So who wanted dion gone? | Syracusefan.com

So who wanted dion gone?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Anyone man enough to admit it? And man enough to admit they couldnt have been more wrong?

I was not in that camp...saw the talent and most importantly the penetration ability. Was just hoping he would shape up.

Anyone man enough to admit it? And man enough to admit they couldnt have been more wrong?

I was 50/50 with Dion. But MCW is not as ready as I expected, so I'm glad DW is back with a better attitude and shooting less from the outside.

BS. Most of the bd did not want him gone. A few did but generally those that want kids gone are generally going to be wrong. Got to give kids a chance to grow and mature. Same with some posters. ;)

BS. Most of the bd did not want him gone. A few did but generally those that want kids gone are generally going to be wrong. Got to give kids a chance to grow and mature. Same with some posters. ;)

they sure the f did, im here everyday i read all the venom because im his #1 fan since before he arrived on campus.

Then you no doubt have proof that 98.25% of the posters on this board wanted him gone. I don't believe I even commented on the issue, so I'm part of the 1.75%.

Anyone man enough to admit it? And man enough to admit they couldn't have been more wrong?

This post is a softball. Yes, some wanted Dion gone and I will stand up front and center and say that I did. But I wanted him gone for very good reason as did others both on this board and "elsewhere". Because he is doing ALL the right things this year does not wipe away the facts of last year.

We had a player that was out of shape and overweight who was 100% a ME ME ME player on the court and often out of control. We had a player that had no problem in telling their coach to off in the middle of a game. We had a player who was a bad teammate in the locker room and complained to coaches and players that he should be starting. We had a player who resorted to tweeting his complaints. So why WOULD someone want him on the team? Because he had potential? He was also coming off a high school career that saw him go to what? 3-4 different schools? People had every right based on the facts of the matter above, to feel it would be addition by subtraction.

It is easy to sit here now and say nay nay nay. But I'll bet for every 10 players whose attitude was as bad as Dion's last year (the worst we have ever had on an SU team), that 9 of them would be gone gone gone at most schools. MCW is in the same boat this year. Heralded player, shows potential, but has been getting yanked real quick and seen his minutes diminish. Is anyone calling for him to be off the team? No, and why not? Because he isn't exhibiting the ME ME ME attitude on the court and off it and will be better off for it.

Kudo's to Dion for changing everything around for himself on and off the court but it doesn't change the facts of what was happening last year, the history of the prior 4 years of HS and the fact that many people said enough of this BS.

This post is a softball. Yes, some wanted Dion gone and I will stand up front and center and say that. But I wanted him gone for very good reason as did other both on this board and "elsewhere". Because he is doing ALL the right things this year does not wipe away the facts of last year.

We had a player that was out of shape and overweight who was 100% a ME ME ME player on the court and often out of control. We had a player that had no problem in telling their coach to off in the middle of a game. We had a player who was a bad teammate in the locker room and complained to coaches and player that he should be starting. We had a player who resorted to tweeting his complaints. So why WOULD someone want him on the team? Because he had potential? He was also coming off a high school career that saw him go to what? 3-4 different schools? People had every right based on the facts of the matter above, to feel it would be addition by subtraction.

It is easy to sit here now and say nay nay nay. But I'll bet for every 10 players whose attitude was as bad as Dion's last year (the worst we have ever had on an SU team), that 9 of them would be gone gone gone at most schools. MCW is in the same boat this year. Heralded player, shows potential, but has been getting yanked real quick and seen his minutes diminish. Is anyone calling for him to be off the team? No, and why not? Because he isn't exhibiting the ME ME ME attitude on the court and off it and will be better off for it.

Kudo's to Dion for changing everything around for himself on and off the court but it doesn't change the facts of what was happening last year, the history of the prior 4 years of HS and the fact that many people said enough of this BS.

he was selfish and he knew he was better than bt and scoop last year so i only fault him for the way he handled himself, but thats expected from a young kid who has all the confidence in the world and skill set to go along with it. but that doesnt make it right for people to blast him and call for his head and act worse than him.

call me a 99%er. I am 100% with Bees on this one. If Dion comes back with last year's tude, I still want to run him.

I never wanted Dion gone... but that said, Bees is right, just because the situation changed does not mean that the road he was going down last year was not a good one. I do think that ever since the Melo man came in a dominated, we have held our frosh to standards that are not fair... Fab, Nichols, Green, etc. Even Flynn takes a surprisingly heavy dose of crap, and he did nothing but perform. Just because our classes are rated higher does not mean all of the kids we get are going to be impact players right away, as most of the high ranking comes out of NBA potential.

he was selfish and he knew he was better than bt and scoop last year so i only fault him for the way he handled himself, but thats expected from a young kid who has all the confidence in the world and skill set to go along with it. but that doesnt make it right for people to blast him and call for his head and act worse than him.

yea, because most kids act that way. most d1 players think they are better than someone in front of them, if they didn't, they wouldn't be d1. and you said the same thing i did, it was the way he handled himself. like mcw is handling himself properly. i have never seen a kid that any fan wanted run just because he wasn't good or as good as advertised. but always acting like a me first player, whining all year and being a cancer, yea i can see why those guys would get called out. thanks for agreeing with me. BUT, it is an excuse to say "oh he was young". every frosh that come in here is young. and no, he wasn't better than triche or scoop last year and he proved it himself when on the court. just saying you are better doesn't make it so especially when you are a big negative on the court. having potential is nice, but proving it is better.

It's only been 6 games so far - his attitude can come back. But man has he been great.

Dion right now - yes I want him here

Dion last year - yes I want him gone

I hope he keeps it up

yea, because most kids act that way. most d1 players think they are better than someone in front of them, if they didn't, they wouldn't be d1. and you said the same thing i did, it was the way he handled himself. like mcw is handling himself properly. i have never seen a kid that any fan wanted run just because he wasn't good or as good as advertised. but always acting like a me first player, whining all year and being a cancer, yea i can see why those guys would get called out. thanks for agreeing with me. BUT, it is an excuse to say "oh he was young". every frosh that come in here is young. and no, he wasn't better than triche or scoop last year and he proved it himself when on the court. just saying you are better doesn't make it so especially when you are a big negative on the court. having potential is nice, but proving it is better.
yes like dion was the only player ever to act that way on jb's teams. you guys automatically wrote the kid off when all he needed was some help and guidance.

I did, and I still do. I thought he was one of the half dozen most unlikeable players JB has ever had on his bench. Six games against overmatched opponents tells us next to nothing, while his long history as a self centered prima donna lingers in the atmosphere. It's when things get tough that Dion typically shows his true colors (his to Boeheim came in the midst of the game losing streak last year). He didn't start freezing out his teammates until mid season, either (at least not obviously so).

I hope that I am wrong about Dion, and if it comes to that, I will be as willing to admit it at the end of the season as I am willing to step out against the popular tide of the moment and admit that I am still extremely doubtful of him today.

Substitute care and guidance with a good kick in the a€s and I am on board.

I did, and I still do. I thought he was one of the half dozen most unlikeable players JB has ever had on his bench. Six games against overmatched opponents tells us next to nothing, while his long history as a self centered prima donna lingers in the atmosphere. It's when things get tough that Dion typically shows his true colors (his to Boeheim came in the midst of the game losing streak last year). He didn't start freezing out his teammates until mid season, either (at least not obviously so).

I hope that I am wrong about Dion, and if it comes to that, I will be as willing to admit it at the end of the season as I am willing to step out against the popular tide of the moment and admit that I am still extremely doubtful of him today.

Did you watch the ncaa tournament game against marquette last year? In our last 2 ncaa tournament losses (butler, marquette), dion was the only guy who stepped up "when things got tough", ie 2nd half close game with your season on the line. That game told me all i needed to know, i want a player like that on my team. Sure its a risk, but theres no way you can just give up on a talent like that, and a player not afraid to have the ball in his hands in crunch time (and the talent to back it up, unlike scoop)

Also seems to be a double standard, people complain that dion whoops it up after every shot he makes or whatever, but when devo did it we all loved him.

yes like dion was the only player ever to act that way on jb's teams. you guys automatically wrote the kid off when all he needed was some help and guidance.

yes, he is the only player that acted that way in the manner he did for so long. name another? we have 2-4 frosh every year, all with high expectations for themselves. look at this class alone. rak, mcw, cooney you think they don't feel like they are pretty darn good? couple of hs aa's. so according to you, since they are young and it should be expected, it won't belong until they become cancers on the team. and you do realize that 2 of these kids were rated as high if not higher than dion, so it shouldn't be long before they are calling out the coach and other players and going on twitter crying about how they are getting messed.

they sure the f did, im here everyday i read all the venom because im his #1 fan since before he arrived on campus.

Didn't you just put his name back on your signature after he started playing well this season?

yes, he is the only player that acted that way in the manner he did for so long. name another? we have 2-4 frosh every year, all with high expectations for themselves. look at this class alone. rak, mcw, cooney you think they don't feel like they are pretty darn good? couple of hs aa's. so according to you, since they are young and it should be expected, it won't belong until they become cancers on the team. and you do realize that 2 of these kids were rated as high if not higher than dion, so it shouldn't be long before they are calling out the coach and other players and going on twitter crying about how they are getting messed.
d williams was a cancer every year he was here, thats 1 for you. josh wright was a headcase too thats 2. i dont get caught up on where a player is ranked, means nothing to me i judge them on seeing them play for myself. im not giving the player a get out of jail free card because they are young im giving them a 2nd chance for the same exact reason.

Did you watch the ncaa tournament game against marquette last year? In our last 2 ncaa tournament losses (butler, marquette), dion was the only guy who stepped up "when things got tough", ie 2nd half close game with your season on the line. That game told me all i needed to know, i want a player like that on my team. Sure its a risk, but theres no way you can just give up on a talent like that.

Also seems to be a double standard, people complain that dion whoops it up after every shot he makes or whatever, but when devo did it we all loved him.

really? because he scored baskets in a game (0 assts) he got pt due to an injury and it erases the whole season of me attitude and trying to tear the team apart from the inside? really? as to devo, he wasn't a cancer to the rst of the team, they all loved him. ao even roomed with him. devo's hero was gmac. you can bark and be a good teammate. last year dion was not a good teammate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom