Some of you guys need to calm down. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

Lydon has the body and skills to play in the NBA, but he still has to work on his game. Better for him to do that now, rather than in the D League. But he has to work on the mentality that he is "The Man". White has that attitude. Lydon deferred a bit too much last year. Battle is still feeling his way. For people who say Boeheim is burying Battle on the bench, the kid is going to play 20+ minutes a game all year long, and right now the other guy at his position looks like the best player on this team.

Been saying this too about Lydon. Last year, he laid back and picked his spots. I understood that but now Lydon really has to start stepping out and be that alpha dog. We need him to assert himself and be aggressive.

You're also right about Battle. Hard to sit AW3 when he has about 1/2 your points in a half. The good problem with this team is all the depth. The issue is really at the 4. Roberson can only play the 4 and it's Lydon's best position. With Lydon at the 3 with AW3 at the 2 it pushes Battle out. JB has some juggling to do. Again, it is a good problem but Lydon doesn't look comfortable at the 3. I'd like him to drain a few outside shots too. That would help. He does not have a comfortable stroke right now.

Last edited:
I'll respectfully disagree. Not sure he's got the skill set to play the 3 nor the size to play the 4.

Like you said in a previous post, he needs to add strength, practice his shooting, and he's not a three now.

He has a lot of work to do and his intangibles may be excellent but it takes a lot more than intangibles to be a great player.

Fair enough. He is a bit of a tweener but that can work too. And Moyer will get bigger... And better.

Fair enough. He is a bit of a tweener but that can work too. And Moyer will get bigger... And better.

I have no doubt that he will. He'll have to be a cornerstone for this squad for a few years.

I have no doubt that he will. He'll have to be a cornerstone for this squad for a few years.

But you don't think he's capable of that? That does remain to be seen. I'll tell you what, he will be easy to root for along the way, regardless.

But you don't think he's capable of that? That does remain to be seen. I'll tell you what, he will be easy to root for along the way, regardless.

I never once said he wasn't capable of it.

It's the way he did it. If he wasn't sure, say "I'm not sure" and we can hedge our bets, just like he did. He waited until AFTER we turned away 2 guys, and AFTER the early signing period ended, when more than 80 of the top 100 have made their decisions. He was supposed to be the drawing card that was going to bring other players here, but he didn't make that commitment several times when he could have, and tried to assemble an incoming class around him. We gave him that opportunity, and he was not up front with us.

If you're not sure, say so, and then we say, "OK, the first guy to take the scholarship is our guy." He screwed us, this kid, with the way he handled it. If you don't see that, then you don't understand sales and business, which is what this is, just as you said. Somebody on our staff ought to talk to the coach at Neumann and tell him that we won't do that again with any of his players. Very disappointed with how this was handled. Kenny Smith Part 2.

What are you even talking about? You have no clue on how this game works. It's not as simple as you think. There is a million different things that go into this. One of the 1st things is the kid has to know who else the school is offering at his position and where they are planning to go, especially if the kid is not the schools 1st option at that position. If you haven't noticed Trae Young still hasn't committed yet. Quade could have just found out a definent from Trae Young. They talk all the time, they are friends. The kid also has to take into consideration the current players and the likelihood of them coming back to school or leaving. There is so much more. Bottom line Quade did nothing wrong. I have seen coaches offer kids in the past and then drop them like a bad habit as soon as they thought someone else was better. Half of you sound like spoiled brats who didn't get the gift that you wanted on Christmas. Time to get over it.

What are you even talking about? You have no clue on how this game works. It's not as simple as you think. There is a million different things that go into this. One of the 1st things is the kid has to know who else the school is offering at his position and where they are planning to go, especially if the kid is not the schools 1st option at that position. If you haven't noticed Trae Young still hasn't committed yet. Quade could have just found out a definent from Trae Young. They talk all the time, they are friends. The kid also has to take into consideration the current players and the likelihood of them coming back to school or leaving. There is so much more. Bottom line Quade did nothing wrong. I have seen coaches offer kids in the past and then drop them like a bad habit as soon as they thought someone else was better. Half of you sound like spoiled brats who didn't get the gift that you wanted on Christmas. Time to get over it.
"You have no clue on how this game works" lol OK

"You have no clue on how this game works" lol OK

Yes game, it's chess not checkers. I seen Danny Manning call Shelton Mitchell on the phone when he was at Oak Hill right when he was all set to go to Wake Forest. Even though Manning was the new coach Shelton still wanted to play there and Wake still had to honor his scholarship. Danny Manny called Shelton and told him that he will never play one minute if he comes to Wake. He did that over the phone as well. Long story short Shelton ended up decommitting and going to Vanderbilt. Now Shelton is at Clemson. So please don't tell me about loyalty and integrity of these coaches.

Yes game, it's chess not checkers. I seen Danny Manning call Shelton Mitchell on the phone when he was at Oak Hill right when he was all set to go to Wake Forest. Even though Manning was the new coach Shelton still wanted to play there and Wake still had to honor his scholarship. Danny Manny called Shelton and told him that he will never play one minute if he comes to Wake. He did that over the phone as well. Long story short Shelton ended up decommitting and going to Vanderbilt. Now Shelton is at Clemson. So please don't tell me about loyalty and integrity of these coaches.
Wow, what a wonderful, heartwarming story! There better be an investigation if Manning isn't nominated for sainthood!

After your first few posts I was enjoying your insight. I thought "this dude is in the know" and has good info. Now 20 posts later you are starting to come across as some old crank. Tossing Moyer under the bus overstepped the bounds. And for the 100th time, most on here are not mad at Quade picking UK, it was how he did it.

Never say never.
The correct response should be "Never".
what are you alluding to, Mr. Bees? Another Battle scenario? This appears to be different.

I've been following recruiting a long time. I used to report from ABCD when it was in Hackensack. For someone so close to our program and our recruits for so long, he did not show us respect at the end of his recruitment. He punked out like a little bitch. He didn't have to trash our class in the process of picking a different school. We told him we were building around him, and he gave every indication he was coming to SU.

After your first few posts I was enjoying your insight. I thought "this dude is in the know" and has good info. Now 20 posts later you are starting to come across as some old crank. Tossing Moyer under the bus overstepped the bounds. And for the 100th time, most on here are not mad at Quade picking UK, it was how he did it.

Tossing Moyer under the bus? I think Moyer is a nice kid. That doesn't negate the fact that the staff redshirted him because he is not ready to play on that level. I mentioned Moyer because a lot of you toss around the word loyalty only when it has to do with the players. Moyer has been nothing but loyal to SU and the staff. It's funny how 20 posts later you can't understand that Quade or any other smart kid don't care how they do it. And if it's not obvious by now after my 20 posts here is number 21 to tell you that these kids should do what is best for them when and how they want to do it. And that is because these coaches don't care about how they do recruits, and will recruit over them and force them out when they want to do it and how they want to do it.

Last edited:
He played us. Simple as that. He could have picked Kentucky earlier than he did, so we still had a chance to sign someone in the early period. He got his offers from Duke and Kentucky a while ago. That's why his judgment sucks, that's why what he did is open to criticism. How many other kids had announcements after the period ended, four or five, maybe? The other 80 kids did what you're supposed to do, and tell the school of your intention when they can still do something about it, if you don't want to go there.
It's his right though. What's the worst that can happen to us because of him doing this? We have a bad season? Oh noooooooo. Please get over yourself guys...it's a game, this decision comes with way more important repercussions for him than it does for us.

Kids have conditional offers all the time. "We have another kid rated ahead of you, but if we don't get him by Sept 1, the scholarship is yours to accept. We'll be happy to have you. We like your game and think you can really help us. "

If you don't think Quade did anything wrong, then you're no person I would ever want to do business with. Why did he wait until after signing period was over. Just answer that.

Tossing Moyer under the bus? I think Moyer is a nice kid. That doesn't negate the fact that the staff redshirted him because he is not ready to play on that level. I mentioned Moyer because a lot of you toss around the word loyalty only when it has to do with the players. Moyer has been nothing but loyal to SU and the staff. It's funny how 20 posts later you can't understand that Quade or any other smart kid don't care how they do it. And if it's not obvious by now after my 20 posts here is number 21 to tell you that these kids should do what is best for them when and how they want to do it. And that is because these coaches don't care about how they do recruits, and will recruit over them and force them out when they want to do it and how they want to do it.
What does redshirting a kid have to do with loyalty? would you rather he sit on the bench and waste a year of eligibility?

He played us. Simple as that. He could have picked Kentucky earlier than he did, so we still had a chance to sign someone in the early period. He got his offers from Duke and Kentucky a while ago. That's why his judgment sucks, that's why what he did is open to criticism. How many other kids had announcements after the period ended, four or five, maybe? The other 80 kids did what you're supposed to do, and tell the school of your intention when they can still do something about it, if you don't want to go there.
Just please, please I'm begging you give me an explanation that explains how us winning games should be more important to him than potentially setting himself and his family up for life

Just please, please I'm begging you give me an explanation that explains how us winning games should be more important to him than potentially setting himself and his family up for life
are you really this dense? ONCE AGAIN, IT'S HOW HE DID IT. It's not that he picked UK over SU it's that he flat out verbally confirmed his commitment to the coaches less than a week before his big hoopla announcement and then, well we know what happened next

It's his right though. What's the worst that can happen to us because of him doing this? We have a bad season? Oh noooooooo. Please get over yourself guys...it's a game, this decision comes with way more important repercussions for him than it does for us.

Well, there happens to be a new head coach coming in, and if he was looking to build around you, and for your help building an elite class to launch him as head coach, then maybe you'll understand why Quade was just so selfish in the way he made his decision. You're not a Syracuse fan if you don't see that.

Redshirting him could only help him in this scenario because he is not ready to play yet at this level. After his redshirt year if he doesnt progress to their standards they will recruit over him, force him out, give him the Mookie Jones treatment, or do him like they did Louie M from St. Raymonds. They don't care. It's about winning at this level. Now this is number 22 to tell you that is why the kid should do what is best for him when and how he wants to do it regardless of what any staff member or fan thinks.

Last edited:
Redshirting him could only help him in this scenario because he is not ready to play yet at this level. After his redshirt year if he doesnt progress to their standards they will recruit over him, force him out, give him the Mookie Jones treatment, or do him like they did Louie M from St. Raymonds. They don't care. It's about winning at this level. Now this is number 22 to tell you that is why the kid should do what is best for him when and how they want to do it regardless of what any staff member or fan thinks.
Poor Louie M from St. Raymonds. Just reprehensible how they did him.

Redshirting him could only help him in this scenario because he is not ready to play yet at this level. After his redshirt year if he doesnt progress to their standards they will recruit over him, force him out, give him the Mookie Jones treatment, or do him like they did Louie M from St. Raymonds. They don't care. It's about winning at this level. Now this is number 22 to tell you that is why the kid should do what is best for him when and how they want to do it regardless of what any staff member or fan thinks.
McCroskey - oh yes - please tell us the story

Kids have conditional offers all the time. "We have another kid rated ahead of you, but if we don't get him by Sept 1, the scholarship is yours to accept. We'll be happy to have you. We like your game and think you can really help us. "

If you don't think Quade did anything wrong, then you're no person I would ever want to do business with. Why did he wait until after signing period was over. Just answer that.

Because he wanted to announce at NG's Midnight Madness event.