Some of you are ridiculous | Syracusefan.com

Some of you are ridiculous

Marsh01

Living Legend
This guy resurrected our program literally from the dead. We were lower than dead. The NFL came calling. The NFL. The pinnacle of any coach's dream (regardless of the comment he made). If anyone thought he would actually be our coach for the next 20 years then I have oceanfront land in Syracuse that I can sell you. Sure this hurts but this is how sports work in this day and age. Succeed and move on.

I for one wish him well. He is a good guy and I hope that he does well at the next level. Some of you need to grow up and stop taking things so personally.

This guy resurrected our program literally from the dead. We were lower than dead. The NFL came calling. The NFL. The pinnacle of any coach's dream (regardless of the comment he made). If anyone thought he would actually be our coach for the next 20 years then I have oceanfront land in Syracuse that I can sell you. Sure this hurts but this is how sports work in this day and age. Succeed and move on.

I for one wish him well. He is a good guy and I hope that he does well at the next level. Some of you need to grow up and stop taking things so personally.

But I heard its this forums fault he was looking to go to the NFL?!?

It's the Jim Boeheim syndrome that many Syracuse fans have been infected with since birth.

Not about the NFL... Not about bettering yourself. Never thought he'd be here longer than 5-8 years depending on his success.

He did a lot of positive things in his short time. I hope it wasn't all for naught.

It's the Jim Boeheim syndrome that many Syracuse fans have been infected with since birth.

We are so insanely lucky to have JB with Hop on deck.

But the basketball program, thanks to JB, the Dome and Melo Center, is a destination program for a college head coach.

Not about the NFL... Not about bettering yourself. Never thought he'd be here longer than 5-8 years depending on his success.

He did a lot of positive things in his short time. I hope it wasn't all for naught.

All I know is that teams were lining up to interview him like they were giving away free beer.

I wish him well but I did think he would be here for a long time. If the job had been like he dreamt, I still think that might have happened.

It's the way this was handled that gets me. Clearly Chip Kelly told Oregon that he was going to look so there was a contingency plan in place. Plus it looks like his players, the most important people in thus situation also new and supported if. It seems like Marrone told no one he was going to do this now the program is screwed and the players feel betrayed. Not a very classy way to go out or someone who is all about life lessons.

Well, the program wasn't 'literally dead', it was figuratively dead. (Sorry that's the Newhouse in me.)

I love what he accomplished for Syracuse. He turned around our near dead football program, energized the fan base (increased attendance in a down economic cycle) and has kids thinking about playing here again. We have good staff on hand, which he hopefully does not gut and we have good players on the team to continue our rebuilding. We are in much better shape than we were four years ago and I would argue even eight years ago when P was let go.

All the best to Marrone. Go Orange!

You don't leave your 'dream job'

What was he supposed to say when he was hired? I kinda want to coach here?

That whole dream job comment was tongue in cheek and I cant believe people are so upset over it.

IMO people like the path this team is on and we are all frustrated and disappointed that we couldn't keep the guy that got us here.

I wish him well but damn I wish he stayed!

Part joke.

Good lord, if my brain doesn't start working better by tomorrow work is going to kick my @ss. Sorry for sounding like a jerk off, I might need to get off the board for a few hours.

I thank Marrone for returning us to respectability and putting the next head coach in a better starting position than he had. We should all be happy for him as the man got a promotion for crying out loud. It's what anyone with an ounce of ambition strives for in their professional life every day. Now let's keep our chin up and go find our next head coach! Pick a good one and take this program to the next level, perennial Top 25!!! Go Cuse!!!

| | This
V V

What was he supposed to say when he was hired? I kinda want to coach here?

That whole dream job comment was tongue in cheek and I cant believe people are so upset over it.
It was a little more than just referring to the job as his "dream job", iirc. He basically stated that since the first day he took a job as a lowly assistant coach at Cortland St, he's been working for one goal: to become the Head Coach at Syracuse University. It is his dream job.

So that's why some fans are a little upset. He sold himself as the most loyal guy, the former player, the alum, they guy that wants this job and only this job. So I can see why some fans are a little bitter.

To Marrone's defense, he probably remembers the Dome routinely being filled with 50,000 fans and nothing but positive coverage from the Syracuse Herald Journal. Obviously both of those don't exist anymore. Sometimes you only remember the good memories from your past.

He said this was his dream. Then, he fled at the first chance. There simply must be some level of accountability for this.

Now, the Bills is his dream.

He is a used car salesman. Most everybody needs cars, so there is nothing inherently wrong with used car salesman. They are a necessary evil. Unfortunately, some of us (not necessarily me) believed in this used car salesman.

I define "good guy" differently than some, I guess. There has to be a higher degree of honesty and ethical behavior. He did not "finish the job". He did not handle the exit well (from what I can gather).

That said, he is neither completely unethical nor a villain. Just because he is an achiever, it does not mean he can be unaccountable for his actions. It will be interesting to see who he raids from the SU staff...

Just pointing out BS. If people want to call that "bitter", I cannot stop them. I cannot be too bitter, because I was not always fully committted. It's a wonderful opp to find someone even better, and it is time to move on.

Further regarding the "alumn" and "dream" aspect of his brand, it was consistenly used as a wedge in numerous debates on this board. From a posting perspective, I hope we learn to take these cannards with a grain of salt in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom