SOLD OUT! Dome Will Be Electric For 'Cuse vs Duke | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

SOLD OUT! Dome Will Be Electric For 'Cuse vs Duke

UConn literally had players in the student union handing out free tickets for their game on campus tonight. That’s in addition to free tickets that were available in the box office.

I think this is a great idea and something that would be very popular. Devote one section, relatively close to the court, to crazies who want to stand and scream and shout all game long. Soccer does it. It works really well.

The hard part is which section? Most have season ticket holders/donors. How do you displace them?

Agree in principle but following a legend can be difficult. And being a Top 10 program doesn't necessarily mean getting a Top 10 coach. Assuming that Hop is totally out of the picture (which I do) and that we don't go the SU assistant coach elevated to head coach we likely pick someone in their 40s and who has had some success in the NCAAs over a few years (not an Andy Enfield, but more along the lines of a Chris Mack type).

Thankfully we don't have to worry about this for the next 3-5 years at least.

Cheers,
Neil

A Chris Mack type is exactly what I hope we get. He was a proven and highly successful coach of an established and successful program, but one which was clearly a step below his new gig. Not many guys like him out there but yes, I very much hope Wildhack is planning along these lines.

The Duke fan from Carolina really doesn’t care about Syracuse and won’t travel this far North. The “Duke” fans will come from CNY - hopefully will get the great deal $75 tickets and not be close enough to make any difference in the crowd noise.

I don't know. I'll bet there are some crazy Syracuse fans who would drive all the way to Blacksburg for tonight's game at Va. Tech! ;)

The Duke fan from Carolina really doesn’t care about Syracuse and won’t travel this far North. The “Duke” fans will come from CNY - hopefully will get the great deal $75 tickets and not be close enough to make any difference in the crowd noise.

I wouldn't be surprised if New Jersey is the state that sends the most students to Duke every year. Duke is not really a southern school. Neither is Miami.

I know for fact that the AD only counts tickets scanned, or butts in seats. They no longer announce tickets “sold”.
But here's the problem with their claim. There weren't only 3,000 fewer people in the house for Miami than for Pitt. I can buy that Pitt was 24, no dispute there. But I can't square that figure with the 21 they created for Thursday night.

I don't know. I'll bet there are some crazy Syracuse fans who would drive all the way to Blacksburg for tonight's game at Va. Tech! ;)
Ok, you got me there (literally)... but there were only a few of us and none that we’re fans because of media hype like Duke has . True Duke fans don’t care about Syracuse... we are not a “rival” game for them. The game being Saturday night will definitely help Amy traveling fans. Hoping that with 36,000 we won’t let them take over our house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom