Somebody 'Splain to me How Minnesooooota... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Somebody 'Splain to me How Minnesooooota...

Our common opponent is Maryland.

They beat them by 42, we lost by 43.

Let’s not belittle their schedule. They’ve taken care of business while we are the business our opponents have taken care of.

Awful OOC schedule. Play in the worst division in P5. That helps a lot.

Opened against South Dakota State at home.
Played Fresno State on the road (4-4). Won in OT.
Barely beat Georgia Southern at home.
Barely beat 3-6 Purdue.
Beat a bad Illinois team.
Beat a bad (4-5) Nebraska team.
Rutgers. Enough said.
Maryland. Enough said.
Then Penn State.

I think this is the first team they have beat that has a winning record. Maybe South Dakota State or Georgia Southern do. If so, it really doesn’t matter given who they are and who they play.
It’s a charmed year

The B1G is top heavy and no undefeated is not undefeated. Tell that to UCF when they had a fake claim to the National Championship. Who you play does matter.

Lets be honest here , a National Championship is far from anyones mind. Lets start making bowls regularly and winning them, then winning the conference, then we can start worrying about a National Championship. Being in a Power 5 conference if we went undefeated we would be in, UCFs problem was they were in the "other 5"

I think it’s comical the views on this forum. Oh Minnesota is a joke played no one. Blah blah Rutgers castoffs. Ha they would smoke us. Pj fleck has taken a bad team with the same band wagon fan base as we have and turned them into a power house. Everyone in that state is bought in. Can we say that about Syracuse. The only ppl bought in are the board heavy weights who bomb on psu and and Rutgers. We are really bad and basically going to have to rebuild for what the 5th time in 15 years. Board members here need to get a clue. Nothing to see here we are su. So what we fired our dc... So what players aren’t playing, we are in the acc! Delusional group on this board that’s all I know.

I think it’s comical the views on this forum. Oh Minnesota is a joke played no one. Blah blah Rutgers castoffs. Ha they would smoke us. Pj fleck has taken a bad team with the same band wagon fan base as we have and turned them into a power house. Everyone in that state is bought in. Can we say that about Syracuse. The only ppl bought in are the board heavy weights who bomb on psu and and Rutgers. We are really bad and basically going to have to rebuild for what the 5th time in 15 years. Board members here need to get a clue. Nothing to see here we are su. So what we fired our dc... So what players aren’t playing, we are in the acc! Delusional group on this board that’s all I know.

no. This is a crock. They are not a powerhouse. They did what we did last year and what Wake is doing this year and what Purdue did a few years ago.

make a good hire, get some solid kids in, a few game changers, and catch your schedule at the right time.

No way they have the season we are having next year. There is zero excuse in year 4 to have this season. It is the blind faith many of you diehards have in Dino that is blinding you. Coyle, Fleck and the Minnesota university decided to seriously commit to football and this is the result. You guys aren’t even seeing the Dino that walks the side lines this year is a shell of who he has been. The guy is checked out also. There is serious issues on the hill and we shouldn’t be throwing stones when we are living in a glass house.
no. This is a crock. They are not a powerhouse. They did what we did last year and what Wake is doing this year and what Purdue did a few years ago.

make a good hire, get some solid kids in, a few game changers, and catch your schedule at the right time.

A power? Please. Took over a bad team? You should go fact check. Minnesota was 9-4 in 2016. Fleck took over in 2017 and went 5-7. 2018- 7-6. 2019- 9-0.

He didn’t take over a bad team. He’s not a power - yet. IF he repeats next year come back and call me out. I like to see a trend first before anointing anyone. You’re calling SU fans delusional and then offer up a hot take.

A power? Please. Took over a bad team? You should go fact check. Minnesota was 9-4 in 2016. Fleck took over in 2017 and went 5-7. 2018- 7-6. 2019- 9-0.

He didn’t take over a bad team. He’s not a power - yet. IF he repeats next year come back and call me out. I like to see a trend first before anointing anyone. You’re calling SU fans delusional and then offer up a hot take.

I think it’s too early to say they are a powerhouse but this isn’t Fleck’s first rodeo. He took Western Michigan from 1-11 in 2013 to 13-1 in 2016 and their recruiting classes under him were top in the MAC. I could see them becoming a Wisconsin/Michigan State level team as long as he is there. That’s a significant step up from where they have been in the past which is fringe bowl team.

I think it’s too early to say they are a powerhouse but this isn’t Fleck’s first rodeo. He took Western Michigan from 1-11 in 2013 to 13-1 in 2016 and their recruiting classes under him were top in the MAC. I could see them becoming a Wisconsin/Michigan State level team as long as he is there. That’s a significant step up from where they have been in the past which is fringe bowl team.
We'll know more by the end of November. I think both Wisconsin and Iowa get them.

Awful OOC schedule. Play in the worst division in P5. That helps a lot.

Opened against South Dakota State at home.
Played Fresno State on the road (4-4). Won in OT.
Barely beat Georgia Southern at home.
Barely beat 3-6 Purdue.
Beat a bad Illinois team.
Beat a bad (4-5) Nebraska team.
Rutgers. Enough said.
Maryland. Enough said.
Then Penn State.

I think this is the first team they have beat that has a winning record. Maybe South Dakota State or Georgia Southern do. If so, it really doesn’t matter given who they are and who they play.
Agreed on this. Lot easier to get up for one big game, at home with a jacked-up crowd, than having to get up week after week like Auburn, LSU & Georgia have to.

Having said that, give Fleck a ton of credit for his offensive game plan. Franklin said in his halftime interview that Minnie put in a bunch of stuff that they had not done all year and that Penn State needed to make adjustments.

Obviously, Franklin made the appropriate adjustments and PSU dominated the second half but made enough mistakes that Minnie was able to hold on.

We'll see how Minnie handles success and the remaining gauntlet of a schedule.

I don't see it happening but, if they run the table, they should be in the top four.

and they have an outdoor stadium. The right coach can bring 4 & 5 star talent to cold weather colleges.

We have a Texas high school coach on our staff yet Fleck landed a 4 star WR and 4 star QB out of Texas in 2019.
This.

We finished top 15 last year.

Couldn’t capitalize in recruiting and then fell apart the following year.

He’s actually building something. It may or may not be sustainable but recruiting is half the battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom