So why is miller not coaching? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So why is miller not coaching?

I agree but say Sean Miller got a DUI and hurt someone. At almost all places of employment that is reason for terminate with cause.

The guy's contract gets him double the money for termination for cause that he would get if he was fired for performance.
The lawyers at Arizona screwed this big time. They could have put in what you said as partial language but they didn't.

It's a fair point. They could have separated the recruiting based violations from other personal problems. But then it would sort of spell out that they were encouraging it until he got caught.

Maybe. All I know is that anyone who works for me that has to sign an employment contract gets nothing if fired for cause. Even if it limits my pool of potential employees.

That is the real world for us regular employees. Only once have I seen an executive at one of the companies I worked at have a payout if for cause.

i hated him at pitt. he always makes my most loathed list. spidey senses were tingling way back then.

The term makes perfect sense to me. It's the price the university has to pay for Miller following their orders and then being the fall guy when things go bad, effectively ending his career.

When Miller takes on the job, there is an undocumented understanding of what "needs to be done" at the program (i.e. payments as necessary), and that there is an expectation that the staff do it from administration.

Miller's lawyer realizes that this expectation from the administration, not only creates an increased opportunity for Miller to be fired for cause but also hurt his ability to get back into coaching if he gets caught. So he creates this clause which Arizona agrees to.

Exactly my view as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom