Some folks will never be happy. | Syracusefan.com

Some folks will never be happy.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Vegas says 10 points. We win by 10 in a place where we have always had to fight like hell to win and where the 2003 champs lost. We are not just gonna blow teams out now. There is too much film and too many good coaches. I am impressed with the plays this team continues to make when needed. I am excited we have Scoop going into the post season. He was masterful today. If he played for Kentucky they wouldn't lose. When he plays against them, he could win
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

well said captain. There is a reason you were the best damn officer of the day. I expect if we won the national title there would be a post titled , okay, but what about next year?

the board is not that bad today.

When was the last time that SU lost at the RAC?

2003, maybe?

I speak for myself, but I am frustrated over a visual lack of effort around rebounding and overall D. We also have key players that are regressing noticeably. you can bet that if this rebounding effort, and it is effort, continues combined with the poor shooting, we will be send packing before the second weekend.

Dion has been awful for 8 games now. Fab was lost today until the last 3 minutes. Those two guys are the reason we are better this season. We have 3-7 games to figure this out before it matters.

Scoop was super! today and most the season, playing his way right into a career in Europe. I'd play for Ibiza & hang out Ronnie.

I speak for myself, but I am frustrated over a visual lack of effort around rebounding and overall D. We also have key players that are regressing noticeably. you can bet that if this rebounding effort, and it is effort, continues combined with the poor shooting, we will be send packing before the second weekend.

Dion has been awful for 8 games now. Fab was lost today until the last 3 minutes. Those two guys are the reason we are better this season. We have 3-7 games to figure this out before it matters.

I am officially changing your handle to "SourPuss." (At least on my own scorecard).

This^^^

Just because we're winning games, doesn't mean that we (as fans) can't be critical of our team's play. With the exception of Scoop and CJ, everyone else looked like they were sniffing glue in the locker room prior to the game. Maybe it was due to such a long layoff between games, I have no idea, but worth discussion regardless.

This^^^

Just because we're winning games, doesn't mean that we (as fans) can't be critical of our team's play. With the exception of Scoop and CJ, everyone else looked like they were sniffing glue in the locker room prior to the game. Maybe it was due to such a long layoff between games, I have no idea, but worth discussion regardless.
Critical is one thing. Over the top, the sky is falling posts is another thing - they are tiresome, and just plain stupid. Yes, there are phases of the game where we are not playing as well as everyone wants. But...We are 27-1, for God's sake.

Tough to even browse the board after a game lately. And we're winning. :bang:

Fab was lost today until the last 3 minutes.

Fab was lost in the first half. Mid way through the second half, Fab caught a boost of adrenalin and picked up his game. Unfortunately, he didn't have much to show for it -- he grabbed a rebound, but got fouled and there was no call, he blocked a shot -- and he expended a lot of energy. JB sat him down for a break before the end stretch, and he played better at the end as you said. I just think it was much more than 3 minutes.

Personally I don't think it's THAT bad today. There are times where I just quit reading the board because the negativity is driving me crazy. But most of the posts I have read today seem to be from people that regualrly post both the positive and the negative objectively - not the BlueCurtain/Igor types.

We are winning and that is the bottom line. But somewhere deep into the tournament, without a better rebounding effort, it may cost them. That many offensive rebounds by Rutgirls should not be happening.

Luckily SU's rebounding is balanced by their normal dominance in steals and blocked shots.

We are winning and that is the bottom line. But somewhere deep into the tournament, without a better rebounding effort, it may cost them. That many offensive rebounds by Rutgirls should not be happening.

Luckily SU's rebounding is balanced by their normal dominance in steals and blocked shots.
I truly do not think rutgers could have played better today. Play like that and duke would have lost by 15. We had to fight and that is what we did

Vegas says 10 points. We win by 10 in a place where we have always had to fight like hell to win and where the 2003 champs lost. We are not just gonna blow teams out now. There is too much film and too many good coaches. I am impressed with the plays this team continues to make when needed. I am excited we have Scoop going into the post season. He was masterful today. If he played for Kentucky they wouldn't lose. When he plays against them, he could win

More blah, blah from the pee committee. It must make you and Dasher feel great to have so many anonymous people to patronize. I've never been happier with such a butt ugly win.

The only things that bothered me today were the unforced turnovers.

CJ and Scoop were huge today. The rest were average.

Horrendous in the defensive glass.

Good post.

44cuse

This^^^

I've given up trying to figure out if it's:

A. People here don't see the issues
B. are tired of the repetition of hearing about them
C. you can only talk about good things

Hasn't changed in yrs.

44cuse

I completely agree.

I notice other posters here that seem offended and become defensive when these weaknesses and shortcomings are pointed out. The truth is, we won the game and it's not the end of the world but the best teams in the country improve through February and into March. Our team has NOT improved. Excuses like, "this was a conference road game" and "the RAC is a tough place for us to play" are blinding many fans from the reality that this team is not playing to its potential. With all our advantages of height, size, strength, athleticism, depth, etc., Rutgers played with more heart and energy and was within 2 points with 3 minutes left. What do you think will happen when we meet a team that has similar physical attributes and plays with Rutgersesque heart? What if we played one of the top BE or national contending teams today? The answer is simple... we would have been clobbered.

The good news is, JB and the team can take a valuable lesson from this game and can apply it to the remainder of the season. Perhaps this game will be exactly the motivation that is needed for this team. I certainly hope so because this team absolutely has the tools and ability to make a run to the National Championship. But, if the casual effort that was turned in today is not improved upon, it simply won't happen.

what does Vegas know? I mean they are only right the majority of the time. They know about all of our issues and still have us as one of the favorites to win it all.

This team will only fulfill it's promise if they can depend on SOLID guard play in a half court game. Scoop gets it most of the time and Trish does as well. Dion needs get with the program fast. He is quick and has a good handle but he has always been THE guy. He can not bring this tude to the half court where he is currently a liability. He is easily defended by teams who know his limitations and that has been apparent in most of his last 8 Games.
Not hating on him. There is just more to learn as Scoop found out.

Sour is definitely your handle and we win anyway do to a lot of effort on the shooters - ergo so many missed shots. You can't fly at a defender and then box out. Can we do better ? Yes, but zone makes it harder to rebound on the defensive end. I'ld rather a lower shooting percentage against us then winning the rebounding battle. Never saw a team get a "W" based on rebounding. The team with more points at the end still wins.

Really now - "won't get to the second round". Think that might be a long stretch even for the worst of the Debbie Downers.

Really now - "won't get to the second round". Think that might be a long stretch even for the worst of the Debbie Downers.

You're right - it is a long stretch. Probably because the poster you're responding to didn't say what you quoted.

I think most SU fans here are hopeful that this squad can cut down the nets in the Big Easy. But there are nagging issues that need to be addressed and if they aren't then it is not going to happen. No disrespect to RU but we won't have many games against teams like them in late March.

I think most SU fans here are hopeful that this squad can cut down the nets in the Big Easy. But there are nagging issues that need to be addressed and if they aren't then it is not going to happen. No disrespect to RU but we won't have many games against teams like them in late March.
I'm glad these weaknesses are being addressed, I'm sure the entire coaching staff is in their ears.

I completely agree.

I notice other posters here that seem offended and become defensive when these weaknesses and shortcomings are pointed out. The truth is, we won the game and it's not the end of the world but the best teams in the country improve through February and into March. Our team has NOT improved. Excuses like, "this was a conference road game" and "the RAC is a tough place for us to play" are blinding many fans from the reality that this team is not playing to its potential. With all our advantages of height, size, strength, athleticism, depth, etc., Rutgers played with more heart and energy and was within 2 points with 3 minutes left. What do you think will happen when we meet a team that has similar physical attributes and plays with Rutgersesque heart? What if we played one of the top BE or national contending teams today? The answer is simple... we would have been clobbered.

The good news is, JB and the team can take a valuable lesson from this game and can apply it to the remainder of the season. Perhaps this game will be exactly the motivation that is needed for this team. I certainly hope so because this team absolutely has the tools and ability to make a run to the National Championship. But, if the casual effort that was turned in today is not improved upon, it simply won't happen.

You're gonna get crushed for this post.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom