So Wildhack..he has to be fired, right? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

So Wildhack..he has to be fired, right?

I don't comment at all on BBall. But I got news for some of you...

JB is going to have a voice in the program until he passes. His involvement throughout CNY and what he brings in terms of donors, advertising, and community service go a long way.

I hope the BoT and JW have a big sitdown with him and tell him to pack it up soon.

I do agree they have to outside for their next coach.

Go get the biggest up and coming coaching prospect in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic and call it a day.
Wouldn’t JB be pushing hard for one of his assistants take over? Wonder how much stock that will have

without a doubt he should be the first to go, and like right now will be too late. Keeping him signals that Syracuse is just fine with a good soccer club and just about nothing else. Cuse is now known to be BELOW average in sports.

Other than the Field Hockey team, the Cross Country teams, the Ice Hockey team, the LAX teams, and the Rowing teams, yeah, we suck at Volleyball and Softball.

Other than the Field Hockey team, the Cross Country teams, the Ice Hockey team, the LAX teams, and the Rowing teams, yeah, we suck at Volleyball and Softball.

Be great if those were revenue grabbing sports. Men's Lax isn't near football or men's hoops currently but they also were coming from a level above those both. Men's Lax losing the covid season hurt a ton too after that awesome start.

Also Women's Ice Hockey is competitive so middle of the road.

Last edited:
Be great if those were revenue grabbing sports. Men's Lax isn't near football or men's hoops currently but they also were coming from a level above those both. Men's Lax losing the covid season hurt a ton too after that awesome start.

We still had to play at Cornell, at Scooby, and all the ACC teams. And Nick Mellen was still injured. It would have been interesting.

We still had to play at Cornell, at Scooby, and all the ACC teams. And Nick Mellen was still injured. It would have been interesting.

For sure no way to know but things were humming at least compared to since then.

He can have a voice just not as coach.

Yeah but:
Wouldn’t JB be pushing hard for one of his assistants take over? Wonder how much stock that will have
100%. Probably why this plan hasn't happened yet.

I should have elaborated after the "I hope the BoT and JW have a big sitdown with him and tell him to pack it up soon."

The talk has to be about a collective decision with the hiring firm, JW, the BoT, and JB needs to give the new guy his blessing of course. Introduce him to the big wigs, be his consigliere of sorts. lol.

Wildhack, on paper, is the AD.

JB, in reality, is in charge of all decisions related to the bball program.

Wildhack, on paper, is the AD.

JB, in reality, is in charge of all decisions related to the bball program.
Master of his own decisions ?
Everyone has a boss

Fans dont need to be let in on JB’s retirement plan.

Fair.

The University’s not entitled to fans showing up to games.

Also fair.

Not going anymore so long as this continues to hit the fan harder.

My wife said to me during the Bryant game that I was unusually quiet that it must have been a total blow out, and during one of the time outs she surfed to other channels and she we said oh Four Weddings and a Funeral is on...I said let's just watch that instead, especially the funeral portion.

To be fair, college athletics have been in steady decline. There are 5 football programs that have a chance to win a championship in any given year and that makes it increasingly difficult for most fanbases to care about their programs. There is a huge disparity in money and Syracuse simply can't compete against the 10 big money programs. Notre Dame has trouble competing for a national championship in football, it is why Brian Kelly left for LSU.

Basketball has been a mess ever since players started jumping to the NBA at 18 or 19. Coaches are forced to build around 4 year players without NBA talent or play the one-and-done lottery (ideally some combination). There has been a lot of dirty pool surrounding top basketball recruits.

Wildhack's job is to raise as much money as possible and build the infrastructure that will lead to future success. I love college sports and the current state makes me sad. There has to be a major reckoning in collegiate sports. There is too much money in play for the NFL not to wet their beak in college football and form some type of partnership.
The NFL protects their college feeder system. The NBA cannibalizes it which is destroying it. They are going to damage it further by going back to drafting high school kids. So foolish.