury and it erases the whole season of me attitude and trying to tear the team apart from the inside? really? as to devo, he wasn't a cancer to the rst of the team, they all loved him. ao even roomed with him. devo's hero was gmac. you can bark and be a good teammate. last year dion was not a good teammate.

For the record, I'm not sure there were a ton here who appreciated a wide array of Devendorf's antics (on and off the court -- at least I thought the whole incident with kicking his gf's car door or whatever was a completely moronic move). And while he was a good teammate in a getting along sense, I'm not sure he had the world's best team-first attitude -- he did most of the time, but he had plenty of "get mine" moments with ill-advised shots. But ultimately he was a good player and a good enough teammate for the most part.

Big difference is those 3 you mentioned were bonafied all americans as freshmen so you can excuse the attitude.

I'd agree with this. I'd also point out that anyone expecting a majority -- even a slight majority -- of these kids to be really nice, down-to-earth, generous, selfless human beings are naive. I'm not attempting to judge, merely pointing out that the Tim Abromitases and Craig Forths f the world are few and far between.

I will admit I secretly had fantasies of Dion turning into a Kemba Walker-like player (if he met his potential), but was scared to bring that up on this board, for fear of being ridiculed by the masses.

I'm not scared to admit it now.

"he knew he was better than bt and scoop last year"

With the exception of his last game in the NCAA he was not better than Brandon and Scoop last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom