So Wildhack..he has to be fired, right? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

So Wildhack..he has to be fired, right?

JB isn’t putting any effort into recruiting while he’s the head coach, but you expect him to play a very important role in recruiting when he’s retired?

I think the typical 15-17 year old high major basketball recruit could care less if JB got involved in their recruitment.
Nice Box at JMA, work on the final call by a recruit by inviting him, his family and friends to a game. I like it.

Doesn’t matter.

Fire the AD, don’t fire the AD, nobody cares.

Syracuse is not a big time program.

It plays in a big time conference, with 13 other big time programs, 14 if you count nd, but it doesn’t act like one.

Even this board doesn’t act like one.

The Athletic Dept, the football team, the hoop team and how we look at and discuss ourselves, are all being done like a mom & pop shop.
Walmart is at the door, it’s time to sell or it goes out of business and then there will be nothing to show for over a 100 years of great hard work.
I have been waiting for you to go to the football board as you promised back in early Sept. You remember, you said that you would be back in mid October to talk about the problem with having a tight end as our qb. And, you never came back. Could it be because our starting qb led us to a 6-0 start and a 7-4 record? Making you look as wise as you do on just about any other subject.

It almost doesn’t matter who the next coach is… odds are he or she will be out in 3 years. It’s also hard to predict what recruiting will look like when you have a coach with JBs experience. Fwiw the current class looks like a pretty solid class of players with one star. It’s not their fault they were recruited to a team with three very flawed players and one very flawed hc. Imagine what the assistant coaches could do if one of them was the head honcho?

The key is to get the clock going on the next guy asap.
It’s stupid to just give up on JB’s immediate successor because of some unwritten “rule” that people on this board have concocted about following a legend. I think Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Matt Painter, Rick Pitino and lots of others did pretty well after following a legend. And at this point, the legend isn’t so legendary anymore.

It’s stupid to just give up on JB’s immediate successor because of some unwritten “rule” that people on this board have concocted about following a legend. I think Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Matt Painter, Rick Pitino and lots of others did pretty well after following a legend. And at this point, the legend isn’t so legendary anymore.
Didn't Roy Williams follow Matt Doherty?

Didn't Roy Williams follow Matt Doherty?
Roy also followed Larry Brown at Kansas who had just won a national title. I always think of the Doherty tenure as a short blip, though he did keep recruiting humming along so that helped Roy.

Where did I mention the words "give up"... I'm actually saying the opposite. I think GMAC and Red have as much a chance of burning out in three years as up and coming coach du jour. Anyone who says they know who will be successful or not is full of crud. The main goal is start the clock on the next guy ASAP... obviously pick someone whom we have a reason to think he will succeed. If he's a lifer cool, if not we join the other programs in the 3 year cycle.

It appears that G MAC has the players attention, at the least and support at the most. It would be a good time to announce him as next HCGAC at post game presser.
Not sure if this post is sarcastic. Those are definitely not factors that should be highly weighted when selecting the next HC

If this is the BoT and not ADJW then im done going to games period. Ive supported the program and players for years. I want to support the players but I can’t support the state of this current program. Its not about just showing up and being a good fan anymore imo. I hope they win out but im not spending money towards the athletic program

If JW hires within, he should be fired when it is clear that the HC needs to go. There is zero reason to hire within, screw JB's wishes we already catered to him and then some. If the assistants were any good they would be recruiting better kids and our team would appear well coached instead of a mess.

JB isn’t putting any effort into recruiting while he’s the head coach, but you expect him to play a very important role in recruiting when he’s retired?

I think the typical 15-17 year old high major basketball recruit could care less if JB got involved in their recruitment.
Seriously. If someone’s grandpa escaped from Loretto and tried to get you to come play basketball for his team, you would laugh at him. That’s borderline where we are right now

If JW hires within, he should be fired when it is clear that the HC needs to go. There is zero reason to hire within, screw JB's wishes we already catered to him and then some. If the assistants were any good they would be recruiting better kids and our team would appear well coached instead of a mess.
Agree. If those guys were any good they would be getting offers from other universities. The university hasn’t changed. It’s all about money. Jw brings in money. Clearly winning isn’t a high priority or jb would have been shown the door years ago. At this point it’s laughable how far we are letting him tear down the program. He is old, kids don’t relate to him anymore and they weren’t even born when he won a championship. Time to move on!

The only way it makes some sense is if the plan is to hire from within just to make JB go away peacefully at the end of this season, with full intent of hiring the “real” next coach after 23-24 is another dumpster fire. I don’t think it’ll work, all that actually does is delays what will ultimately be an inevitably ugly ending between JB and Syracuse…but it may be part of the current thinking.

I hate Coach K, but at least ferret face had the grace and dignity to retire when and how he did. Hated the year long farewell tour…but I’d take that ending over the one we’re watching play out now.

The scariest thing for me is that Boeheim hasn't committed to retiring after this season...it could get worse as it seems SU believes he has earned the right to step down when he wants to.

The scariest thing for me is that Boeheim hasn't committed to retiring after this season...it could get worse as it seems SU believes he has earned the right to step down when he wants to.
I never understood what "earned the right to step down when he wants to" means. In what other jobs do employers say to employees who aren't doing a good job-"You're killing the company and driving away customers, but you did a great job 10 years ago, so you can stay as long as you'd like"

I never understood what "earned the right to step down when he wants to" means. In what other jobs do employers say to employees who aren't doing a good job-"You're killing the company and driving away customers, but you did a great job 10 years ago, so you can stay as long as you'd like"
Ehh I’ve worked with them. The difference is those employees were moved to more of an advisory/consultant role. In coaching it would be the equivalent of being moved to an assistant…

I don't comment at all on BBall. But I got news for some of you...

JB is going to have a voice in the program until he passes. His involvement throughout CNY and what he brings in terms of donors, advertising, and community service go a long way.

I hope the BoT and JW have a big sitdown with him and tell him to pack it up soon.

I do agree they have to outside for their next coach.

Go get the biggest up and coming coaching prospect in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic and call it a day.

I don't comment at all on BBall. But I got news for some of you...

JB is going to have a voice in the program until he passes. His involvement throughout CNY and what he brings in terms of donors, advertising, and community service go a long way.

I hope the BoT and JW have a big sitdown with him and tell him to pack it up soon.

I do agree they have to outside for their next coach.

Go get the biggest up and coming coaching prospect in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic and call it a day.

He can have a voice just not as coach.

At this point the entire athletic department is a shell of its former self. I’m assuming there’s conversations happening at the highest level about Wildhack. Seems like he has to be on the chopping block based on the disastrous state of the core revenue generating athletic programs. It was a flyer to hire him based on his background. I think it was a failed experiment. The teams and buildings may look pretty, but the end result on the field is hot garbage.
without a doubt he should be the first to go, and like right now will be too late. Keeping him signals that Syracuse is just fine with a good soccer club and just about nothing else. Cuse is now known to be BELOW average in sports.

This isn’t happening. The decisions you want him to make aren‘t or haven’t been his fully to make from what I’ve been told.
im very tired of that mystery behind the blue curtain. they(mystery people behind curtain) suck.