So who's going on Saturday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So who's going on Saturday?

The official Cuse gathering is at East End in Manhattan. The official ND is at Dugout.

Now I know to stay away from the Dugout. But with probably 45k ND fans in the area, doubt it will matter.

East End isn’t big and it’s not close to the stadium. They have a bus going to the stadium from East End, but it only holds 44 — yes, 44 — people. Disappointed Syracuse didn’t set up a pregame at a bar near the stadium.

My plan is to get to Billy's at 11AM.

But East End is a fairly easy trip to Yankee Stadium.

East End isn’t big and it’s not close to the stadium. They have a bus going to the stadium from East End, but it only holds 44 — yes, 44 — people. Disappointed Syracuse didn’t set up a pregame at a bar near the stadium.

They didn't want your burned out by the end of the 1st quarter.

My plan is to get to Billy's at 11AM.

But East End is a fairly easy trip to Yankee Stadium.

I imagine it’s not bad. Just too many subway stops. Rather just go straight to the stadium than deal with that many stops.

But for those that don’t know: East End is at 86th street, Yankee Stadium is at 161st St. Not exactly like walking up the hill from Marshall St.

I imagine it’s not bad. Just too many subway stops. Rather just go straight to the stadium than deal with that many stops.

But for those that don’t know: East End is at 86th street, Yankee Stadium is at 161st St. Not exactly like walking up the hill from Marshall St.

That's what I'm worrying about. On one hand, I'd just rather get there so I know for sure I'll be in my seat when the teams come out. But on the other hand, I don't want to arrive there at noon fighting for a beer in an overcrowded bar of people who aren't rooting for the same team as me. Nor tailgating inside the stadium at $18 a beer.

We pre-gamed at East End prior to the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl then took the Subway up to the stadium with enough time to grab a beer at Stan's beforehand. Worked out pretty well. Still not sure what we are going to do before this game. Half of the group I'll be hanging out with is ND fans and I'd rather not go somewhere where I'm totally surrounded by them.

Not to big but it's roughly 4 blocks from the 86th and Lex Ave MTA station and the 4 train. Straight shot to the stadium.

On the weekend it should take anywhere from 25-40 minutes. Only four stops on the 4 train (assuming it's express on saturday) from 86st to Yankee Stadium. And with the subway time website you can plan your journey with minimal time waiting for the train. 7-10 minute walk from East End to 86&lex.

Subway Time

Five in 332a . It would be great if we decided on a bar and time to meet so he had some presence. Maybe 1:30pm at Stand? Open to suggestions.

Billy's opens at 8AM. Planned to get there at 11, but now I might try for 10:30 so I can be drunk and surly enough to deal with the ND fans.

A 2:30 kickoff with security and a packed stadium, you might be waiting a long time to get in if your plan is to get a couple beers at 1:30.

On the weekend it should take anywhere from 25-40 minutes. Only four stops on the 4 train (assuming it's express on saturday) from 86st to Yankee Stadium. And with the subway time website you can plan your journey with minimal time waiting for the train. 7-10 minute walk from East End to 86&lex.

Subway Time

Thanks.

But after a nearly 2 hour train ride from New Haven to Grand Central, I want to make it as easy as possible to get to the stadium. That wound mean a subway to 86th, a walk to the bar, a walk back to to the subway, then another subway to the stadium.

That's what I'm worrying about. On one hand, I'd just rather get there so I know for sure I'll be in my seat when the teams come out. But on the other hand, I don't want to arrive there at noon fighting for a beer in an overcrowded bar of people who aren't rooting for the same team as me. Nor tailgating inside the stadium at $18 a beer.

get there and inside early, soak up the atmosphere and the stadium while having a few.

I know the beers at YS will be a fortune, so bring a zip lock bag full of Tito's, shove it in your sock.

Go old school.

Thanks.

But after a nearly 2 hour train ride from New Haven to Grand Central, I want to make it as easy as possible to get to the stadium. That wound mean a subway to 86th, a walk to the bar, a walk back to to the subway, then another subway to the stadium.

IPA's fit nicely within a jacket coat pocket especially a winter one with many openings. May I suggest a mixture of Tree, House, Other half and Big Cranky (got have a CT one for you). Will make the subway rides much more enjoyable.

Thanks.

Well when you put it that way...

332B with 8 people. Was thinking of going to Dugout til I read this thread. Any other decent suggestions around stadium?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom