So you can add two players… | Syracusefan.com

So you can add two players…

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
To the current team. 1 offense. 1 defense.
They have to be SU players from the modern era. (The Dome era.) Who have you got?

I think I’d go with a second impact WR on offense… thinking Marvin Harrison. Give Gadsden a chance to not be the main focus of the defensive backfield all of the time.

On defense, I think I’d have to go Freeney. But would probably also consider a run stopper. Ted Gregory? Not that Darton hasn’t done great. But, I mean it’s Freeney or Gregory.

Who do you have?

if you had moore/marvin type that forced teams to have the safety help that would open up even more room for this offense. right now they single our outside guys and dont even bother with safety help.

But they have been free a decent amount too, Shrader tends to be looking elsewhere first.

Without looking at your answers I said Moore and Freeney as well.
I think Freeney is a no brainer and would no doubt be better than Ted Gregory for our scheme.

A dominant offensive lineman like Pugh could have a huge impact as well. Stick him at the other Tackle spot and move Davis inside. Could greatly help the run and pass game.

I'm not going to make this an all-star selection -- obviously Marvin Harrison is one of the greatest receivers of all time, and Freeney is one of the greatest DEs, both would immensely help any team. Instead, I'm going to focus on team need and keep my suggestions more recent / realistic.

I would go with Mackey on offense, and Chris Slayton on defense.

Upperclass Mackey would solidify the center position, bump Vett to the second unit [where his multi-position versatility would bolster depth] or to RT, enabling Davis to shift inside. We'd be better at the point of attack, which would help Tucker. A lot.

Runner up on offense would be a quality receiving TE.

Slayton would bolster a key position of need [DT], where depth is becoming an issue. He's got the requisite tools to dominate in the 3-3-5.

They have to be SU players from the modern era. (The Dome era.) Who have you got?

I think I’d go with a second impact WR on offense… thinking Marvin Harrison. Give Gadsden a chance to not be the main focus of the defensive backfield all of the time.

On defense, I think I’d have to go Freeney. But would probably also consider a run stopper. Ted Gregory? Not that Darton hasn’t done great. But, I mean it’s Freeney or Gregory.

Who do you have?

Those two by a million miles.

If Marvin said no then our dear friend Chris Gedney.

If Freeney said no then Chandler Jones.

Who do you have?
I wish we had Marvin Jr

I'm not going to make this an all-star selection -- obviously Marvin Harrison is one of the greatest receivers of all time, and Freeney is one of the greatest DEs, both would immensely help any team. Instead, I'm going to focus on team need and keep my suggestions more recent / realistic.

Upperclass Mackey would solidify the center position, bump Vett to the second unit [where his multi-position versatility would bolster depth] or to RT, enabling Davis to shift inside. We'd be better at the point of attack, which would help Tucker. A lot.

Slayton would bolster a key position of need [DT], where depth is becoming an issue. He's got the requisite tools to dominate in the 3-3-5.
Slayton would be incredible on this team, especially with how many explosive players we have shooting the edge and gaps. Good call

I think if you're looking at centers, John Flannery has to be the first call.
I like Rob Moore, if I were to go with a WR.

On D, it's hard to not take Freeney, but strong cases could be made for Donovan Darius and Keith Bulluck.

I think if you're looking at centers, John Flannery has to be the first call.
I like Rob Moore, if I were to go with a WR.

On D, it's hard to not take Freeney, but strong cases could be made for Donovan Darius and Keith Bulluck.

I actually had Flannery in my post originally, then decided to rebaseline to more recent players. But good call.

To this day I wish that McNabb and Harrison could have just had one more season together.

1996 could have been as magical as 1987. And 2022.

How about Darius?

Donovin would be an absolute BEAST at Rover in the 3-3-5.

That said, I think we have a much greater need on the DL, so gotta go w/ Freeney.

Another underrated DL is Rob Burnett.
Kevin Mitchell also very intriguing, and would be a monster in the 3-3-5.
But I think ya gotta take Freeney (or Tim Green) over either of them.

Juuust missed the "Dome era" criteria - but the WR I'd take is Art Monk.
(and this is in no way negative about Marvin)
Just a solid all-around WR (and former RB) with amazing hands, and always put a hit on the defender, rather than just stepping outta bounds after a catch.

If it needs to be strictly "Dome era" then Marvin is a no-brainer.

Flannery is a great call at OL. If we go that way, rather than a skill guy on O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom