SOLD OUT! Dome Will Be Electric For 'Cuse vs Duke | Syracusefan.com

SOLD OUT! Dome Will Be Electric For 'Cuse vs Duke

I thought we were playing Duke on the 23rd. The article says we are playing Louisville. Leave it to SU for fact checking. I guess as long as we spell it right?

February 20 Men's basketball vs. Louisville (7 p.m., Carrier Dome)
February 21 Women's basketball vs. Pittsburgh (7 p.m., Carrier Dome)
February 22 Ice hockey vs. Lindenwood (7 p.m., Tennity Ice Pavilion)
February 23 Ice hockey vs. Lindenwood (3 p.m., Tennity Ice Pavilion)
Men's basketball vs. Louisville (6 or 8 p.m., Carrier Dome)
February 24 Women's lacrosse vs. Northwestern (12 p.m., Carrier Dome)
Men's lacrosse vs. Army West Point (4 p.m., Carrier Dome)
February 25 Women's basketball vs. Notre Dame (7 p.m., Carrier Dome

Hopefully the Dome will be rocking....the Dome atmosphere has been VERY stale this season. Everyone is very quiet in there. Not much home court advantage recently. Very sad.

Hopefully the Dome will be rocking...the Dome atmosphere has been VERY stale this season. Everyone is very quiet in there. Not much home court advantage recently. Very sad.

Its very strange.

We shouldn't sell such tickets to Duke fans. They may send 30,000 people here.

If we win beware of major stampede as crowd fights for pieces of Boeheims coat.

Hopefully the Dome will be rocking...the Dome atmosphere has been VERY stale this season. Everyone is very quiet in there. Not much home court advantage recently. Very sad.
There were some signs of life vs Miami. Crowd feeds off the players, always has been and always will be this way. I think a lot of it is simply due to the spaciousness of the arena. The fans are so far removed from the action that subconsciously they probably feel that they cannot effect the game. The closer you are the more you feel connected. Throw in a slow tempo and scores in the 50s it's completely understandable.

I agree the crowds haven’t been much to talk about besides the second half of the Georgetown game.

Keep the driver in your bag and widen your stance.
Drive for show, and putt for dough. Sadly about the only thing I do well is hit it off the tee. Crap shoot after that.

Just this season? It's been bad for some time, but it is noticeable more than ever this year. I'm placing a lot of the blame on the current batch of students. It's almost as if they're too cool to make noise or be active during the game.

334’s view over the roll out stands for $75 each is not looking awful?

Thoughts/experiences?

Just this season? It's been bad for some time, but it is noticeable more than ever this year. I'm placing a lot of the blame on the current batch of students. It's almost as if they're too cool to make noise or be active during the game.

I feel like the Pitt game and GTown games were the only ones where the crowd seemed lively.

And I agree on the students. Very underwhelming performance by them. We had a great thing going there in the early part of this decade...they were loud and creative with the big heads, etc. It added a lot of fun to the building atmosphere. It’s too bad that momentum somehow stalled out.

Hopefully the team’s recent strong play continues and the fans step it up in the next month leading up to the Duke game. The Duke game is always an awesome crowd. We need a strong showing for the rest of the games.

The students just stand there. They don’t make much noise or have much creativity at all. It’s been getting worse for the past 5 years.

It's not the numbers, it's the energy.
Eh the student sections a big driver too. Not as wild as they used to be, but then again the programs been down (by our standards) since like 2015

Hard to make noise and be active when you have to document your entire existence on Instagram and Snapchat.

Hard to make noise and be active when you have to document your entire existence on Instagram and Snapchat.

Agreed. This is a huge part of it. I’ve seen it at high school games too. Kids used to love to be as obnoxious as possible at those games. Now the few that are actually there just sit there on their phones and occasionally someone yells something stupid. I think more than ever, younger people aren’t even really sports fans anymore. Too narcissistic to care about something they’re not directly a part of.

Eh the student sections a big driver too. Not as wild as they used to be, but then again the programs been down (by our standards) since like 2015

The entire student section has been full the last two games.

Agreed. This is a huge part of it. I’ve seen it at high school games too. Kids used to love to be as obnoxious as possible at those games. Now they just sit there on their phones and occasionally someone yells something stupid. I think more than ever, younger people aren’t even really sports fans anymore. Too narcissistic to care about something they’re not directly a part of.
I am ashamed to be a young person by default because of my peers. I have no Facebook, instagram, twitter, snapchat...man that annoys me lol.

Agreed. This is a huge part of it. I’ve seen it at high school games too. Kids used to love to be as obnoxious as possible at those games. Now the few that are actually there just sit there on their phones and occasionally someone yells something stupid. I think more than ever, younger people aren’t even really sports fans anymore. Too narcissistic to care about something they’re not directly a part of.
It’ll get better as we win. Its no big news when unranked cuse is at home vs garbage gtech and pitt. Kids don’t know anything anymore unless there’s a number lower than 25 next to the team’s name

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom