Somebody 'Splain to me How Minnesooooota... | Syracusefan.com

Somebody 'Splain to me How Minnesooooota...

Is 9 - 0 having just beaten Penn State.

I know, it's the weather. Every kid wants to play in Minnesota. All those women walking around in bikinis.
and they have an outdoor stadium. The right coach can bring 4 & 5 star talent to cold weather colleges.

We have a Texas high school coach on our staff yet Fleck landed a 4 star WR and 4 star QB out of Texas in 2019.

and they have an outdoor stadium. The right coach can bring 4 & 5 star talent to cold weather colleges.

We have a Texas high school coach on our staff yet Fleck landed a 4 star WR and 4 star QB out of Texas in 2019.

I was going to say something about recruiting but....

They got a 4 star DB out of Illinois in 2019. The QB had middle of the road P5 offers like Syracuse Iowa Purdue and Washington st. I take it you’re knocking syracuse but didn’t syracuse bring in an elite 11 finalist or is the star rating more important than that? And didn’t syracuse bring in a couple of 4 star linebackers in 2019 from FL and NC?

Minny has 1 four star kid this year a LB from Missouri. Syracuse has a 4 star DE from Florida.

What? they got 4 and 5 star players? I don't think so.......They got PJ the anti-Ash.

But the QB who played like a stud today is from Northern Kentucky (Cincy area)

Southern Ohio is a fertile recruiting bed that we don't "poach" enough

Is 9 - 0 having just beaten Penn State.

I know, it's the weather. Every kid wants to play in Minnesota. All those women walking around in bikinis.

Today was their first tough game of the year. It was at home and they needed an offensive PI call to pull it out.

Can we hire their scheduling coordinator? Undefeated is undefeated

Agreed. They didn’t even play a P5 out of conference. Pedo St win is legit but come one. Fresno, San Diego st and Georgia southern. Purdue, rutgirls, Illinois, MD, (4-5) Nebraska. Stars have aligned a Dow they’re playing with uber confidence.

next year we have Rutgers away which will be tough cause we’ll get their A-game and a new coach, lot of emotion, but the OOC is as soft as it gets.

The B1G is top heavy and no undefeated is not undefeated. Tell that to UCF when they had a fake claim to the National Championship. Who you play does matter.

next year we have Rutgers away which will be tough cause we’ll get their A-game and a new coach, lot of emotion, but the OOC is as soft as it gets.

Oh god, we’re already starting excuses for how we could lose to Rutgers. We won’t have any tape on them and it’ll be the game they are circling on their calendar I’m sure. Wow, we are at rock bottom if we’re already manufacturing excuses for a Rutgers game. At least some of the lame excuses for MD were logical but Rutgers!!??
I think I’m ashamed today.

Oh god, we’re already starting excuses for how we could lose to Rutgers. We won’t have any tape on them and it’ll be the game they are circling on their calendar I’m sure. Wow, we are at rock bottom if we’re already manufacturing excuses for a Rutgers game. At least some of the lame excuses for MD were logical but Rutgers!!??
I think I’m ashamed today.

I expect to win, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think it’ll be competitive. Anything can happen when you get a teams A-game at their place.

Between them and us, schedule seems pretty even to me. We played Clemson and they played Penn St. What other tough teams have we played?

Any suggestion that our lack of success this year has anything to do with schedule is foolish.

Last edited:
Mark Coyle hired Dino for Syracuse and PJ Fleck for Minnesota. Seems like Coyle has good judgement, maybe this is just a perfect storm of bad circumstances for us. Things have a way of evening out. Everything fell right for us in 18, everything has gone wrong in 19.

Up until today, they had one of the worst schedules in CFB in terms of difficulty and quality of opponent.

Awful OOC schedule. Play in the worst division in P5. That helps a lot.

Opened against South Dakota State at home.
Played Fresno State on the road (4-4). Won in OT.
Barely beat Georgia Southern at home.
Barely beat 3-6 Purdue.
Beat a bad Illinois team.
Beat a bad (4-5) Nebraska team.
Rutgers. Enough said.
Maryland. Enough said.
Then Penn State.

I think this is the first team they have beat that has a winning record. Maybe South Dakota State or Georgia Southern do. If so, it really doesn’t matter given who they are and who they play.

I expect to win, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think it’ll be competitive. Anything can happen when you get a teams A-game at their place.

Yeah, of everyone on their schedule I highly doubt SU is going to be their A game.

Are you saying our win vs Clemson and VT don’t mean much because they were our A games and those teams took us lightly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom