Someone tell that Wichita St. Coach | Syracusefan.com

Someone tell that Wichita St. Coach

Syracuse44

Walk On
That his team does not belong on the same floor or in the same discussion with our team. It was downright comical to hear his open rooting interest in Pitt last night, so his Shockers would be the lone unbeaten team left. I would love to see him try that full court press all game against SU. CJ and Jerami would have their own personal dunk contest all game long. Go have a blast running your record up against that powder puff conference, I think NW Dr. Pepper State might give them a game coming up next on the ocho!

The best line from him last night was "If we go undefeated and don't get a #1 seed, then the NCAA is rigged". Wth, really? You did not beat anyone all year, and your whole conference is teams over 100 RPI.. Their ceiling should be a 3 seed at best, what a joke. They played a total of TWO BCS teams ALL YEAR. Alabama and Tennessee, both terrible teams from a crappy SEC conference. That's it.

The fact that ESPN had this guy on set was embarrassing. Just admit that they all thought we were going down and then they would put Marshall on a chair and carry him around the studio cheering his name.

I was so happy we won for this exact reason. them

The best line from him last night was "If we go undefeated and don't get a #1 seed, then the NCAA is rigged". Wth, really? You did not beat anyone all year, and your whole conference is teams over 100 RPI.. Their ceiling should be a 3 seed at best, what a joke. They played a total of TWO BCS teams ALL YEAR. Alabama and Tennessee, both terrible teams from a crappy SEC conference. That's it.

I actually think they deserve a 2 seed...in our bracket... So the Cuse can stomp them...Oh yea IF Wichita makes it far enough lol

Wichita St may potentially play more tourney teams in OOC than us. Right now they have St. Louis, Tennessee, and BYU who are in. Right now we have Villanova, Cal, and Minnesota.

With 3 tourney wins, including a big win on the road, they actually did pretty well in OOC. Its just that they need to do more in OOC to justify equal seeding.

And no I am not arguing that they are better or should be seeded higher than Syracuse. Not even close. Just pointing out that there OOC is turning out to be solid compared to other pod level teams.

Would you ever catch JB, K, Izzo, Pitino or any other big time coach "IN STUDIO" during the season like that? He flew from Kansas where they played a home game the night before (with a big storm coming) to get to Bristol Connecticut. All of their games in conference are in the Midwest What are you doing? The other coaches might do a remote video spot or spend a day doing radio interview when they aheva long week break but that's about it.

who cares what seed Wichita St gets, that is the great thing about the tourney we find out real quick how good the Gonzaga's and Wichita's and St Joe's are as the big dog and not a Cinderella

They play our schedule, they would have at least 5 losses.

I think that is a little high. I'm thinking as of today, 3 losses.. But they would lose some a few more down the stretch on our tough road swing. The gap between the Wichita St and Syracuse schedule really widens the last 4 weeks of the season.

Didn't they make the Final Four last year and were pretty close to beating the eventual champion? That followed by a 25-0 start the next season, no matter the conference, is pretty damn impressive and they are definitely not just a fluke.

The coach being at ESPN is a little strange but he's got to promote the program somehow even if it's rooting for another team to lose on cable television.

He was successful at Winthrop but couldn't get a power conference job because of his reputation for being a richard. 9 years @ Winthrop, 7 NCAAs and no big time offers

Would you ever catch JB, K, Izzo, Pitino or any other big time coach "IN STUDIO" during the season like that? He flew from Kansas where they played a home game the night before (with a big storm coming) to get to Bristol Connecticut. All of their games in conference are in the Midwest What are you doing? The other coaches might do a remote video spot or spend a day doing radio interview when they aheva long week break but that's about it.

It was a little odd to see him, I agree. Of course it never hurts from a recruiting perspective to have some face time during the matchup of a big power conference game.

I only saw one chat they had with him, and they baited him into an answer that he was cheering for Pitt.

He answered it diplomatically at first, seeming to avoid the question. Then he pulled a swerve, and decided to come across as fairly foolish.

It was a little odd to see him, I agree. Of course it never hurts from a recruiting perspective to have some face time during the matchup of a big power conference game.

I only saw one chat they had with him, and they baited him into an answer that he was cheering for Pitt.

He answered it diplomatically at first, seeming to avoid the question. Then he pulled a swerve, and decided to come across as fairly foolish.

I think its more for him getting a big time job than for his recruiting. Just the way I read it, who knows though. Undoubtedly it was a strange thing to see during the season and he has to be more diplomatic than agreeing he wants us to lose that's just weak and counters his own point about them deserving a 1 seed. If he really believes that why rout for another team across the country to lose?

Wichita's rpi wins are very similar to Pitts save for the St. Louis win. If Wichita had all the high rpi teams that Pitt does, it's hard to say they would have fared significantly better.

Not only do the Shockers have the best nickname in sports, but they have a very good basketball team. Did people here forget that they went to the Final Four a year ago?

He was successful at Winthrop but couldn't get a power conference job because of his reputation for being a richard. 9 years @ Winthrop, 7 NCAAs and no big time offers

Who gets a "big time offer" coming directly from the Big South?

Didn't they make the Final Four last year and were pretty close to beating the eventual champion? That followed by a 25-0 start the next season, no matter the conference, is pretty damn impressive and they are definitely not just a fluke.

The coach being at ESPN is a little strange but he's got to promote the program somehow even if it's rooting for another team to lose on cable television.

Agreed on BOTH counts.

Wichita's rpi wins are very similar to Pitts save for the St. Louis win. If Wichita had all the high rpi teams that Pitt does, it's hard to say they would have fared significantly better.

So your point is that they can beat any team in the country?

The fact that ESPN had this guy on set was embarrassing. Just admit that they all thought we were going down and then they would put Marshall on a chair and carry him around the studio cheering his name.

I was so happy we won for this exact reason. them

His in studio mannerism was annoying. However, seeing that look of dismay on Dixon's face (versus his usual pompous snarly ass grin) after Ennis hit that shot, well, for me, that was just so much more rewarding!

Last edited:

Pitt may have actually had a harder schedule than us, if we try to translate it to another team (despite their garbage OOC)

Ask Wichita St what they would rather play

Syracuse, Syracuse, Duke, Virginia
or
Pitt, Pitt, Duke

Of course its our being so much better than Pitt that makes this so. Pitt!!

Last edited:
Well they only made the final four last year; how good can they possibly be?

I have steadfast sung the praises of that team all year. They are incredibly talented.

Still no excuse for ESPN to whore out and have this guy on set in anticipation of SU losing.

"Ok coach here is what will happen. As soon as Pitt wins we will come back and start the Wichita lovefest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom