Someone explain the OL to me | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Someone explain the OL to me

Was thinking of him when I wrote that. The give the defender the damn ball WR and flip off the camera wr, correct?

Mentally soft then petulant after the fact. Go win 50:50 balls or even 80:20 balls my man. Concentration lapses all over.

Also, like our oline, go plant someone on a block... Anyone from our WR room or oline... Show the other team and all of us you watching you you are a BAMF
EXACTLY

Or some more freshman talent that has size and can compete earlier. Just seems much harder for us to recruit that.
Dino really needs to find a P5 ready JUCO or transfer with at least 2 to play 2. Second choice is some solid grad transfer as a stop gap...can be a capable 2nd string guy as we know our luck. Other than Ellis, not sure any of the true Frosh next year should be playing.

IMHO, Grad transfers will be in hot demand as Covid will throw off roster accounting and coaches can take them as stop gap measures in 21.

Last edited:
Was thinking of him when I wrote that. The give the defender the damn ball WR and flip off the camera wr, correct?

Mentally soft then petulant after the fact. Go win 50:50 balls or even 80:20 balls my man. Concentration lapses all over.

Also, like our oline, go plant someone on a block... Anyone from our WR room or oline... Show the other team and all of us you watching you you are a BAMF

The team needs an edge. We play too much like a West Coast team and not a Northeast team.

Dino really needs to find a P5 ready JUCO or transfer with at least 2 to play 2. Second choice is some solid grad transfer as a stop gap...can be a capable 2nd string guy as we know our luck. Other than Ellis, not sure any of the true Frosh next year should be playing.

IMHO, Grad transfers will be in hot demand as Covid will throw off roster accounting and coaches can take them as stop gap measures in 21.
All I ask is that Dino bring in kids who we KNOW can be eligible. Seems that we're always sweating out whether some transfer can play. Figure it out ahead of time, and cross kids off the list who are unlikely to get clearance.

All I ask is that Dino bring in kids who we KNOW can be eligible. Seems that we're always sweating out whether some transfer can play. Figure it out ahead of time, and cross kids off the list who are unlikely to get clearance.
Isn't it going to be automatic next year? No more waivers that take 9 months before eventual and certain denial. #cuzCuse

All Dino has to worry about is school admissions.

As Mark said, no worry for 2021. It's a one year open free agency.

But beyond that, it's pretty challenging to know. I mean, the past couple years have been Oprah giving out immediate transfer waivers. They're everywhere. Except here.

In case anyone is still wondering why we don't throw more quick out passes to the WRs. If you don't have any confidence in the blocking ability of your WRs, those passes get removed from your playbook.

Needs to be fixed. Can't play fast if we can't run that play. And the worst part is that WR/TE has been seemingly unaffected by injuries.

In case anyone is still wondering why we don't throw more quick out passes to the WRs. If you don't have any confidence in the blocking ability of your WRs, those passes get removed from your playbook.

Needs to be fixed. Can't play fast if we can't run that play. And the worst part is that WR/TE has been seemingly unaffected by injuries.

Except for Hendrix, yeah. And TJax going UFA (and good for him for sticking).

Jackson is expendable to the NFL...he has 2 years tops to elevate. If he stays about the same he'll be cut. WRs are a dime a dozen

This is where I think we will start seeing some progress with Javontae, Barron and Alford next year. Those are some larger WRs with talent and that could really be good down field blockers for us as well. Add Queely, Hackett and maybe a transfer or two and now its a story that starts looking good on paper and hopefully translates onto the field.

Between Hendrix and Qadir White injuries, TJax going NFL when he basically had no chance of being drafted, Cisco and Trill leaving after just 3 years (with good chances of being drafted thankfully for them), it's obvious that we just can't have nice things.

Whiny rant over.

It does seem Dino was snake bit by Sampson and White. Probably thought he had the middle of the O-line solid for Tommy and it wasn’t to be. Just part of the game, but sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom